New Retail expansion OR Classic +

I never understood this mentality. LFR is just for people to see the story and isn’t considered end game content even in the slightest, much like how normal raids are not really considered endgame content compared to savage raids in FF14.

I enjoy that those multiple difficulty options exist since it means there is less of a likelihood of groups of players with significant skill levels are playing together in more uncontrolled environment, a sentiment I came to from pugging raids in Classic and Classic TBC.

IF they ever released Classic + but actually did balance tuning, they would need to fundamentally change class design which would then make more similar to their TBC and Wrath counterparts instead of vanilla class design. How do you make ret pallys comparable to warriors in cleave without just flat out giving them cleave as well or divine storm? How do you make pally tanks more tanky and generate good aggro without holy shield or avenger’s shield?

I’d be fine if current class balanced was maintained into Classic + with adjustments, such as just damage number increases to bring class/specs in line but still maintain nichies. Think things like buffing the damage of volley for hunters so they can have better contribution to aoe, slight reduction to the damage of cleave for warriors.

You know Ybarra is President of Blizzard, right? He’s not the head of “retail” WoW. He’s head of the company that makes Overwatch, Hearthstone, Diablo, and Wow (both retail and classic) and likely has little to do with individual game teams.

For WoW, it’s probable that Ybarra only interacts with the general manager (John Hight), executive producer (Holly Longdale), and the game director (Ion Hazzikostas) about very high-level vision/concept and financial results/problems.

2 Likes

I always make the argument that OSRS works because it’s a sandbox where the endgame content is horizontal and the main focus is just on improving player abilities. WoW was never developed to be that kind of game; either they keep adding ladders of content to the endgame, or they completely change the fundamental design core of the game.

shhh, let them keep their scapegoats.

Gonna lol if/when Classic + is just a new zone and raid and people groan about how uncreative and lazy it is.

Should have just locked the thread after this comment. This pretty much is the bottom line and needs no further discussion….

1 Like

To be honest I think this is all coming from all the private servers that are offering a different experience from live world of Warcraft…I played turtle wow. It was ok but…it lacked flavor it was too different from the original and it felt weird…

What’s coming….

Classic Cataclysm

Classic+ (new version of vanilla)

Three NEW expansions that are actually Great! Starting with…

The War Within

Then… Midnight

And last… The Last Titan…

These new expansions are a war call to old and new players alike… I will be buying these.

Thank you Blizzard!!! :heart:

1 Like

Now that we have essentially classic+ how hard are you seething on a scale of 1-10?

2 Likes

Thank god he went retail.

Classic plus is a joke and I’m glad its not a thing.

1 Like

I’ve got bad news for you.

1 Like

Thank god he went Retail.

Classic can end anytime now.

The whole classic crowd is a joke

1 Like

So in your mind Classic Cataclysm equals Classic+? You really didn’t have any idea what it was you wanted did you?

Since C+ had no actual definition, they’ll just claim any change was exactly what they wanted.

2 Likes

This comment didn’t age well. LOL!!!

1 Like

There is classic +, there is content being added to classic… sounds like classic +.

2 Likes

lol u mad? Classic is carrying WoW right now and its not even close. 300k people tuned in to watch the Hardcore classic duels. Why is that? Why don’t they tune into retail with those numbers?

2 Likes

I suppose being sent to the destiny void of microexpansions charged at a prem per year is better. Enjoy your lackluster content for the next 30 years.

Yeah, I kinda thought that was the case, and the fact that Fennéko thought that Classic Cataclysm was going to somehow upset me kinda bums me out man. My 14 year old loves Deathwing, loves him. Just a huge dragon fan in general, but a molten metal hp lovecraft dragon is like right up his wheelhouse. He was 6 months old when Cata dropped and only saw the cinematic and his mom soloing spine when he was little. So he’s is gonna hop on and let Deathwing kill him when he flies over the zones, maybe do the “The day Deathwing came” quest chain and have a blast for a few days. He’s a smart kid. He isnt under the delusion that Cataclysm with some tacked on mechanics to extend its lifespan beyond a few months is Classic+ though. Good kid.