New Servers without Layering

As paying customer, they absolutely do owe us.

1 Like

I just want to know what blizzards plan is to remove layering, the servers are all still full and it seems not that many are quitting. So what now blizzard? When does it stop?

Know what else is made possible by layering? Being able to play the game without 8 hr or more queues. I am not defending laying to expoit it. I think people who exploited the system should be made to lose everything they got while doing so, or banned in general. I want to play the game. Layering allows me to continue to play the game with my friends all on the same realm.

As a paying customer they owe you a playable game, not the game YOU want. There is a difference.

It’s very obvious that they took the wrong approach. The server caps they’re using(if they exist?) are insane. Allowing 100k player on one realm? lmao.

Now that they know the demand for the game it’s time for them to adjust. Create 20 or so more servers, 10 in US and 10 in Europe and set the cap at 10k per with a 3k limit before ques. Done.

It isn’t possible due to layering. If a new server can handle 30,000 players at once, that’s its load. Doesn’t matter if it’s 1 layer or 100 layers. The layering was meant to make the zones a bit easier to do quests in so you don’t have 1000 players starting in Mulgore all trying to collect their 12 boar kills at the same time.

The game was never made for so many players in any of the zones. Hence the layering until the people riding the hype train hop off and the number of players stabilizes across all zones and not just a particular few.

As such, when you have about 30,000 players on a server posting items for sale, you’ll naturally end up with a higher volume of stuff in the AH compared to servers 15 years ago that maybe had 5,000 players on them. I think Blizzard did point out that a “Low” server in Classic was a max population back in Ye Olde Vanllia days in 2004-2006.

The problem with that is that almost no one is willing to transfer off their servers due to friends/guilds or the dread of moving to a dead server. Server transfers are not working so what now?

Just because the technology allows servers with 30k players doesn’t mean it should happen.

I never said it should happen. But how many servers and virtual servers should they set up to maintain to appease a crowd that will shrink over time as this is still very new and shiny and popular on twitch and youtube? When the players leave and they start to downsize what then? Which are forced to ‘lose their home’ and transfer?

Sometimes starting with a high capacity and fewer servers will serve better in the long run.

Fair, but how will taking away the one thing that lets people, with the reality we have now, play the game, solve the situation?

let hope to have 1 fresh server , because all other server are corrupt,
good job blizzard to screw classic with your crap rush layering system not on point ,

2 Likes

Let me rephrase — the rarity at which you think things ought to be based on what things were 15 yrs ago is not the rarity you’ll get with a boat load more people playing per server than back then.

if you pay for the sub then they do owe you.

1 Like

The problem is he is just mad that he hit 40 and can’t buy a mount and the rare drop didn’t get him a mount not understanding that the reason his rare isn’t selling isn’t cause 7 are listed. But because no one wants to waste gold on an item that isn’t bis at this phase.

Didn’t read all the posts in this thread, but…

You pay a monthly fee. They owe you access to the game. You have it.

Bye.

1 Like

Yes. The 3,500 in Vanilla was a design decision not a system limitation. I think Mark Kern mentioned before that they originally wanted it capped at 500 and then later 1,500. They were going for server community and wanted people to recognize one another like a small town where everyone knows each other’s business. This 30k pop server business is an abomination. It wouldn’t be so bad if the dropoff was what they expected, but only Blizz was expecting that. Everyone else saw the demand as sincere and real. I have no idea how they get out of this, but servers need to be split. Or, they can just continue to botch things and people will quit and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

3 Likes

There really is no excuse at all for this mess. They wanted mega servers even though the whole point of classic is community and challenging content all the way to max level.
It’s very odd to say the least.

2 Likes

Can you show me an example of this that isn’t clearly photoshopped?

The only one I’ve seen on the forums was a clear hack job that even Blizzard stated was fake.

You got what you paid for the moment you paid them. This whole idea that a business is in debt to a customer is stupid. I bet you treat retail employees like you own them too.

A server where a true classic World first can happen would be cool. As of now, afaic, there have been no classic world firsts due to exploits and layering. Mostly exploits caused by layering.

And acti-bizz turning a blind-eye to it, really destroys the integrity of the game, and they already destroyed the integrity of the world, by implementing layering in the first place.