New talent trees

As the first tree to come out they were trying to limit thorough-put in the class section which is likely why convoke and swarm arent both just the middle capstones on the class tree, they wanted it to be a few core abilities and then utility choices.

Hopefully we get updated to the newer design where the class tree can be a mix of both and our 3 pointers become 2 pointers so we can spread out more.

bingo (must be 10 characters)

1 Like

If convoke/swarm don’t make their way into the class tree then I’ll be as confused as anyone.

Circle of life and death likely needs to be there too considering it’s in most of the spec trees too and awkwardly as a two point talent.

1 Like

Convoke and swarm definitely belong in the class tree where hopefully I can forget about them in favor of something I(feral) personally would enjoy.

Convoke: “You’re weak, throw more druids at your target and see if that solves the problem”
I’d much prefer a second charge of tiger’s fury, that’d be awesome.
Swarm: “You’re snapshotted bleeds with TF and BT are still bad, they become less bad temporarily”
The amount of augmentations to our bleeds which still wind up crap is just ridiculous. Make them better, and then add some fun interaction between Bite/shred/swipe and bleeds.

3 Likes

They seemed to abandon that line of thinking pretty quickly. I believe that abom limb was part of the DK tree. It would just be nice to add something like that to the class tree and free up some points to actually use our capstones.

Supposedly our updates are around the corner, so here’s to hoping!

1 Like

Abom limb seemed like a utility pick to me in the new tree.

Even now when its not the highest damage covenanat ability dks still run it for the grip utility for fights like jailer so i always figured the new talent version would be similar, a way to get more grips with some damage and resource gen as a bonus; especially if it is competing with things that are just damage like empower rune weapon.

But i do still think convoke and maybe even the whole choice node with incarn should be moved to the class tree. Either where heart is to move that further up (its a pretty underwhelming capstone) or where the stat place holder is under soothe so theres room for its empowerment nodes beneath.

Swarm either by resto or feral tree areas since they tend to get the most from the hots/dots bonuses.

And kindred affinity as a pvp talent pls blizzard.

1 Like

I vote for a claws of shrivallah feral capstone.

5 Likes

Think shivallah would be better as a barber shop glyph for the appearence with the utility as an actual talent.
That way people who dont like the look can still get the talent and people who like the look arent always locked into a talent for it.

As for the utility bit, having it replace lunar inspiration and allow the cast of damaging spells in catform on top of the vers and healing spells could be really cool.

I dont play a ton of feral but i think it at least makes the spells you have to pick up to get astral influence not completely useless since you could stay in catform for them. Wether its just bonus damage or they give it combo point generation like lunar inspiration is a balancing thing but feral having some use for mana could be neat.

That would be my guess too. It looks like they’ve completely separated the animal forms from distinct abilities… I think that’s one of the reasons we don’t get the jungle armor during Incarnation anymore.

Kultiran don’t even get the armor for moonkin incarn.

Quite honestly… I’d love a new resto tree form. Wasted opportunity to add one to the mage tower. :frowning:

Been playing since original Vanilla. Feral main for most of that. Note: “Feral” in this case ALSO includes being what we now know as Guardian.

Feral feedback for Shadowlands and early impressions of Dragonflight, not a member of alpha:

Convoke made feral work. It may be a fun “I win” button, but it is so strong that it makes everything else about the spec lackluster.

Now, on Live/Retail, imagine trying to play a feral druid while not being a Night Fae utilizing Convoke? Does it work? Yes. Will you win in PvP? Likely not. Will you win in PvE? It will be considerably harder.

The fact that Convoke makes or breaks the spec means it currently is horribly balanced. This is a problem inherent with the Covenant system and not necessarily a feral issue, however, we all know that feral has issues.

Why am I bringing up Live/Retail when discussing Dragonflight?

Because the current Draginflight talent tree takes the current Live/Retail tree and does absolutely nothing with it. It waters down everything so that to make the spec equal to what it is now (note: unbalanced, but not necessarily under preforming, numbers-wise), we have just enough points to copy-paste a Shadowlands Feral into a Dragonflight Feral.

IMO, if Convoke is meant to be what the feral relies upon, let’s just go all-in and make Convoke baked into the spec and build the spec around it.

OK, OK, maybe not. But… maybe so? If blizzard wants to make some design changes to feral on the whole, maybe this is a possibility? I dislike convoke personally. In fact, I prefer melee to ranged as I dislike cast bars to begin with. Honestly just trying to spitball ideas.

Dragonflight talent feedback:

-Too many 3 point nodes

-If a Shadowlands legendary is to be added to the tree, make it one point. If the legendary is too powerful to be one point, then water it down a bit to make it worth one point. Do not make one legendary 2 points yet another legendary is one point.

-There needs to be something “new”. Or at the very least, something that is old made new again. Specifically, looking at older spells or iterations of feral that had effects no longer in the current game.
—Example: Claws of Shivrallah.
—Example: The PvP talent from Legion 7.0 that got gutted where Shred damage healed allies.
—Example: The talent in early Legion that made rake a mini charge
—Example: Leader of the Pack healing
—Example: Instant Cyclone
—Example: Faerie Fire (Feral)
—Example: Stampede talent from Cata; haste after using feral charge and/or changing mechanics of Ravage after using feral charge
—Example: Fury Swipes talent from Cata (kind of like a mini windfury for ferals)
—Example: Ferocious Bite Glyph that healed you based on energy used for the bite

-Druid, but not necessarily feral:
—Nature’s Grasp
—Insect Swarm
—Bear form Enrage
—Displacer Beast
—Bear Hug

-In addition, there are tons of previous set bonuses that can be looked at as well as other spells and abilities that I don’t recall, or don’t feel like researching.

TL:DR with all that is available from the past that can be considered, the current feral tree for dragonflight is a copy-paste of the current underwhelming shadowlands feral experience that needs major adjustments to be viable, competitive, but most importantly, FUN for ferals. And my vote, if it counts, is to bring back Claws of Shivrallah.

2 Likes

Another day, another lack of response or feedback. Guess Ion was just talking garbage again.

3 Likes

This…but add on top of that for boomkin/bears that incarnation is so strong that the whole spec is lackluster outside incanrnation.

3 specs on 1 class are all about that 1 big cd (convoke for feral, incarn for boomkin, incarn for bears). It makes the gameplay lackluster outside that big cd.

Convoke should go, and if not, should be at least be in a position where it has strong, across the board/path competition throughput wise…which it won’t so it should just go.

Maybe fine for the Balance and Resto trees, I cannot attest to either of those specs, but for Feral the only part I enjoyed was it proccing tiger’s fury so I could get in more tf+bt bites or a refreshed rip.

Throw it in the bin.

3 Likes

I think without conduits and soulbind traits convoke will be very meh. Of course tuning could change this entirely, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up just being ok.

I would love to see DPS druid incarn cooldowns moved away from this 3 min insanity as well. Especially since they’re not great cooldowns on their own anyways.

1 Like

Seeing convoke on all druid trees has me super worried about spec uniqueness. I really don’t want to be the press-convoke-and-win class.

1 Like

I mean, if that’s the case, put it in the class tree, not each spec tree.

With the current form of the talent trees I’m considering not even taking berserk at all from a pvp perspective. I feel like there are talent points better put elsewhere. A 2 min CD on it would make it go much farther though.

Also, agreed on convoke. Without the leggo that makes it 1min cd with shorter cast time I don’t forsee this being viable at all(in PvP) - at least not compared to the other options we have for placing talents currently.

1 Like

The build-a-berserk thing just needs to go regardless.

And I agree that not having one min convoke will also feel bad.

1 Like