New talent trees

I made a feral build where you go full bleed and bite…and the only cooldown is tigers fury. (with the talents to make its 15sec duration, 27% dmg, and reset on every kill with a bleed on).

Back to basic feels good.

Hoping they can lower the value of mastery and put dmg into base abilities, so gearing wont be so awkward as it is now.

3 Likes

Someone made a very good suggestion about HotW and instead of making it active just make it a passive that is always on, I have a hard time seeing ppl taking a capstone that has a 5min CD that gives you 45 seconds of use out of it.

2 Likes

I feel one thing that would seriously benefit the Feral tree is adding some path that goes down the center of the tree. Pretty much all other dps talent trees seem to have this (not sure how much more flexible or “better” their trees are, just going off of the overall appearance of them).
As it is now, every build seems to force you to really focus on one side of the tree (and as a result, focus on AoE or ST) and then grab stuff in the middle or the opposite side of applicable, but each sides of the tree are bottlenecked by talents that you wouldn’t want in some common situations. If you want to get talents on the right side, you have to take an AoE finisher. Rake talents are on the right side. Taste for Blood is on the right side.
Maybe shifting positions of talents and adding more connections in the middle can allow a better flow down the tree and not feel as “forced” to spec into only AoE or ST.
Compared to BM for example, there’s a very obvious path to get the core abilities of your kit (Barbed Shot abilities, Kill Command major CDs, Rylakstalkers) and then have enough left over points at each tier to really focus your build and change your play style. You can entirely opt out of all AoE if wanted, there’s some Dire Beast build thing going on, etc …. Feral doesn’t really seem to have this.

2 Likes

In Mop treants ability was a stack of 3. Everytime you pressed it they summoned next to you as a guardian and they instantly rooted your target. Is was so dam useful

1 Like

Treants should be in the class tree instead of Balance.

5 Likes

This ^^

Druid class tree must be reworked. Is currently the only tree with 3 point nodes (and it has a lot); it literally only have 1 new talent (nature’s vigil) when most of the class are getting new cool stuff or talents from others exp; and it have very few node connections making it the path very restrictive.

O sounds fun indeed!

Updated talent tree - for Resto druid that i know of - is up on wowhead, and omg it seems exciting. In pvp at least, there will be tons of percent increases to heals, and having both convoke + swarm is inannnnneeeeee. I do wish Improved Wild Growth and Unstoppable Growth were merged as 1.

Been messing around a lot on the PTR with most of my time being spent on Feral. Gonna pretend Blizz reads this subforum and post a bit since I don’t have beta access. I think the tree is a really great foundation and I enjoyed playing around with builds, but it still feels like a first draft that lacks sufficient/satisfactory pathing/polishing. I think the tree could use some reshuffling too. I’d give the tree a B or a B+ (with A+ being the highest) and it’s good enough for me to deeply consider maining Feral as my dps spec in DF.

[Protective Growth]: Feels really bad without [Predatory Swiftness] and in general the talent feels a bit “meh.” Perhaps consider merging them together? Alternatively, I believe Regrowth rank 2 is missing for non-Resto Druids considering it is now a Resto talent. It could be combined with Protective Growth or placed into the general tree.

[Berserk]: Does not gain the benefit of “Rake and Shred deal damage as though you were stealthed” effect without [Pouncing Strikes] talented. [Pouncing Strikes] should be the parent talent to Berserk if Berserk’s design is to remain.

[Double-Clawed Rake] seems to have a…proximity-based prioritization and not a smart prioritization baded on which targets in range don’t have Rake up, I think. I had lots of overlapping Rakes occur when testing. Great talent otherwise.

[Sudden Ambush]: I think it’d be really nice if this was able to stack up to 2. In particular it would be helpful for Rake spreading in AoE with [Double-Clawed Rake].

[Sudden Ambush]: This talent doesn’t have any relevance during [Berserk] as far as I understand. While it isn’t necessarily a problem, it just makes the point investment feel a bit bad IMO. Talents that have overlapping design functionality feel awkward.

[Lunar Inspiration]: Being gated behind [Sudden Ambush] doesn’t make sense and feels bad. There is no synergy between the two talents. Consider connecting it to [Tireless Energy] as an alternative path.

