New type of bot

Have a good night

Multiboxing is allowed, though unsupported.

I’m not understanding why being murdered by a multiboxer is an issue though.

3 Likes

2 Likes

How is it cheating?

2 Likes

here we go…

2 Likes

You have NO idea how multiboxing works, and you are just repeating the same misinformed talking points everyone else uses to push their agenda.

4 Likes

Boxing is fancy for bot support!!!

How’re you defining bots, exactly?

1 Like

I don’t think they’re trolling.

I think Chaosangie is upset about multiboxers. Being upset about something is a perfectly natural part of human existence, there are plenty of things about the game that upset me.

Lol, like i care and not trolling, just aski g question, what is multiboxing if not bot support

I feel threatened lol

:roll_eyes:

Ignoring the discussion from 18 days ago, the onus is on you as you initiated this conversation with two claims.

2 Likes

Well, according to the people that make the game, and the rules, it’s not.

So there you go.

2 Likes

Perhaps you should log out and move to your safe space with your therapy pony.

4 Likes

I know for a fact that this is not what a Game Master told you, because Blizzard’s official stance on multiboxing is well documented and you’re misrepresenting and exaggerating the content of what I assume was a ticket response.

You were told that multiboxing is allowed, but unsupported, and possibly that, if you feel so inclined, you may also multibox.

While you may feel that way, it’s not true. I don’t multibox, though there are people on the forums who do, and they (rightly) get quite offended when people accuse them of botting. The core of multiboxing, in most basic terms as I understand it, is telling multiple accounts to listen to the same keyboard. Good comparison might be a splitter like you’d use for certain cables, or maybe a power bar. There is no automation involved, and therefore no botting.

It’s also not cheating for any other reason, nor does it provide any advantage (in fact it tends to make the game more difficult to play, which is part of the fun for the people who do it). It works out to X number of characters in the game world, and the number of operators behind those characters is irrelevant.

Also I would advise against namecalling. I don’t know whether you’re truly trolling or not, but Blizzard’s definition of trolling includes namecalling, and it’ll get you shut down if you keep it up.

6 Likes

I am obviously ignorant, i am sorry if i offended or otherwise caused anyone to feel like i was calling them a name such as a cheater. I feel i should delete this post as it not serving a purpose. I am sorry

Bots are bots. Multi-boxing is not botting unless they are automating/botting as well.

Forget about the software used to clone keystrokes over multiple instances of of the game. It can be done without it. Someone could have WoW running on multiple computer systems and either use synchronized wireless dongles and wireless keyboard and mouse, or a splitter and wired keyboard and mouse. That’s the way multi-boxing was originally done. It’s why it’s called multi-boxing.

The rules are one keystroke=one action for each instance of WoW. Key-cloning is not botting.

Players not liking multi-boxing is fine. Just realize that not everyone shares your opinion. Just realize their opinion is just as valid as yours. Just realize because they don’t agree with you doesn’t make them wrong. It doesn’t make you wrong either. You are allowed to have your opinion, just like they are allowed to have theirs.

4 Likes