New Shaman Talent Changes

I’m down with that. The reason I replied to you is because there’s a large amount of people who want it to actually affect how we play the game and don’t think about potential consequences.

Just making it T-mog isn’t a real solution. For one, the only precedent for T-mog a 2h over something that is not, is a paladin artifact that still only covers one weapon. The animations would look ridiculous. Second, it doesn’t address how we would unlock said appearances if 2h weapons aren’t on our loot tables.

You can talk about Frost DK all you want, it will never convince people who want 2h enhance that they are wrong for wanting it. Enhance isn’t Frost and Blizzard has created precedent for bringing 2h back to specs that had them prior. There is no reason enhancement needs to be left out of it. Just because it would take some work to do, doesn’t mean it isn’t worth doing. For a lot of people here, it would be worth it. Just because you don’t value it, doesn’t mean you get to wag your finger at people who do.

And I’m gonna tell you that the negative effect it has on you that you can’t have a two-hand build does not even compare to the negative effect it would have on others.

They are making it so you can acquire appearance regardless of the class in the TWW via Warbands. I could go loot plate shoulder in some old raid on my priest and my DK would be able to transmong.

That is literally way the hell easier to solve than trying to implement a new weapon and balancing it.

How exactly would I unlock the new LFR 2h mace/axe for the newest raid if I’m only playing on the Shaman? Needing an alt to unlock content for another character is not an answer.

I’m forever going to advocate for 2h enhance, but I’m not expecting it to happen and it’s not gonna bother me if it doesn’t. I’m just gonna be real excited for the spec if it does one day. This game has always favored dw playstyles, one day I hope Blizzard can overcome this issue but again, I’m not expecting it.

wait what

If a spec can dual wield, then it should dual wield. Even if it has other options available.

1 Like

I’m curious do you know why it’s a bad decision to implement this for PVP? I’m going to tell you that it was dumb af reason to nerf Elemental, but I want to know if you can infer why nerfing elemental blast for pvp is a bad decision.

Do you know how wolves and the set bonus work in pvp?

But how often has that choice happened

It’s been tried a few times all the way back to the beginning of the game. It has always had the same result and rather than address that issue, Blizzard just restricts the weapon types.

I’d offer a different line of thought, do auto-attacks still make sense in the modern game? Should they even still exist? What real value do they provide to the overall game?

So clearly the sarcasm of my statement was lost. But you also missed the point. Regardless, I know exactly why and it has nothing to do with PvP.

I’ll ask you this: what is the actual solution to fix it then?

Easy the same way it work (Should work for fury) If you wear 2 one hands weapon your drop should priorise these weapon drops. If has enhance you wear 2hand weapon your drop will priorize 2hand weapon.

Or they should add a little option of choice for these class on what type they would prefer drop

The person is saying it’s only for Tmog, so we still can’t actually use a 2h weapon. We would still be using two 1h weapons thus would still drop 1h for us. Also, having to use loot rolls just to get tmog? Nah, 2h needs functionality and cannot be only cosmetic.

Just seems like an incredibly low sample size if its happened like 2 or 3 times.

Yes.

1 Like

Wonderful answer.

shrug

You asked a question. You didnt give me any explanation on why auto attacks should be removed.

2 Likes

Would be weird to mog a 2hand weapon on 2 one hand ones… not sure I follow his logic.

Well if they add the option of prefered choice of 2h or 2onehand it would fix it. Cause seriously I remember trying to drop one handed weapon on my fure and never getting an i was real annoying

I’m going to guess you do not know how wolves and the set bonus interact in PVP.

In PVE each wolf grant 20% extra damage to Elemental Blast , the set bonus in PVE make the wolves last 100% longer ie an extra 15sec.

In PVP each wolf grant 10% extra damage to Elemental Blast (blizzard at some stage in DF decided to nerf the bonus by 50%). The set bonus in PVP make the wolves last 50% longer ie an extra 7.5sec. With only an extra 7.5 sec it is almost impossible in PVP to cast feral spirits back to back, and even if it did it may only overlap by 1 second.

That’s a triple nerf to pvp, nerfed wolf bonus by 50%, nerfed set bonus by 50%, and now nerfing elemental blast by 25% - again whenever Enhancement shamans are nerfed in pvp it always feel excessive.

A simple solution would be to nerf the newly introduced set bonus. They shouldn’t introduce a set bonus so overpowered that they need to nerf the class abilities. They need to nerf the set bonus, as it is a borrowed power that will disappear in the near future, once that happens they will forget about us poor enhance shaman pvpers again leaving us weaker than before and not knowing why or even caring why.

Hypothetically, would you be fine if 2H functionally worked with all the current abilities but it had significantly less MSW generation, a single weapon enhancement (which frost DK also has), and suffered from a damage difference due to this?

I’m simply questioning their necessity. If I had to give a reason they could (not should) be removed, I’d say that it is a level of design complexity that is entirely unnecessary and provides little interaction with the player’s actions. They generate resources and ability procs while dealing tickling passive damage. Nothing that couldn’t be rebalanced into the parts of the kit the player actually gets to use.

There is no reason they need to be eliminated, but also no real reason they should stick around.

I don’t know how the tier works but somehow I managed to post this in the beta thread roughly 22 hours ago. Pretty strange how that happened:

But your solution is spot on though they didn’t even think about PvP once when thinking about nerfing it. Like 10% of class design has PvP in mind. Will say you need to learn how to infer sarcasm from text mate.

1 Like