[Twin Moons]: Would be a really amazing talent to have in either the Druid or Feral tree IMO.

[Infected Wounds]: This talent should be connected to [Double-Clawed Rake]. There is an actual path available without having to move anything.

With [Pouncing Strikes], [Berserk], [Sudden Ambush], and [Eye of Fearful Symmetry] together, it feels hard to not overcap on combo points with certain builds, especially if trying to proc [Bloodtalons]. Not even sure I like this idea, but perhaps a talent to increase max combo points to 6 would help, like Rogues and Monks have. Perhaps also making [Eye of Fearful Symmetry] a choice node with something else, or moving it entirely. On a more general note, I feel that around where both Eye and Curio are is where the sheer amount of energy management-related talents feels excessive. Especially considering that 2 of them gate our capstone and pre-capstone talents. I was nonstop drowning in energy on my AoE builds.

[Rip and Tear]: Tear damage seems incredibly undertuned, especially for being so deep in the tree. Just a tuning issue, but I wanted to mention it anyway.

[Improved Adaptive Swarm]: This being 2 points stands out as too costly for the return. I don’t PvP at all, but I understand that the bounce can be a liability. As a quick idea, perhaps it could be condensed into 1 point and additionally convert both Moonfire and Adaptive Swarm to bleeds or sinply scale with mastery. We see this in other specs like Subtlety Rogue converting nature and bleed damage to shadow.

I just have to add in that I saw someone’s idea of Ferals getting a “Fly with Me” but for enemies, and I think that is such a cool and fun suggestion.

1 Like

I think they’d have to reduce its benefits if it was made passive, but I agree that a 5 min cooldowns feels awful and we can’t always get great value out of it.

1 Like

I hope they re-think druid talent trees.
Too much of our core-abilities are gutted and scattered in this, making me personally feel like my limbs were chopped off and I am asked to pick 2 out of 4.

Soothe, hibernate, skull bash, cyclone, mass entaglement, typhoon, vortex:
it’s TOO MANY ccs/utility placed in the tree, imo.
Keep Soothe and Hibernate as a core, auto-learn thing, the rest can be in tree; sure.

3 Likes

This, yes. Absolutely.

Soothe and Hibernate are perfect examples of abilities that should be a talent (something that has only very niche applications). The only problem right now in the case of Soothe is the placement is absolutely terrible. Hibernate’s is perfectly fine.

4 Likes

Agree to disagree; I feel like those two are very near druid core and should be default. ^^

2 Likes

I don’t think we need to make certain talents default for this reason. Remember that just because a talent isn’t always taken, doesn’t mean it won’t see regular play. Hibernate and Soothe will see the same amount of play that they do right now even as optional talents. The reason for that is because the only situations where they won’t be talented are in situations where the player knows they wouldn’t use them anyway.

You don’t need to create a single set-and-forget build and never touch it ever again. If an ability is only useful some of the time then there’s no reason to make it permanently take up a spot on your bar. In general I think that things should be on the talent tree by default and we should only make them baseline in exceptional cases. For instance the Blizzard example of abilities that only one person in the party needs to cast (Arcane Intellect, Mark of the Wild, etc.) would have you getting into debates about who should be forced to talent it if it were on the tree, so it’s a good candidate for making baseline. Situational CC abilities do not warrant an exception in my eyes regardless of how iconic they my be.

can you link your talents?

I wholeheartedly agree.
Guardian is one of a few specs that I don’t think can even get back to it’s current form with DF talents at level 60. I’ve been playing with pathing and it seems like no matter what I do, I cannot get the abilities that I currently have on live. Aiming for Ursoc’s and Convoke at the same time and there are too many bloat abilities soaking up points along the path.
Feral could use some work, but bears need looked at again for sure. More reason for me to continue with my play to main monk next xpac. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Will we be able to respecc mid dungeon? Would be nice if so. :slight_smile:

Otherwise I would love to have SOME utility and CC as baseline.

Not once you’re inside of a dungeon no. You can respec between boss fights in raid but dungeons are intended to be a single encounter so your talents are locked in once it starts.

Soooo, then let me have the baselines. Thanks ^^ <3