New Sylvanas novel preview

Sylvanas is her father’s daughter and I just can’t process this all right now :sob:

3 Likes

Golden novels, golden short stories, BFA intro questline, shadows rising by roux, and more

1 Like

I now wonder if Anduin will be involved in Tyrande’s judgement…

1 Like

I dont have any personal rejection to the comparison point, what little they have given about Lirath over the years made him seem the sort of shiny, friendly pacifist Anduin is traditionally depicted as.

It also makes her reluctance and guilt over what she did to him (even before she got her soul put back together) in Shadowlands make more sense to me. She spent an inordinate amount of time trying to talk him into supporting her messed up ideology because at some level she wanted vindication by her brother. If it had been anyone else I dont think it would of bothered her near as much to zombify them into a finger puppet.

The support of her remaining family has always been a bit of a weak spot for her. We saw that back in the three sister’s comic, too.

19 Likes

27 days!!! Can’t wait to get mine and read it. Liked I already mentioned, it was touching how much she really loved her little brother.

Though telling by just this short passage reveal, going to some….interesting conversation once the books out

The book comes out before we see Sylvanas’ judgement in-game.

Cuz the book ends at 9.1

1 Like

Depends

If they use the memory of Lirath to lead to her reflecting, it’s Good

If they pull a Saurfang/Baine and undermine Sylvanas’s agency for the sake of Lirath PTSD?

Bad

6 Likes

Is the preview just Sylvanas reminiscing about her brother? I’m afraid to read it.

1 Like

Yes essentially

2 Likes

It recounts his birth.

1 Like

Interesting that they’re tying Halduron Brightwing to the Windrunner family like this. I always imagined him as a childhood friend to the Windrunner girls, but he comes off more like a family retainer or older ward here. There’s some poetry to that given he’d eventually inherit the rank the family’s scion traditionally held.

6 Likes

Maybe branch family?

WTB elaborate genealogy charts for WoW

Headcanon the Windrunners are a cadet branch of the Sunstriders given the Void whispers tell Alleria she’s the rightful heir of Silvermoon

8 Likes

I’d be bothered about Anduin reminding Sylvanas of her younger brother if the chemistry they have in Shadowlands wasn’t there. It’d be random then. But this is an explanation for that. Not that I think they should have chemistry. Though it’d be odd to just start ignoring it.

7 Likes

Omg remember I told you that there us a lot of foreshadowing on Sylvanas being a failed mother? This just adds to that speculation.

When Alleria rejected being the next RG she rejected her responsibility to create an hier to carry on the family occupation. This responsibility fell on Sylvanas’ shoulders. Something she never wanted.

2 Likes

And it appears you were correct on that hun. Sylvanas assumed Alleria would take the RG title and continue the Windrunner line.

1 Like

With how low the population of High elves was at its peak, and how incredibly insular and classist Quel’thalas historically is… I can only imagine their family trees look more like a tumbleweed than a real tree.

… Sort of like European royalty.

8 Likes

I love it when you call me BIG PAPA!

1 Like

Seems like the Windrunner sisters got “the Talk” pretty early.

Puts her relationship with Nathanos in another light.

7 Likes

I can’t believe this is really happening…I’m shook, all my headcanons are becoming actual canon… i’m so excited!

I wish Grandblade was here and I wish I could see the reaction on his stupid face.

1 Like