New Retail expansion OR Classic +

Where will Chris Metzen focus on? Or will it be Both?

Will Retail fade away and will the focus be Classic +? Will Classic + not happen and the focus be more retail? What will Blizzcon announce?

Will check this out again tomorrow… :bat:

2 Likes

Wasn’t it already confirmed that he’s on the “main” team?

12 Likes

Incoming cata announcement and people acting surprised as though the company that has routinely NOT added new content to classic will suddenly create wow 2 LOL

10 Likes

What is even this about classic+, why do I keep hearing about it?

9 Likes

It’s just a pipe dream for people who don’t like retail for whatever reason and somehow think that the same company will just re-make the game exactly how they want it to be.

That and trolls perpetuating it to get clicks and attention.

25 Likes

You mean like OSRS? Well that worked there, with the same company that many the terrible thing that is RS3.

1 Like

Man if we get classic + and results in a team split between making normal wow content and classic content

Give me the easiest final reason to abandon blizzard lmao

6 Likes

I still have no idea what Classic+ is supposed to be? If it adds anything to Classic, its no longer Classic and they need to make a better name for it.

10 Likes

They COULD do both. BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY.

Never forget it

4 Likes

Well with the acquisition, it’s not impossible a new team can be brought in, wouldn’t affect retail’s numbers.

They can barely do one, so imagine them doing 2

1 Like

Neither do the people advocating for it.

• Make every spec viable and competitive!
  • Expand class/race combos!
  • Give us guild banks!
  • Give us a different Kara raid and fill all the empty space with stuff to do that isn’t TBC!
  • Give us Retail graphics!
  • GIMME IT I WANT IT GIMMEE IIIIIIIIT!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

They have no idea.

13 Likes

Presumably he will focus on the game that is not completely made-up.

12 Likes

I imagine it’ll be on the real game but they might have some news about Cataclysm.

classic is done by the wow team

But I wrote that really, really detailed forum post on the Classic forums about Classic+ and it got two hearts. Clearly the community is in favor of my ideas!

1 Like

We won’t know until tomorrow.

Retail has already faded into obscurity.

After BfA, SL, and DF, it’s clear that’s what retail is, and isn’t changing from that.

I’d rather play HC, and Classic Wrath is making rounds because people haven’t experienced it before or would rather play an older version than current.

2 Likes

theres more people who play classic that dont want classic+ than there are who do. mostly its just streamers and content creators parroting it

2 Likes

No one actually does.

Like you said, people enjoy Classic Vanilla because of how small and scaled down it is, and adding more content just moves away from that.

1 Like

Lol

11 Likes