New servers, block transfers

I enjoy your anger and inferiority, if nothing else.

Splintering is the problem now. People that are calling for new servers are just impulsive and don’t want to wait for the dust to settle. Then one week later when they transfer to a server with no one on it, they start complaining again.

Think about the logistics behind your solution.

2 Likes

Go somewhere with this bs

So what’s the deal with all these horror stories of Classic players that transferred to ‘dead servers’?

Yeah, they were all medium pop last night, which according to Blizz is several times larger than an original Vanilla server.

What do you think happened to them? Did you expect them to be full the 1st day they were opened?

2 Likes

The discussion continued past the “1st day”.

Yeah, and it was medium pop last night. Been open a week? Just bc gamers are self entitled snowflakes that whine the first day they transfer doesn’t mean a server won’t continue grow over time, especially with the queues encountered on most realms.

You know, if you were someone who wanted to quest, this is the server for you. No contention, you can cruise your way to level 60 with ease. Then, enjoy your free transfer when Blizzard shuts down your realm. Sounds like a win-win if questing is your jam :slight_smile:

(Sucks if you wanna dungeon, though!)

I have no clue, its’ like if they are not knee deep in people running around and mobs everywhere, its just wrong.

I hate that kind of game play. It’s one of the reasons I don’t like doing dungeons. I’m not one of those people who grew up with a joy stick in their hand playing games, heck, I grew up before computers were a thing, and remember very well putting Pong on the tv set to go back and forth to keep the cats happy.

I don’t like the mobs of people in game any more than I like crowds in real life. Last night at like 1 am I was in storm wind, and there were just people everywhere, and I remember thinking, this must be what NYC is like, no thanks.

So when the layers do go away, I’m really not gonna like my server. It’s usually showing HIGH.

1 Like

That’s how the internet works. There’s no consequence for being stupid anymore so people get to just mercilessly pummel every page they come across with as much of it as they can possibly muster. This is the new normal.

Well, that’s wrong, because layering and exploits are the issue. So… they wouldn’t have that.

Actually, if they’d gone with layering and 30-50 servers from the outset, layering wouldn’t have been an issue.

Some people predicted layering would kill the game, but they were wrong. The small number of initial servers killed the game.

Except for all of the issues of economy and later raid exploits that were caused by layering…

Which would not have been an issue if you only had 3 layers, not 15. The only reason layering was a problem was that they smashed too many people together on one server.

Three layers is two layers too many.

And if you’d been listened to back then, you’d have done as much damage as this extreme layering has.

Not at all. We’d just have the actual game unmarred by exploited layering. Please try to avoid posting cringe, or at least dial back the scale of it so that it isn’t physically painful to look at.

And we’d either have massive queues or dead servers down the road. We’re already seeing the truth of that part, because servers like Faerlina still have queues, yet other servers are dead.

None of the issues are caused by layering itself. They’re caused by having too many people on a single server. Luckily out here on the RP server, we’ve barely got 2000 people online per faction by this stage, so at most we have 2 layers, and things are looking far cleaner and less abused.

The flaw was not providing 30-50 servers in the first place. We’ve already seen the population drop that layer haters claimed wouldn’t happen, and it’s continuing to happen. But now we have dead servers and over populated servers, because there weren’t enough at the start. Instance bugs notwithstanding, having the originally intended number of layers would have ameliorated all the issues in the economy, because there wouldn’t have been the ability to abuse it in the same way. Add the “rested swaps only” requirement and most of the abuse would have been impossible.

The entire problem is the initial server count. Not layers.

If you don’t like the truth, and want to live in your bubble, I suggest not reading.

“we have dead servers.”

Says who?

If I want to avoid reading truth I’ll aggressively read everything you post, kid.