New talent trees

No.

Why is it so hard to talent Hibernate in dungeons where Hibernate would be useful?

Why is it so hard to realise druid already has very limited utility and is currently a sub-specc, while other classes get to keep some of their utility while gaining more ontop of it?
Why is Druid the one to go on the chopping block, out of all classes?

So, yes. Do give me some baseline. Thanks.

1 Like

???
Are you thinking of anything specific here? Because Iā€™m not aware of any class who gets their CC utility baseline. They all have to talent into it.

So warrior has to talent into AoE taunt?
DK has to talent into Death Grip?

Aight aight.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I asked for examples. I wasnā€™t aware of any. Tone down the sass.

Again, something not being baseline doesnā€™t mean that itā€™s locked away in some secret vault forever. Hibernate will still be used in every situation where Hibernate is useful regardless of whether itā€™s on the talent tree or not. Itā€™s not like Druid has no utility baseline given that weā€™re getting MotW back and Rebirth is baseline as well. Thatā€™s going to be a pretty dang good reason to bring a Druid over any other class in M+.

Druid still brings quite a bit of utility through its talent tree. Making that utility baseline doesnā€™t actually make Druid any more or less desirable. People arenā€™t basing their decisions based on what utility is baseline, theyā€™re basing it off of what utility is available to the class at all regardless of how that access is achieved.

I do not feel like I am being sassy, sorry.
Just tired of the empty (imo) arguments and I disagree with you - so lets agree to disagree.
You are fine / happy with them chopping it up ā€“ Iā€™m not. Thatā€™s all there is to it.

2 Likes

Dragonflight Talent Calculator - 10.0.2 Beta (wowhead.com)

Dont mind the left sideā€¦I havent considered it too much yet.

1 Like

I think you have a point that because Druid has 4 specs, it makes sense for more of our abilities to be baseline than other classes - in order to make room on the talent tree for cool things.

We just disagree on which things should be baseline.

2 Likes

thanks! thatā€™s really similar to what i had went with. i think itā€™s pretty fun so far.

Or as I have said in other threads, change the number of class talent points so that you get at least 10 per specialization and 1 extra. This means all 3-spec classes get 31, as they do now. This would reduce DH down to 21, which seems reasonable given they only have 2 specs and would push Druid up to 41, giving plenty of room for utility & capstones.

This would allow some adjustments to the class tree with more nodes and potentially cooler options we can pick from at the same time while addressing the point allocation problem for specs that feel they need more in broader trees than others.

Theyd have to rework dh and evoker and just trees entirely because of the minimum spend requirments to continue a column. The minimum 8 and 20 point spent dont work when 2 classes only have 21 points.

Just giving druid more baseline points would be easier and not require a whole system rework. Shaman is a hybrid with 3 specs, each spec gets 2 things auto bought when they choose as oppose to dh which gets 1. Druids should just get 3 or 4 auto bought per spec i stead of 2.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a fair assessment and I think reasonable given the time table.

I like this idea too - easier to implement and solves the same problem.

Base line tree needs so much love.

1)Poor pathing and connections
2)Too much base line skills for all specs
3) 3 points talents shall be gone
4)Cap stones mostly are boring and the only reason we choose one is because all choices are bad, and we have no where to.
5)Natureā€™s vigil is the only ā€œnewā€ stuff we get in the xp. All other specs getting exciting stuffs.
6)CC options for druid are way behind others specs
7)Heart of the wild is been around for too long. Be gone with itā€¦no one like thats and is also so underpowered for any spec.

11 Likes

Unpopular opinion:

No, it shouldnā€™t - at least not as it is currently live.

Iā€™m not against trees being more widely available, or giving utility to Feral to increase representation, but this would mean that Guardian has access to trees.

At face value that isnā€™t a problem because Prot Pally has bubble, right? Except that Divine Shield is on a 5 min CD. Guardian Druid shouldnā€™t have access to a 10 second immune on a 1 min CD.

If they put Force of Nature in the class tree, it would have to be severely nerfed to be balanced with other tank defensives. Best case is maybe adding it as a choice in the Resto and Feral trees.

The base talent tree for druid is bad - we end up losing much of the utility which made us strong, especially in PVP. Canā€™t have wild charge and dash, canā€™t get incap and stun, wast many points to get maim. Have to spend many points on trash filler. Please leave us with our core mobility and utility kit, and give us options between new and interesting talents.

4 Likes

just played around with the new talent trees, and i am beyond excited. They clearly listened about yseraā€™s gift issues, and adding more flavor to our tree on the restoration side.

I think it was a great idea to make cultivation more attainable for a more m+ style of healing. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

oh and one more thing - i love that convoke & adaptive swarm can work togetherā€¦dreams really do come true in the tree of life
:nerd_face:

My main complaints are more on the druid side of the tree tbh. It feels like the natureā€™s vigil route is forced for most Resto scenarios, but idk, could just be my preference

1 Like

Although I am a big fan of the updated Resto tree, Iā€™m not a big fan of the pathing options to get to Invigorate/Power of the Archdruid, at least for dungeon content. Would be nice to have one of the options be a choice node with something new, or maybe a buff to Improved Innervate to still provide an extra bonus when used on oneself (lasts longer, cooldown reduced, etc.) since the talent is quite low value when youā€™re the only healer in the group. Or simply increase the passive mana regen?

Also, I would love to see Improved Adaptive Swarm reduced to 1 point. For all specs. It is one of my favorite skills for Druid but a 3-point investment is hard to justify. That or increase the value of each point so it feels worth it to invest into just 1 point of Improved. The conduit effect could also be included into it to increase itā€™s value (5-7% per point).

Regardless, I have had a lot of fun testing stuff out on the PTR. The super lifeblooms and extra long rejuvs feel really nice. And bless you Blizz for reducing Yseraā€™s Gift to 1 point. I canā€™t wait to try stuff out at level 70. Not gonna lie, Iā€™m a bit sad that the mastery is being changed because it is my favorite one across all specs/classes (Survival Hunter is begging for theirs to be reworked), but Iā€™m curious what it will become and how youā€™ll change stuff like Nourish and Improved Lifebloom to accommodate the new vision.

1 Like

I might be a little late, but I just wanted to add my opinion in regards of the recent Resto Tree changes:

I love it!

I thought the initial tree was okay-ish, at least compared to some other trees, so I wasnā€™t expecting much change; this really took me by surprise. Iā€™ve been playing around with the new tree over the last few days and honestly the only issue I have with it is that thereā€™s too much to choose from (just so weā€™re clear, itā€™s really not an issue). Most talents feel really impactful & fun, I donā€™t feel like any point gets wasted. I feel like a kid in a candy store looking at all the options!

My faith in Druid getting some high quality talents before release has been restored, and if the same dev who took over the Resto tree takes care of making some changes to the Shared & Guardian trees, I have no doubt that they will turn out amazing!

Seriously if anyone knows the dev who took over Resto Druid, please thank them for me! <3

On a sidenote:
I donā€™t play much Feral, but I found the changes really nice!

Still unsure how I feel about the Balance changes so far, but Iā€™m hopeful.

Suggestion for the starfall issue:

No one likes the ground targetting of spells. They are clunky, stagnant and frankly just an outdated way of using spells.

Why donā€™t just return starfall to being on the druid, but add a stacking feature to it. So everytime you hit starfall it adds a stack. That way multiple starfalls can be used without having to ground target it.

Another suggestion is just have starfall do exactly what i said above but instead have it on a target. Make these two things talents and have them on a choice node in the balance tree.

Base: ground targeted
One choice: on druid
Two choice: on target

Really its a pretty simple fix for a complex issue.