New Retail expansion OR Classic +

I mean… Chris Metzen was a critical part of what made classic, a classic. Why bring him back as the creative director if his ideas and direction wasn’t wanted?

How many retail players loved his work?

lol

lmao even

How quickly were the raids all cleared in Classic? Two hours? Maybe three tops?

6 Likes

The difficulty of Classic is being able to push through the boredom of completing time consuming and tedious content that provides little to no challenge

8 Likes

When they stop making expansion for retail, I will be done with the game. I have no interest in going back and playing content I already did years ago.

1 Like

Objectively false. Even a M0 dungeon boss on retail has more mechanics than any raid boss in Classic.

4 Likes

Retail player base still skyrockets over classic. It would be like ford retiring the f-150 and instead, bringing back the old festiva from the 80s with like. New tires.

1 Like

Classic got attention because Blizzard saw an untapped source of revenue that preyed on people’s nostalgia for a version of the game that didn’t exist anymore. When they announced Classic they said it would be based on the Vanilla experience at X patch point. It would be as close to the vanilla game as they could make it. No additions, no major changes. And then then they put out TBC…and added mounts you could purchase that didn’t exist in that version of the game. It ceased to be “classic” after this point. The curtain was pulled back and everyone could see that it was simply another cash grab dressed up as the “original experience!!!” They added even more stuff in Wrath Classic that was not in the ‘classic’ version of the expansion: mounts, pets, dungeon difficulties, wow tokens! And people ate it up. Don’t be foolish enough to believe that it was pure altruism and nostalgia that made Blizz create Classic. It was money. Same reason for HC Classic. If it didn’t make money they wouldn’t do it. You still pay that $15 sub. People still purchased the same old expac for $60 that they probably already paid $60 for 12 years ago in retail. People are clamoring for Cata classic, which is mind boggling as it was Cataclysm that removed all the ‘classic’ stuff and was the beginning of the modern version of WoW and was the reason people said ‘please give us classic servers we want the old game back!’ Now people want Classic+? Like what? You want a divergent evolution of ‘classic’ that adds new never before developed stories and content that is wholly different than the retail game? That is insane. But, if they think they can once again fleece players into giving them money they might actually pop it out.

Perhaps it’s just me experiencing echo chambers but the word on the street is that Retail is over cooked, over saturated and over bloated…

Perhaps Classic + isn’t the new direction? Maybe a total reboot of the game? Wow2r?

Is this not Renown or World Quests?

Lol, the irony.

At least in Classic I’ve the option of grinding mobs, you don’t HAVE to play it that way, I can play it how I want.

Retail, you ain’t getting jack until you do those renown levels.

ty for confirmation that he’s working on classic

Let’s be real here. Metzin was the reason WoD was as bad as it was. With some supervision, he’s great. Without limits, not so much.

Classic is literally a waiting room for people who got filtered by retail LMAO

1 Like

If, as you say, wow is over cooked and all of that, why would they make a second one? I never understood the wow 2 thing. It’s an expensive way to not fix any problems.

2 Likes

You’re silly. A classic player criticizing retail rep grinds has to be some kind of joke, right?

You delusional if you think the retail rep grind is anywhere near as tedious as classic

7 Likes

Money… Letting go of a population of people that gladly pay them for this game? Not gonna happen… The issue is that even now retail WoW doesn’t feel new anymore. Classic remakes feel newer somehow? It’s like the new big thing that all the content creators and publishers want to showcase.

I can’t remember the last time I saw a retail raid video I wanted to see… watching the Hardcore duels for 100k however that was kinda fun to watch. I saw a lot of advertisements on those videos too…

1 Like

I don’t know about Chris. Here is what will happen. Classic cata announced. New wow expansion with with 4 boring zones, same old tired world quests, year+ to unlock normal flying and dragonriding.

A few new cool things that will get scrapped. Meanwhile I’ll still be wishing we could just return to the old two continents with updated zones to reflect the current story/ new story for the expansion.

2 Likes

I’d take the current renown grind in retail over having to do Hydraxian Water Lords, or Brood of Norzdomu or omg Shendralar rep grinds. Those were actual painfully slow reps to grind. In retail it takes a month to hit max renown on your main if you go casually slow, and then on an Alt its like what, a week maybe 2, to get to max renown with the bonuses to renown.

2 Likes

300k people watching 2 people spam 1-2 buttons at each other… Yep zero interest in classic at all according to these forums. /s

I am hoping for classic+ and the salt levels on these forums will be great if its announced.

1 Like

So you’re unsatisfied with the direction of the game currently and want something totally different and new while simultaneously being something that reminds you of what WoW was all about?

Classic + is what you want

Classic is exactly what Hollywood does when they don’t have ideas. “Remember that movie from the 80s? Yeah. Make it again, but like, worse.” It’s not all the content creators. It’s a group, and others that are online just for views. If you got asmongold to make a video about how elephant poo is the next big thing, there will be so many streamers talking about how it is the next big thing.

2 Likes