New Trend. Nice

Seems like the new trend is people queuing and dropping at the boss that gives/doesn’t give their leggo. Nice

9 Likes

Those’re mostly tanks.

Queue with your friends / guildies if you want to avoid that.

This is happening more, but it’s not really new.

7 Likes

Yep. Normal dungeons are completely screwed right now. It is entirely Blizzard’s fault though for putting BIS leggos locked behind a ~1% dungeon boss drop.

5 Likes

blame blizz for crappy drop rates and putting em on the 1st or 2nd boss.

11 Likes

Mostly tanks?

Wrong.

5 Likes

I’m currently doing this in Theater of Pain as well, dropping dungeon immediately after killing Xav.

It can easily take 50, 75, or even 100+ runs, to get the single drop I need. There is no way I’m going to spend the time to run the full dungeon when I only need 1 item.

1 Like

I would much rather the memory drop rates be higher so the legendary hunters can get them and move on, and the people in the dungeon beside you are all there because they actually want to be there and run a dungeon (what a concept).

6 Likes

yup, I do this, and after running the same dungeon 70+ times trying to get a single legendary drop, you would be doing it to.

the worst part is, the dungeon I need, is one I actually LIKE so I would regularly finish it even without the drop… or at least I used to like it and finish it… until somewhere around day 3 and attempt #50

1 Like

Maybe you shouldn’t be running it 70 times back-to-back. Your burnout is your own fault.

4 Likes

you think this is new?

it’s been going on for 15 years

1 Like

I would love to, if it wasn’t my BIS legendary that I need for when raid opens next week. in fact there is nothing better I would love than for it to have a reasonable drop rate so I could have gone on to be doing literally anything more enjoyable by now.

update: i finally got it, now I can go back to actually running dungeons properly and enjoying them instead of trying to spam for the 1 legendary power I needed.

To be fair, you don’t need BiS for raid unless you’re in a world first guild - but I agree it’s still more fun to have it than not.

I gave up on the one I wanted the most and crafted another solid I actually possessed. My hope is that they do buff the drop rates, but I was tired of bashing my head into the dungeon brick wall. I can only hope the drop rates for the ones in the raid are much better than this, or that they show up in the vault too.

1 Like

Honestly I would drop (given how it drops from the third boss), but tbh the last boss is such a pushover, comes right after with very little trash, and practicing my tentacle dodging will be a boon for M+ so I stick around.

That being said, I feel for the folks who have theirs on the 1st or 2nd boss. There really is no incentive to stick around afterwards.

1 Like

Sure. It seems to be in overdrive this time around. I’ve never seen an expac start off like this.

Not an attack, just a question:

Is it fair that a person use a group to get what they want and then abandon them afterward?

Would it be unfair to say that a tactic such as that should be practiced with a guild or dedicated group as opposed to tossing the responsibility to random players who are attempting to complete the dungeon as everyone signed up to do.

2 Likes

put the dropping players on ignore.

Maybe if enough do that they’ll start wondering why it takes longer to wreck a pug for self interest

Not even close. All roles are doing it and there’s a lot more dps than tanks out there.

2 Likes

what wouldn’t be fair is forcing players to stay in a group they no longer want to be in.

this is 100% a game design problem that blizzard should have anticipated.

Simply putting all legendary item drops on the LAST boss in a dungeon would have prevented this from even being an issue.

3 Likes

I have to say making legendary RNG drops is a lazy implementation. For example, they should make them into quests to get X from boss Y as guaranteed, after collected enough mats or something.

3 Likes