New Realm Population Label System

They could let in 30-50% more than what they have now. Without knowing how many people they’re letting onto their servers now, we don’t know how much they could reduce the queues by.

This is a good opportunity to show your transparency, Blizzard! Tell us how many people can get on a server before it is queued.

1 Like

they are all full on this version

Every single server full on day 2??? Comon Blizzard, why is there not an over abundance of servers available since a week before launch? Every single guild that tried to come to classic as a group is now fragmented on different servers, and we can’t even all join a fresh one. This is a colossal fail, there should be absolutely no reason not to have way more servers then needed, you can consolidate them after the initial rush. Absolutely pissed about this.

5 Likes

Because that would be stupid and very detrimental to the long term health of each server.

Consolidating? You mean merging. That presents its own problems.

Would it really? I don’t think so. It’s not hard to consolidate servers when the rush dies down. What’s stupid is forcing guilds to split up and not being able to play together, if at all.

2 Likes

A bunch of us feel like we can’t find a home yet. Especially with guilds and newly connected vanilla communities. The constant queues are rough. It looks like a second night where a lot of us probably won’t get in.

1 Like

Well, you’re entitled to your opinion but I understand why Blizzard doesn’t share it. Waiting for the PvP tourists to leave makes a lot more sense than dealing with server merges later, which will piss off the dedicated players even more.

ok so keep re rolling on new servers, hit level 10 then the server is full then they open more, re roll again hit lvl 10, server gets full… ok this is annoying. Just make character transfers. I don’t care if I have to pay 25 30 $ what everrrrr ill pay it I don’t care id rather do that then keep re rolling. This is hours of work wasted.

2 Likes

Excellent step to letting people know the actual server sizes.

As for those wanting server transfers and complaining about very long queues…you were warned days before launch but you have such warped views of how the population is going to fan out in the long run, you are unwilling to make a community on your own. You want one pre-made for you. I guess followers must pay the price of very long queues. It is your choice.

Of yeah, about the “guild has already made it into the 20s” stuff, seems like you re not in Classic for the long haul, but just looking for a fresh server to satisfy you personal ego. Enjoy the wait, you earned it but can change it if you wish.

Can we please get free transfers off of the Full servers. My friends are in queue but I’m almost 20. :frowning:

1 Like

How about add about 100 more layers to each server your already have in game and increase the capacity of each server so no one has to move. Or maybe that’s too much common sense.

7 Likes

Blizz may allow mass x-fers later but they need to tread lightly with making too many new realms. People need to realize that there are realms now with zero wait time and medium or less. I’m willing to bet there are a lot of people sitting in massive ques because they or their friends insist on rolling on the “IT” realm with a big scene or streamers and such. Making more realms won’t change that. It would only spread out the overflow of players more and potentially create dead realms.

This.

My friends moved off Herod to a server that was Medium at the time- they logged in early, had zero queue, and were blissfully unaware of high queue on the server. They have sunk 15-20 hours each into their characters. They aren’t switching and I am not playing WoW on a different server than them.

3 Likes

Dude, they are on a money grab with this. How many vanilla players quit after Wrath or Cata? How many of those players are back on the promise of “Classic” under superior software/hardware? It’s all an effin sham.

3 Likes

Trading the long term health of a server for the initial playability is a much better business decision. All the people you’re worried about int he long term won’t even be there because of this crap. No solution is easy, but keeping people happy at the start should be priority, it’s simple business practice.

3 Likes

How so? If people are enjoying themselves, what’s the issue? Didn’t have to buy a new game, just resub. It’s no more of a sham then a typical patch to live, except unlike that, this is worth playing for a lot of people.

2 Likes

Thank you for addressing the label issue. Any word on character transfers?

Myself and every person I am playing Classic with. This launch has one underlying issue that i’ll sum up like this:

“Blizzard is dead wrong in their current design philosophy.”

1 Like

I read that the same way. just easier to look at. Just sprayed some febreeze on it

1 Like

Which server is that?