New Retail expansion OR Classic +

IMO, it is kind of nice. Ascension is set up like that. If illegal modders can pull that off one can’t help but wonder what devs with actual legit source access could do with that.

1 Like

Well considering retail wow is a reality and is the game that blizzard is in fact focused on and classic+ is an amalgamation of select players hopes and dreams to become a real thing…my money is Metzen is probably working on the real game that exists.

5 Likes

I’m not the one saying this, the design of Dracthyr have been bad.

Its not that Classic+ is causing alarms to me, its just me pointing out the disgruntled retail players that think the grass will be greener if Classic+ happens and release when in reality it will be more or less the project will be developed by the same people that working on retail currently, which most of these disgruntled retail players such as yourself are basically putting trust despite knowingly to you, they didn’t do a good job for the past few years of retail.

Hate to break it to ya but WoW tokens will probably get added to Classic in either the seasonal servers or Classic+ :^)

perfect example is everquest, the first 3d mmorpg that became so popular, most of the original wow devs played it before developing wow. people still actively play both the retail and private server version. the private server version known as project 1999 and featuring the og and the first 2 expacs, was so successful, the retail version decided to offer the same thing as an option and its a success by their standards.

1 Like

eww will ruin the economy

and history is going to repeat itself with Turtle WoW… People are going to get what they want with or without Blizzard in this scenario.

1 Like

He is creative director of WARCRAFT in its entirety. So he’s gonna be calling shots narratively on both regardless.

Hardcore mode needed almost 0 dev time.

Classic+ is creating new expansions and rewriting WoW lore.

Exponentially larger of a task.

The problem is, the players who can’t compete on retail go to classic. You can be a below average player and find success on classic because it’s a lot less demanding rotationally and mechanically, whereas that’s simply not the case on retail.

Thing is, the casuals outweigh the elite players, and retail is not being developed for casuals which is why it’s a sinking ship. Blizzard went too far in the direction catering to the 1% as opposed to the 99% who don’t play the game like it’s a job.

2 Likes

i don’t even know. i think it’s pretty much seasons of mastery again. som failed bc they released it when tbc was coming out.

so i guess it’s just…relaunch of classic lol

My hope is that Metzan busts out a model of WoW and brings in the developers that made hello kitty and then proceeds to use his best Orc voice to flick their designs and creations off the map…

That seems to be what the players want though (badly). When you sift thru comment sections you can almost feel the hopeium thru the screen. Especially in Asmongold twitch chat most players are all about it

Guaranteed to be sour grapes and disappointment if it’s “just” Cata Classic or some new season announced, I can almost hear the post-Cata announcement boo’ing even though the event hasn’t happened yet :grimacing:

Perhaps the expectations of the playerbase have finally surpassed what the devs are able to produce with real-world resources, maybe that’s the real issue going forward.

People seem to expect “the next Wrath” or “the next Legion”, but the dev team isn’t what it used to be so there’s a sort of disconnect between the players (expecting the moon) and the dev team (restricted by resources/real-world/a 2-year expansion timeframe)

To be clear… I would play a new retail expansion so long as it has the flavor of a wow game… They now know what that flavor is and since most retail players will buy/consume/protect ANYTHING you give them I’m sure they will stay too…

It’s an idealized version of the game that goes in a different direction post-vanilla instead of transitioning into TBC, with the most commonly expected changes being things like more playable vanilla-era races like high elves, ogres, and naga, zones like Quel’Thalas and the Emerald Dream as they were imagined back in the 2000s, and rebalanced classes with no dead specs. The concept has only picked up steam recently because BlizzCon is almost here, and with it announcements for both retail and classic, so YouTubers want to hype up the idea of Blizzard making Classic+ a reality after the successes of original Classic and Hardcore to make people think it’s an inevitability.

The only people who want Classic+ are said YouTubers and purists who want Blizzard to correct what they believe to be a mistake; in this case, the last 17 years of the franchise. And paradoxically, they expect modern Blizzard to give it to them despite previously blaming the company for causing retail’s decline, which is a bit like buying a vintage car from someone after they totaled your previous modern car in a demolition derby.

2 Likes

The first people who talked about it were developers…

If people are playing both, they are still only paying one sub. I’m sure Classic helps a little for those that only play Classic, but going by number of servers and server pop, it’s not more than retail.

1 Like

Companies hire people, don’t they?..

I mean if their doing like 3 to 4 MMO’s simultaneously just fine, adding another one wouldn’t really change much.

I don’t even understand why this is a genuine worry, considering Blizzard (Or Microsoft-Activion-Blizzard-King),a billion dollar corpo mind you, would handle it anyways.

Well what would you name it then?

It still has Classic as it’s foundation to work off of. Not in spirit, but the content, gameplay and so on.

Lol. So true.

I just think these peoples just need to move on. Or idk, find a private server that fills that Classic+ Niche.

lol

Brotha, i take licorice over chocolate anyday. And you bet your wildflower garden i take it black. That flavor is delicious. :yum:

The forums would complain non stop…horribly…if we got the next legion. Due to how horrible it was for a year.

How is a customer requesting things about a game they’re paying for… trolling?

3 Likes

Maybe they’ll spin off classic+. Have to buy the expansion and give it it’s own separate sub.