New Servers without Layering

Na, he’d rather try the “see I told you so” approach.

• Sees announcement about a very specific exploit with layering. Condemns layering in its entirety.

It’ll work right?

Hyperbole much? Prices on rare items (and everything else…) are low due to oversupply and the economy is ruined! forever!

What about the people with thousands of gold already due to exploits? Is that gold being taken from them? Let’s hope.

That alone is enough to have a lasting impact.

1 Like

Nah.

This will all even out when layering goes away by Phase 2. We have many phases to go still.l

I don’t know why it has been ruined. I’m having so much fun and I couldn’t care less about the layering.

Also they don’t owe you anything.

2 Likes

I mean, they gave you a while game that they still had to put a bunch of dev work into in order to restore and they let you play for only the subscription fee that already gives you access to the current, huge game. But sure, they owe you another server? Come on man.

I mean, I hear you… I agree that folks exploiting layering has definitely had an impact on the economy, and that sucks. Unfortunately, so it goes any time folks find an exploit. Vanilla had it’s share of such things too, just not exactly the same one. Blizzard handles it and we all move on.

Without layering, servers would be unplayable. Even with layering, it’s sometimes very hard to get things done simply because there is too much contention for resources. When those resources are quests, you can wait for hours just to do one quest. That’s not a good experience.

WoW Classic’s initial launch just has way more people than the original launch did. This was the only way to handle it without spinning up four to six times as many servers, which would all die off within a few months.

Rather than complain and stomp your feet. Why not say why layering has ruined your life. I rather enjoy not competing against 20,000 people for the incredibly low droprate zhevra hooves. I bet phase 2 drops in around two months. If you hate it go play retail until then.

Never mind the people like me who undercut on purpose because we just want to get rid of stuff for a quick profit.

1 Like

I do the same and not having to compete against 8 other listings selling a rare item who have undercut the price down to beans would be nice.

I like how people compare vinallas established economy over 2 to 3 years to classic 2-3 week economy. You arnt making big gold off ah yet cause that gold is going back into the game atm (mounts, profession and class trainers.)

2 Likes

3-4 of some boe blue/epic isn’t from layering exploiting necessarily.
When you have 15,000 people killing millions/billions of mobs — you gonna have alot of rares for sale lol. The sheer number of people killing stuff with a singular server ah (horde,ally,neatural) — a rare isn’t as rare roflmao

Layering isn’t the reason there’s so many blues on the auction house. I found 3 blues before I hit level 25. Assuming others have had the same luck, that’s 3 blues per person.

Let’s say a realm has 10k players, that’s a lot of blues that will show up on the AH. Especially since we’re like 2 weeks in and most are under level 45.

Layering isn’t the reason there’s so many boe blues. Layering may hurt the gathering professions but boe blue drops, I don’t think so.

I don’t support layering but it’s not as bad as people think. It’s making leveling tolerable.

1 Like

I’ve said this in another post.

When you got 10-15k people killing millions and billions of mobs — rares aren’t as rare when they all get posted to 1 (ally,horde,neutral) AH

I would reroll in a heartbeat. This is trash. And it’s not enough to set up new servers without layering. I want Blizz to be upfront that they will be draconian in their punishment of exploiters for whatever the next fotm exploit is. They could give us new servers and then they could be ruined again with the next exploit. I don’t trust Blizz at this point to not just let cheaters run rough shod over the game.

1 Like

Vanilla servers had 3000 players. Classic servers have ten times that many. You’re comparing apples and oranges.

1 Like

If a rare isn’t rare then the implementation of the game is flawed from the start due to layering.

So, you are mad that other people did what you do?

No I’m mad at the sheer volume of competition which isn’t Vanilla like in the slightest.

I’ve vendored a few boe blues already, maybe I should throw them in the bank but I don’t have much faith in things getting better.

Again, thats not layering, thats multiples of 10 more people playing the game. It’s not that hard to grasp. 3000 people posting blues as opposed to 30,000 people posting blues. Im exaggerating the numbers a bit, but you hopefully get the point.

“Again, thats not layering, thats multiples of 10 more people playing the game.”

Which is made possible due to layering…