New type of bot

It seems gather bots have up there game. I ran into a group(Multiboxer) of bots that was one of each class different guilds and different gather proff mostly mining and herb. The thing here is if you get too close to them they some how disconnect you from WOW to keep you from reporting them. Most likely the report function…I stay with them for about an hour or two before the head decided to delete the character(Jole*******-Kel’Thuzad). I had to even double check I added him to my friends list and it said unknown after awhile. So I checked the armory and low and behold the character was deleted after he dumped everything in his transfer guild. His generic response to anything was lol then kept moving on. His movement was bot like which appeared to be that of clicking to move. His micro bots he had on his mammoth would all click the same node at the same time also.

We need a better way to report these guys, It took me forever to target each one and report just to have to type a response in. Now he will most likely get away since hes done deleted the accounts.

3 Likes

Right click and report for cheating sends all the right info blizzard needs they dont need another form of reporting when right clicking sends it all.

7 Likes

When they are moving so fast and abuse the report function to kick you. Its a pain in the neck to report them.

OP, you might want to edit the character name out of your original post. We don’t name and shame on the forums.

4 Likes

Doesn’t exactly matter the the character is deleted…

Blizzard doesn’t collect reports on the forums.

Especially ambiguous ones like " a group of people did something that I think was a bot".

Right click, report your suspicions ( because that’s all they are)move on.

Nothing can be done via the forums.

10 Likes

Still doesnt matter call out regardless arent allowed even if u get one or 2 every report counts.

4 Likes

Btw? We’re not going to argue whether or not your suspicions are wrong or right.

3 Likes

Definitely appreciate the vigilance Synntax, but as others have pointed out - we do not accept reports via the forums. You can use the right-click tools provided in-game to report a character. You don’t need to report every single character in the group.

10 Likes

Thanks, Your answer for just reporting one in the group was what I was looking for.

They are not abusing the report system to have you dc’d. If you ever got a suspension or ban it would be accompanied immediately by an email explaining the reason behind it. Your dc’s are happening because of one or more add-ons though I don’t know which ones specifically. It’s been reported and explained by blues on these forums multiple times. Next time you want to report them, I suggest disabling all your addons in game, doing a quick /reload, then right click/report. It will work, and then you can just re-enable your addons after.

2 Likes

Disabling addons is just putting a bandaid on the issue if its a corrupted UI a proper reset is done by https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

3 Likes

That won’t solve incompatibility issues with the addons. The problems will still be there next time you install them.

It’s not usually the addon itself that’s incompatible, though. That’s why it’s not recommended to just disable addons; there could be a corrupt file in the WTF or Cache folder causing problems, or even an issue with a Blizzard addon, which is found in the Interface folder as well… so deleting the Interface/Cache/WTF folders provides a fresh UI, void of any addons or files that are interfering.

3 Likes

Sometimes yes, but my suggestion is worth trying first as it’s much faster.

1 Like

Was necroing the thread really necessary? Especially to spout misinformation and lies…not really a wise course of action on the CS forums.

5 Likes

No he didn’t. Trolling on one of the most heavily moderated forums, again is not a wise course of actions.

3 Likes

Trolling fo what, i dont troll, i state facts

With nothing to back it up.

2 Likes

This was 10 years ago, forget about it if im botted to death i just wont play