New Tumblr Rules and the Spine of Deathwing

Twitter is for bad jokes and worse takes.

Hey, one good thing about the new Tumblr rules, Twitter is going to have a nice boost of artists.

Doesn’t Twitter have the same set of rules for NSFW stuff like Deviantart does? Like nudes and such are okay, but straight up sex is a no? Unless I’m totally stupid.

Given the multiple stories I’ve heard about hilarious accidental likes, I’m under the impression that Twitter doesn’t have that restriction, no.

1 Like

Actually, Twitter only has rules against unlawful content. So long as your content does not violate any laws, NSFW content is allowed.

2 Likes

…huh. Well that’s good. Hopefully it doesn’t fall into the stupid choices Tumblr’s making.

Shame Twitter is just a dumb site

Twitter doesn’t have restrictions, plenty of p*rn actors and NSFW art all up on that site. It’s still a fairly good site for networking and promoting yourself. I know editors will search Twitter hashtags or keywords for creators. The same goes for Instagram as well.

I wouldn’t recommend using them as your main portfolio site though. Better to get dedicated hosting, some places do have NSFW policies. Yet aside from that you don’t have to worry about sites like Tumblr purging content (and users) or Tapastic sneaking in TOS to claim ownership over your work.

…seriously?

They pulled it when the user base revolted and I’m not wording it perfectly, yet it was right to first refusal. At least something like that, more or less it seemed like a way to protect themselves from likely Hiveworks and Webtoons which was snatching up their more notable series.

It essentially makes them a middle man should a publisher (Hiveworks) or anyone else approach a creator and they can essentially get first dibs on the contract deal or at least put themselves in it. Something along those lines, I don’t host on Tapastic so I wasn’t terribly affected by it all.

They back peddled on it but that trust with Tapastic is broken now. Some people I know remained and keep mirroring their work on there but I know a lot of others that left for Webtoons or just went self hosted after that.

You’re putting way too much value on this and other blogs like it. I would guess that perhaps 5% at MOST of the roleplayers on WRA actively look at that type of blog or content. There are thousands upon thousands of roleplayers who just roleplay and stay clear of drama like that. Do yourself a favor and just ignore it and do your thing.

2 Likes

Tumblr attemped to crack down on NSFW comtent because a few news organizations called them out for having child pronz shotas and loli garbage on their platform. In an assumed attempt to save their advertisers from pulling out. Yet they still have extreme content like antifa and white supremacists on there. They are being selective. They couldnt care less about a few RPers.

Not that it matters. They have effectively killed their platform with this. I never used it so I dont particularly care.

1 Like

:thinking:

11 Likes

Seconding this. Call-out blogs seem to function on the premise that we’re all still in grade school and thrive on negative gossip. No matter how idealistic their description may sound (Protecting! The! Community! From! Jerks!), they inevitably end up an absolute CF and a lot of people who weren’t hurting anyone end up screwed over. Meanwhile, it all slides right off truly toxic people because truly toxic people DGAF about what others got to say.

Best way to handle toxic people in-game is the ignore function. Don’t let them suck all the oxygen out of your game. They thrive on callouts, because it’s attention. Don’t give them any. I guarantee your head space will improve.

6 Likes

You’re free to think whatever you want about them. I don’t particularly care either way. I don’t like them or the methods of the extreme left.

I took the displeasure of skimming through the blog and it’s as you said another dumb callout blog like WRA Secrets. People anonymously calling out other anonymous users to make themselves feel better. Like the other dozen there’s nothing worth picking apart in it or talking to the people who use it to trash talk others on this server ((ANONYMOUSLY)) because let’s be frank when you make a post on those types of blogs you aren’t anonymous. This community isn’t big enough for that. People know who’s being called out and they can figure out who’s doing it rather quickly. And if they can’t they will go after the wrong person(which has happened to me even though I don’t even use Tumblr, again.

A few weeks ago I called this server’s community trash on this forum. I was generalizing a bit and in the back of my head I had behavior like this in mind. Should tumblr shut down blogs like these? Probably. Will they? Nope. Best way to get them to stop doing what their doing is to stop posting on them and acting like what they are doing is making a difference.

I came into the discussion late as usual though.

2 Likes

Man, I always hated Spine of Deathwing. Having to trust everyone in your raid to be positioned correctly? Ugh. Never again please. Too many memories of being spun off the back.

4 Likes
8 Likes

the extreme right chucked a child into a holding cell and left them to die on christmas

among other things

8 Likes

No you don’t understand, okay? The other guys wear masks and get people fired just for marching in fascist rallies. They’re the scourge of our times.

9 Likes

Nobody is going to win this and you’re all going to look stupider for trying.

Pointing this out is my christmas gift to all of you.

6 Likes