New Sylvanas novel preview

2 Likes

What would of been interesting and sick of me to think is Bolvar raised lirath as a dk

“Mufasa” lol.

11 Likes

Does that make Gul’dan Scar?

…that sort of fits.

9 Likes

Don’t, that’s still a triggering subject. :rofl::sob:

3 Likes

Would certainly add another dimension to his relationship with this family. He’s historically spent most of his screentime opposite Vereesa and they jointly headed up the search for Alleria back in Legion. Will be interesting to see how he’s introduced in this novel, and if his eventual ranger-generalship is relevant enough to Sylvanas’ story for her to comment on.

5 Likes

Damn maybe they should have had the explanation for why she gave a crap about Anduin in the actual game huh? Just a thought.

14 Likes

The RPG books covered this. The first Windrunner was the second in command of Dath’remar Sunstrider’s regime that brought the High Elves to Quel’thalas.

The families are not related but in aristocracy terms the Windrunners are the next in line to take the throne if the Sunstrider Dynasy falls. That’s likely why Kael’thas wanted to marry Sylvanas and produce a Sunstrider-Windrunner dynatsy, to cement the Sunstrider throne.

As the oldest Windrunner, and Quel’thalas with no Sunstrider hier, Alleria is entitled to the throne of Quel’thalas.

4 Likes

I soo want this book!!!

Mainly so I can sit back, enjoy reading it, than grab popcorn and get into lore talks about it.

(Still feel crappy about pretending to hate sylvanas two yrs ago.)

Hm. Interesting. I like it.

I have always wanted to learn about Lirath. It looks like he will be expanded on in the novel. So that is great. We don’t have very much lore about the Males of that family.

As far as the Anduin connection - that’s fine. I can dig it. It makes sense, in many ways. It explains a lot. I much prefer this “sisterly care” to any sort of romance between them. As a matter of fact, thankfully this might shut the door on that idea. Sink that ship, as it were.

Sure, it is troubling that the Horde seems to be tied to Anduin, but in this case, it makes sense enough. And it seems to come from her mind - as opposed to some power Anduin has, or something he did. It seems to be his naturally given looks and generally sensitive disposition that reminds her of Lirath.

It is better than Baine slicing off pieces of his anatomy and delivering them to Anduin.

At least it explains why she was a total raging witchbay - or, witchbae - to almost everyone at every second, but showed a modicum of care towards Anduin… on occasion.

9 Likes

Looks at book “Mom! Dad! It’s evil! Don’t touch it!” Everyone who touches the book blows up from how bad it mangles everything that came before in a desperate attempt to make Sylvanas’ wild story swings make sense

…yea, I’d LIKE to be pleasantly surprised, but I’m not holding out hope for anything related to Sylvanas at this point.

The fact that Anduin reminds Sylvanas of her dead little brother bothers me less than the fact that ANDUIN reminds Sylvanas of her dead little brother, if that makes sense.

11 Likes

She wanted to build a legacy for herself… with Nathanos :sob::sob:

How am I supposed to function at work today?!

4 Likes

Ugh could she not do any better

She did that with the Forsaken

1 Like

Actually she could, she had multipule proposals as it was said in Dark Mirror. Her choosing him says a lot about her character. She was never superficial. She really loved/loves him.

2 Likes

Love does stupid things to people. Especially love as powerful as it was between sylvanas and Nathanos. Tends to blind people to better alternatives, if such a thing existed for her that is. :wolf:

1 Like

That’s why they both need to return to the Forsaken.

2 Likes

She used them as expendable meat shields, was an authoritarian dictator who refused to see them reunited with family and gassed their capitol city herself leading to them squatting in Orgrimmar.

Yup. She should fotally come back and lead the Forsaken.

10 Likes

Arthas didn’t kill Lirath, orcs did. That’s why Alleria has so much hatred for the Horde.

16 Likes

Want to bet that Golden is gonna retcon that like she retcon’d the Sylvanas wound location and various other things?

4 Likes