New Rise of Azshara Cinematic: “Safe Haven”

That’s completely different IMO.

I too hate the way her character has been absolutely destroyed.

6 Likes
  1. Makes a cool cinematic.

2. I think we are heading towards a Lich King “I brought you here so I can raise you all” evil villain thing that always backfires in a setting like WoW where the good guys always win.

1 Like

So an assassination plot as well? And about half way through the expansion? Are you sure this isn’t mists of pandaria?

28 Likes

Everything Garrosh did was for the Horde. His version, but still was for the Horde.

Sylvanas highly likely is not doing it for the Horde. Even her supposed vision of it.

6 Likes

Yes, but clearly he wanted nothing to do with the Horde. Leaving him alone would be a better option than having a powerful new enemy.

6 Likes

A villain attacking a completely neutral party for no reason is an extremely common trope in fantasy stories.

1 Like

Sure, but with him alive those ideas are also alive. plus with him alive there is always the possibility he would change his mind. sylvanas doesn’t want loose ends like that left.

2 Likes

The Horde has been killing,/betraying each eather since the dawn of Warcraft. It’s just Horde’s nature.

3 Likes

More pointless, idiotic evil moments to push us in Saurfang’s camp. More completely failure to understand the basic reasons behind any of this.

Orcs. don’t. matter. They’re already behind Saurfang 100%. Pushing them even further into his camp is redundant.

Focus on the races that are actually conflicted right now, not the one that already has a crystal-clear side.

25 Likes

The faction with diverse races whose divisive motivations ranged from upholding honor and tending to nature to using the other member races as meat shields to further your “dark plans” winds up divided over said obvious conflicting goals?

Shocked. Shocked I say! I never would have picked this faction if Blizzard had telegraphed this in some way say, back in Vanilla with all the promo material, handbook, and quests!

6 Likes

It making sense doesn’t make it better. There are countless possibilities.

1 Like

If you were replying to me then yes that would make me happy.

I forgot to mention these, stealth was well done and Nagrand was gorgeous. It kinda pissed me off that he was in Nagrand though lol.

Oh yes this would be very pleasing. Or maybe Tyrande finishing up in Darkshore and learns about Azshara or Saurfang from a messenger or something.

Also that hammer seemed important, was that a legion artifact or something? I know it wasn’t Doomhammer.

That’s only been the Forsaken really. Belves and Nightborne different in seperate ways.

But it’s always worked with the Forsaken because the Horde treated them as the red headed step child who occasionally acted out. It worked great, but then they were given power in Sylvanas as warchief.

1 Like

“You and I, we don’t get to hide”

Chills…

6 Likes

Question: how aware is Thrall of what is going on? I got the feeling he is oblivious.

1 Like

He’s been in Outland the whole time, and he basically did run and hide, as Saurfang said. I doubt he’s been aware of much of anything until this moment. If Saurfang hadn’t shown up and one of those rogues had actually managed to slide a blade between Thrall’s ribs (doubtful, I know) he likely would have died wondering why the hell some random dude had knifed him while he was busy farming.

3 Likes

Loved the cinematic itself, loathed the plot.

I told you I was gonna feel like this.

10 Likes

Gien that they’re rehashing MoP, it’s safe to assume that he’s had his head in the ground for the entire expansion, just like he did then.

5 Likes

You know. It was an Alliance City that burned, so why is Horde getting so much love this expac when it comes to special content.

I’m definitely not a “HoRdE fAvOrItIsM” mentality, however there has to be an answer to this.

Come on Blizzard seeing the “Saurfang sad” plotline is getting old. Horde isn’t the only faction that’s going through bad things, I would love to see some more info regarding how to Alliance, specifically the Night Elves, are fairing in this “war”. I hope you have something up your sleeve for Alliance players who want to be included in the story as well besides saving the Horde’s butt yet again.

25 Likes

Its not deep or interesting when it is all you do. Why even be a faction if we only fight ourselves?

The horde having internal conflict isnt the issue, its the fact said internal conflict is both our only story and us killing eachother constantly.

16 Likes