New Sylvanas novel preview

He probably died failing to protect Lirath from the Orc invasion.

I wonder if he’s named after Nathanos’ VA.

2 Likes

She will either die with Lirath or will die with Lireesa fighting the Amani.

I wonder what Akiyass would think of this. It seems her sub ran out. I miss her, despire our disagreements.

Truthfully? Who cares. They were always toxic as hell when they responded

3 Likes

Her response would likely be filled with explitives

1 Like

Forum Grandblade and Twitter Grandblade are two different people.

She’d probably say that the excerpt isn’t feminist enough.

2 Likes

How dare they try to humanize a female villian who isn’t Night Elf and part of a matriarchal society shakes fist in air

“This is gross”

Is that a good enough impression?

6 Likes

And than proceed to thrash actual feminist, as they were often prone to doing

3 Likes

Why is a woman giving birth?!

3 Likes

She should be giving birth mid battle! How dare she be so weak?

Only real women birth mid battlefield while slicing the heads off men /s

3 Likes

It’s an Airyan Elf, she has to!

2 Likes

What’s that?

Say it out loud.

My interest in this book just spiked quite a bit if it means we get more hints about the history of other prominent Blood and High Elves outside the Windrunner family. I had figured that if we got anything like that we might get something about Lor’themar, since he was Sylvanas’ right hand man, but I hadn’t guessed at all that Halduron might be mentioned.

Yes, please!

I much prefer that Sylvanas be more inclined to care about Anduin and what he says because he unknowingly reminds her of her dead little brother than because he’s just such a paragon of goodness that she listens to him above anyone else. That feels much more understandable to me, and it also means Anduin doesn’t have to be framed as perfect and flawless.

5 Likes

WW 2 + Germany = Thats all

2 Likes

That’s what I figured. You’re calling ber racist? I never saw that side of her.

She’s posted some….borderline questionable stuff before.

She’s part of Asatru, which is a legitimate white supremacist religion.

It’s because he got slighted for a position as Ranger Lord. It’s why Lorthemar promoted him to RG now. The position of RG is not really earned by merit it’s a job passed down through the Windrunner family. Halduron is later slighted in a promotion to Ranger Lord, to give Nathanos a promotion. That’s why he’s important in this story. He is deeply connected to Sylvanas’s story when she was alive. He is he first real critic. She slighted him.

All of this is implied in the Lorthemar short story In the Shadow of the Sun. It’s not new information but it is new to people now looking at Sylvanas’ story.

Tl:DR Halduron is the first person Sylvanas pissed off because despite his long service and loyatly to her family, she promoted her human boyfriend over him.

1 Like