New talent trees mean removal of our baseline abilities?

A assure you, I play one of the good specs of paladin, much in the same way arcanes should do.

No, my baseline kit is in my spellbook right now without having to chose anything. It’s just there, automatically. And I don’t see the point in putting these skills into the talent tree.

I don’t know, I’m getting really tired right now because obviously people just don’t get what I’m criticizing although I’ve repeated it several times.
Right now I’m just gaining abilities while leveling. Sure. They’re there and done.
I was hoping that with a new talent system I would still get all these abilities automatically while leveling and then I can get ADDITIONAL spells that are NOT baseline right now via talent trees and enhance and alter those BASELINE spells that DON’T need any skill points.
Do you get it now?

1 Like

It’s not a difference of an opinion. It’s presenting the current situation in a silly way to make a bad faith argument. You gain abilities as you level in both the current and proposed leveling paths. Pretending that this is new or effectively any different is bad faith.

3 Likes

Not trying to be rude but your post is full of things like “I worry about” and “I fear”

Well, that’s because you don’t know for sure. Why are you worried about something they haven’t even revealed yet? There are enough issues with the game than to worry about things that might not even be reality.

1 Like

That’s literally what the borrowed power systems did, all while taking them away from us again at the end of the expansion. At least with the new talent system we have an actual line of character progression we’ll get to keep at the end of the expansion.

6 Likes

Because statements were made by them that already clearly explain how they think the system will work out. So there’s nothing wrong with already having an opinion about that.

1 Like

Oh boy, I can’t wait to put points into Raptor Strike and mongoose bite as a bm hunter.

You kid, but there may be situations where that could be the play. Pvp anyone? Forced stacks? The rest of your skills are on cd and you happen to be in melee?

1 Like

Arcanes are last ones to complain about their spec hence there are not many that play it,but it was great teasing you anyway.

1 Like

Afinity’s should be gone in the first place never did like it when they introduced them.

2 Likes

The 4 arcane die hard I’ve played with in the last year say otherwise. :wink:

I’ll reserve full judgement until I actually use it. Hopefully in testing before it goes live.

1 Like

We die hard sure ,but we do it dramatically.

Have…have you seen the original talent trees? Priests had to talent into Shadowform and Vampiric Touch for Christ’s sake. What are you even arguing about.

Of course things are going to be different with an overhaul of the talent system.

4 Likes

First of all, I’d like to see it before I actually evaluate it.

Secondly, I like the option of having some choices and customization. I’m sure there will always be “preferred” builds but there is an option for some variations.

And honestly, after playing Classic for 1 year, the idea of having multiple saved builds and being able to switch without cost is just amazing. I’m very excited to try it out.

4 Likes

The difference of opinion seems to be between people that are being blindly optimistic about the situation and others that are cautiously waiting to see how things play out, i’d be willing to bet rather heavily that there will be instances where people are going to end up worse off, it may end up being in a very minor way that won’t matter to most people but there will be people that end up losing things lol

Blizzard never serves up filet mignon or an amazing dessert on their own, there’s always going to be some brussels sprouts in there somewhere :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t know. What are YOU arguing about? We’re not talking about the old old talent trees. That was a long time ago. They had those skills as baseline for quite a while now, that’s the current status. I’m not gonna argue about how hard the players had it in old Classic WoW, that’s not really relevant right now.

Also they made it clear you can change talents at will. You can have preset talent trees and named talent trees such as PVP, RAID, Or even talent trees set for specific raids. Like our Transmog saves are labeled.

So if you need that interrupt for specific fights, you can spec before you go in the dungeon/raid/battleground. Then if you don’t want it for PVE you can change to a spec that doesn’t have points in it.

It sounds highly flexible! However, until I actually play it (gotta touch and feel, ya know), I can’t say how it will work out. Looking forward to testing it out though and seeing how it works for experienced testers who are open minded and give good feedback. (not the ones who play it once and start screaming).

I enjoy reading the beta testers feedback forum before judging things.

5 Likes

Those skills were made baseline because they changed how talents worked. If they’re changing them back…well…I’ll let you figure out the rest.

4 Likes

so you may think. i dont know when you started playing or if you did play back then and remember the old talent trees. but people hated them.

you may think “ah yesss, customization” but in reality there will only be 1 clear path for single target and 1 clear path for aoe for dps classes that is.

i truly am hoping that they will get this right but i mean c’mon, unless each talented ability has generic baseline damage to each other then there will only be 1 clear choice for this 2.0 cookie cutters.