New tortollan quest Calligraphy

Pure, unadulterated frustration. Why don’t you just have a “guess the number” quest? It’d be easier than trying to jog whatever line it is that she thinks I need to run.

Better yet, can we play turtle-the-turtle?

Highly recommended to try this while mounted. I got it down on the second try after memorizing 3 points in relation to the starting point. (Basically formed a square)

Just a big “nope”. I firmly believe that they’re trolling us with both of these new quests. Getting turtles to water was the worst job they’ve ever done on a shooting meta game and that needed to be topped, I guess.

I just spent 10min on the triangle one and i copied it perfectly multiple times and still will not give me credit. these are the dumbest quests i have ever seen in a game, straight trash

1 Like

I discovered one the triangle one that it won’t give you credit until you take one more step further on the edge before hitting the target. Never mind the triangle is completely perfect. :upside_down_face:

i used my warlock pet and demonic gate as markers which made tracing the routes far easier

Agree with all above. Apparently nobody does this quest as I see people travelling far and wide to do Tortollan quests. The one life is cruel is also real stupid and would be a lot better if they did not interrupt you all the time after you’save’ two or three!!! Just wondering what person invented these quests?

1 Like

This quest just sucks and I will take a pass on the world quest.

1 Like

I have tried triangle, circle, square. I cannot pass any of them. Nola can eat a turtle egg. Tortollans are the last faction I need to reach exalted on and I only need 4k. I’ll find another path to get there.

1 Like

I’ve discovered that if I do the first two sides of the square as well as can be expected, I can screw up the last two, then when I hit the start point, turn around and redo the last two sides. It’ll count completed then. I’ve only had to rerun the square once after doing it this way.

For the circle, it’s the same thing, only just have to make it to the center point on the opposite side. Haven’t run the triangle yet.

1 Like

The turtle kill one threw me for a moment cause i thought the thing had malfunctioned or bugged out and I was drinking water at that time and almost spewed on my kb. :joy:

1 Like

I had a rage about this quest today. Too picky. Staying mounted helped

2 Likes

yep tried a cple times, said to heck w it, dont need it that bad

What I love is when it overlays your trace with the game’s mark, and they match perfectly, yet the stupid turtle still says ‘I’ve seen better’.

It seems to be both tracing the lines correctly AND (and maybe most importantly) doing so very quickly.

Circle I don’t have any issues with, triangle sometimes takes a few, but the square, oh the square, it makes me want to kick a turtle.

Learned you need to ride a mount and move as fast as your character is let loose to complete it before the shape disappears

Agreed - yet more POS non-functional/half-functioning thrown together junk. Ignore this time wasting TRD quest.

Don’t worry about being on the shape, mount up ride fast before the sparkles disappear and you have it. You can deviate off the line just complete the shape before sparkles go away.

I swear I’ve gotten a good 98% and it still failed me

1 Like

Notice how no blues will touch this one … amazing really.

1 Like

I failed immediately on foot 3 times. On a mount, it was sloppy but I did it first try.