New talent trees

This would likely have to be disabled in PvP, I could easily see this somehow trolling people unless the debuff for Starfall could be dispelled, but I think the former makes the most logical sense.

Starfall only ladys 8 seconds so it would be, at best, a minor inconvenience.

I cannot disagree more. I’ve mained healer since TBC except for a brief stint playing Feral in Siege of Orgrimmar and it was the most enjoyable DPS spec I have ever played.

The boss fight starts and you’re getting your Bleeds applied, spamming your buttons during Berserk and focusing on snapshotting your bleeds as best you can. Everyone’s CD’s are ending 20 seconds later and you’re sitting at or below the Tanks at the bottom of the DPS meter but you know you’ve played well and snapshotted your Bleeds so you chill.

You’re not frantically mashing buttons or spamming strafe like all the other melee. Instead you’re assuming your Zen like state knowing the Bleed DPS engine that is Feral is roaring and you’re just maintaining it with cool calculation. You’re making sure you’re not energy capped and keeping an eye on some good procs for snapshotting but otherwise you’re relaxed. By now you’re middle of the pack on the meters and climbing. The other DPS are getting nervous that the guy who was at the bottom of the list is catching up to them but their CD’s are coming back up shortly and they know Berserk can’t compete.

The second CD phase begins but this time your snapshotted Bleeds are doing work and instead of pulling away on the meters like the other DPS did on pull, they’re simply maintaining their lead but not improving it. Their CD’s end and they realize that the Feral is still climbing. Only the Warriors remain optimistic with the hope that Execute will carry them from the middle of the pack up to the top.

The boss fight is going well. You’re happy with your snapshotting decisions and the damage meter is proof you have. It’s now time for the Warriors to do their thing as the boss enters Execute range. They climb fast but the lead you’ve gotten over the rest of the pack is too much. They overtake the ranged DPS and start tunnel visioning their Execute button, the bosses HP % and the damage meter. Nothing else exists to them. Their head is 3cm away from their screen and their room is filled with aggressive button mashing noises but it isn’t enough. The boss dies, they glance at the meters and lean back in their chair with an “almost” over teamspeak. Everyone knows who they were talking to. Victory is yours.

No other DPS spec in the game has ever felt that good since. Playing a difficult spec well was rewarded with unmatched damage throughput. Some fights weren’t suited to Feral, they didn’t handle adds well and any mistake from the player was punished severely but JFC that was a fun spec to play. If DF bleed centric Feral takes us even 1 step closer to that older style I’ll be very happy.

3 Likes

Does anyone actually use Furor the whole idea of that talent just feels wrong come out of form stay out for this long to get 4 seconds of no cost abilities. You have to stay out of your primary form for far to long for may 2 ability uses.

I almost would prefer Furor got changed to something like Rallying Cry a group or raid defensive cool down would be great in both 5 mans and raids.

1 Like

Hell no.

Furor and any playstyle that requires you shift out of your primary shape is garbo and needs removed.

2 Likes

Can we get starfall to last 30 seconds and bring back hurricane as an on-use spell for aoe situations?

Dot, dot, dot, starfall, hurricane funnel, then dot dot, hurricane funnel.

At least that woukd give us things to use that contribute to aoe significantly.

This is my biggest issue with both Furor and HotW. This style of play may be great in a raid setting where you have downtime while you are not off-tanking or perhaps in PvP, but it has very little use in a M+ setting without a massive risk with a minimal reward at best.

I go back to the Convoke shenanigans during S1. It was a neat idea and it did well in very specific cases, but if your group is doing what they’re supposed to in M+, there really should never be a moment where your tank must risk their lives to step out and heal someone in caster form other than when the healer dies.

If they want a capstone that enforces shapeshifting gameplay, fine; but 2/3 of our capstones should not be focused on that style of play, and in none of the cases do any of the capstones really benefit a spec while they’re in their spec-based form.

3 Likes

Agreed.

When your dpsing in raid, especially in meow when your micromanaging bleeds, you should NEVER be forced out of your shape. You should be able to do everything in meow form.

When you have to cast, your already paying your due, but being forced out of your shape your getting double taxed.

2 Likes

I don’t think the forced out-of-shape notion would be as much of an issue if we were able to retain our resources across the shapeshift and if what you were doing had some level of repeated benefit.

