New Trend. Nice

Blizz designed it that way.

This is what happens when people are motivated by drops and not the actual experience of playing the dungeon.

That’s exactly what I do, Any person that drops after a boss kill goes right on my ignore list so I won’t get matched with them again.

How many times should I play the dungeon before it becomes about the drop? 20? 50? 200?

1 Like

Mhm. I read about this. When people do things as a result of extrinsic motivation as opposed to intrinsic. I think it comes down to some people running content to get gear. Where as me, for example, I run for the purpose of doing the run. The gear is a supplement.

2 Likes

It’s more a game design issue. Not a player issue…mostly. You’re right. Who wants to do the same thing 30 times, but that’s what they have you do.

I got my bis legendary for my main in torghast on accident, it really seems unfair to the people who have spent 18 hours straight farming plague fall

Link to your source. I’d guess that the raids are tuned around players having them.

Aren’t serious players already locked out for the week on mythic?

Now I’m having flashbacks to early Legion drop rates.

What’s the drop rate on yours? If it’s .7%, then closer to 200 on average.

Don’t worry, probably in 9.1 Blizz will patch is to be just like the WoD Tavern quests where you don’t get it unless you complete the dungeon.

I swear this Dev team never learns.

1 Like

Not like this. They fixed this issue ages ago, when they made quests require the last boss.

2 Likes

Kind of defeats the purpose of random queues…

1 Like

Garbage people doing garbage things

Lol people who drop groups must not have not play classic or BC. It would be fun of blizzard remove the random dungeon option and force people to actually form groups via trade chat. Would love to see of people will actually drop the group.
And no farming 70+ times is nothing in BC people run the same dungeons for 100+ and still don’t get the item they want.
Or blizzard should put all those that keep dropping groups into their own category and they can only group with others who constantly drop group as well. Like how some games does it.

2 Likes

Quite the opposite I think they actively unlearn stuff.

2 Likes

You must be a new player.
This has been happening for years, especially pug tanks

Legendaries are not about BiS, they are a part of this xpac’s character progression.

This, or remove cross server playability so communities build and servers know who to avoid for poor behavior. Sad that that’s no longer a thing.

3 Likes

Its a double edged sword. Every LFG i get into is mid way through the dungeon, this makes doing quests for dungeons an absolute pain.

On top of the fact that i only knew about legendary memories from forum posts, apparently they drop?

1 Like

Weird, been playing for years and it’s the first time I’ve seen it happen.

1 Like

Or they can design it so all the drops will be in the loot chest after you kill the last boss. You don’t complete the dungeons then no loot, you drop the group mid way no loot. That way people will less likely to drop or leave since they wouldn’t have got anything and people will actually be more forgiving since they know if they get kick or they leave they get nothing.