New Tumblr Rules and the Spine of Deathwing

Ohhh, okay I know what you guys are talking about now. Those tabloid blogs. Yeah I mean I’ve been aware of them for years, but they’re so unimportant I couldn’t tell you a single post that’s been made on them.

2 Likes

Yeah, RP jerks usually give themselves away pretty fast but actually predatory abusive personalities are nothing if not careful in their approach. Their whole thing is getting you attached and even trying to isolate you from any other social connections you have before the knives come out.

Folks like that are, in theory, where these callout blogs could be useful, but in practice they tend to just be fonts of petty drama which go mostly unnoticed anyway.

4 Likes

I have not encountered those kinds of people however this could be because:

a. I dont’t give anything out about my IRL life.

b. My WoW friends stay on WoW (no facebook twitter etc I don’t even use discord outside my guilds)

because of these two rules I don’t give those kind of people any ammunition to use against me.

And I agree people who do this are jerks that is what the /ignore function is there for.

And yet it still happens to others who do the same thing. It’s great to take precautions if you’re concerned, but there are no amount of precautions that’ll protect people from those who -genuinely want- to make your ingame life hell.

2 Likes

your irl information is irrelevant

if we were in a guild together and I secretly told everyone that you were a horrible person and didn’t deserve their time of day and that they should leave the guild and join my new one without you

that abusive transaction requires neither your irl life or outside contact.

or say someone wants to RP with you, and they only want to rp with you, to the point that you are contacted by this person every time you log onto WoW, and you are accosted by them whenever you spend time with someone else in game to the point that you couldn’t do anything else in WoW without upsetting them.

that would require no irl information or outside wow contact

should I go on

6 Likes

I see what ya saying I have encounter things like this before I just think a callout blog is not the way to solve it.

But seeing that spine is not used that much I am just going to call the thread there.

Now excuse me, but the RP council? I disbanded them when I was elected unanimously by my entire guild of me and my alts as the Grand Magistrix, Empress, Pharaoh, Warchief and Leige of the server. I, and I alone, represent this entire server, both publically and in private. I am marketable and trendy, while also being retro-cool for the millenials. I still even have green eyes on a blelf, with a boring transmog without a trace of red or gold!

Hail to Grand Magistrix Empress Pharaoh Warchief Leige Alynsa! I shall represent all equally and fairly!

I feel like someone with that many titles would know how to properly spell “liege.”

You have been dethroned! Boom.

2 Likes

Grand Magistrix Empress Pharaoh Warchief Liege Alynsa has a server to rule. I have no time to remember a petty thing like I before E, except after C. Hense why I now formally proclaim that grammar shall forthwith be abol- Wait. No. Bad proclamation.

Gah, fine. I’m dethroned. Proclamations are too much power for me to handle. Baenura, as my last act in power, I declare you the Grand Magistrix Empress Pharaoh Warchief Liege.

That’s okay, I was already on top.

1 Like

Since when was that a thing?

I thought you were describing the Dragon Soul encounter at first.

1 Like

tumblr on spine of deathwing apparently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrG7V8jm7XE

Why am i never on any of these sites.

I’m arrogant and prolific. I have a massive ego people should hate me they should write novels of scathing hate directed at me!

Zunde, we call that the conservation of ninjutsu. Or something.

If you spread yourself too thin, you’ll have a lot less ego to work with. We can’t have you being humble!

Your avatar looks a little bit like John Lennon, Zunde.

2 Likes

That tumblr is 100% too boring.

1 Like

Tell tumblr that Spine is actually a female presenting nipples.

1 Like

I heard about this site before but I almost always immediately forget about it because I’m in my 30s now so I don’t know how to use Tumblr.

One time I had to review someone’s portfolio and its URL connected to their tumblr blog but I had to sift threw memes and other people’s art to find their work. So I rejected their application, idk if there was some sorta special Tumblr way to filter to their work specifically but oh well :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

Gotta learn how to search tags. Usually artists tag their work with a phrase (Like “My Art” etc) and if you find a post tagged than and click on the tag it will bring up a page of their posts with only those tags on it.

Conversely if you know the tag you can search if out by typing in “their blog name dot Tumblr dot com /tagged/tag name” that will filter it out as well

I gotta side with Juspions on that one. If you’re putting in an application that includes a portfolio and you make the person reviewing it go hunting through random Internet nonsense to find the relevant material, you deserve to get your application rejected for sheer unprofessionalism. Like, I don’t wish any ill upon this artist, but I hope they got their shizz together and managed to arrange some good opportunities for themselves by not doing stuff like that.

4 Likes