Furor was great for a DPS to pick up a mob back in the old days when the tank died, you could easily survive with Furor for 4 seconds while the tank was brez’d or give you a chance to defeat the mob before a group wipe. We’ve moved beyond this notion in 5-man content nowadays, it’s really like trying to capture nostalgia with this talent, but without a game design that supports it. Frankly, the only way I see this getting used is for Tank/Dps specs to off-heal free for 4 seconds or the Healer to do damage for free for 4 seconds.

Personally to me, HotW is just a much better-improved version of Furor. It has a much longer duration and you gain the benefit of increased damage, healing, and defensives while active. Sure it’s on a much longer cooldown and you’ll get less uses out of it, but both are inherently highly situational anyway. Given that mana costs are reduced by 50% with HotW, I’d struggle to see the benefit of Furor over HotW, outside of it being easier to get to than HotW, if you are Feral or Balance, or the fact it has the longer cd than Furor.

Nature’s Vigil is the only shapeshift friendly capstone and its easily accessible by Resto and Balance, requires substantial sacrifice for Guardian and Feral, and once again highlights the ongoing dilemma that Resto/Balance get favored while Guadian/Feral get mowed over in terms of abilities that actually play well with their role & spec.

We deserve something better here, we deserve something fun and meaningful. It doesn’t have to be overly powerful but at least give us something that plays into the idea that we can gain benefit while in our current form.

It can be handy at times, but not enough to need a capstone (or any?) talent for it. It’s near-useless in M+ unless you go out of your way to contrive a situation where you want to do it.

I used shapeshifting stuff in Torghast, but that’s about it.

While not exclusively damage abilities like some other healers i will say having convoke and swarm with a feral sided class tree is pretty nice as resto for dungeon and world content on ptr.

We now have 2 dots for aoe with access to thrash and sunfire, the normal feral affinity single target dots, and swarm buffing them all. Kitty convoke while on a longer cooldown can still give decent single target burst.

The abilities have the upside of still being useful when we’re focused on healing instead of just being something to take later when gear makes up the difference like some other healer’s damage talents.
I like this as someone who pugs keys because you never know what youll get, if the group turns out amazing i can just use the abilities to damage, if not swarms a good consistent heal buff and convoke is another emergency cooldown; gives flexibility without leaving the dungeon to change talents.

Makes me really wish our mastery got reworked to affect dots though since we have all the options now. It can be alot to manage dot uptime on top of healing so extra rewards would be nice.

I don’t think this is necessarily true. The only thing you consistently give up (for Feral anyway) is Thick Hide.
I agree that Furor is rather meaningless for most gameplay and could definitely stand to be replaced with something better.

3 Likes

I am just trying to justify the need for furor when we have heart. Id rather see furor change into a throughput feral and guardian talent.

1 Like

Furor and Hotw are situational talents that once every 20 days playing you may take a true advantage of it. They are boring, and most of us agree on that point.

We need something disruptive and new.

Better conections on baseline trees are also welcome.

5 Likes

Relaxed zen mode feral is where it’s at. All I wish is for them to give us back Swole cat.

1 Like

Feral Druid just received another update

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/en/wow/t/feedback-druids/1279517/445

Sooo using the Talent Tree Manager app I tried out the new proposed tree

(Note this is for PvP)
Feral is capable of getting:
Feral Frenzy
Blood Talons
1 min Convoke
Swarm
SotF
Lunar

All in one build, alternatively we can drop 1 min convoke and get Circle
 I’m liking this.

2 Likes

The past two passes at the feral tree have been great!

For those of us wanting to give a raid leader a reason for our spot:
Leader of the Pack: The effects of Mark of the Wild are doubled for your party members.

I feel like that would give us a reasonable spot in the raid’s melee group and M+ while not making us mandatory for the raid. (If doubled is too much round it out to a 5% crit/speed buff or something.)

Just a suggestion from an armchair dev. Honestly, the recent changes have been great and have made it super tempting to go Feral with or without any extra utility.

I mean, we would get put in whatever group benefits the most from Crit - which isn’t necessarily melee. That would feel real bad.

Yes we definitely need some kind of party utility, but I’m not at all convinced that Leader of the Pack in any form is it.

Why is there still radio silence for Guardian Druid? Who is the class developer that makes a pass or two for the other specs and doesn’t give bears any love?
Would be nice to see intended changes before prepatch so we can give feedback.

1 Like