New realm "Krol Blade" on realmlist?!

I’m just feeding into OP’s paranoia surrounding the unknown

2 Likes

So glad I’m not the only one freaking out.
So So sosososo excited for the possibility of fresh tbc servers.

Classic and TBC will be separate clients. Classic Forever will be a 1:1 copy of the server taken at the time of copy. So if you’re playing on Grobbulus now, if you copy to classic forever you’ll play on an exact copy of Grobbulus in the Forever Classic Client.

Aww I was excited then I saw its PvP. No chance I’d play a fresh server if it’s PvP since everyone and their mother will be playing Horde. Classic vanilla had bad enough imbalances favoring horde on almost every pvp server. Can you imagine how instantly 1-sided a brand new server will be?
I hope they release a brand new PvE server so I can play as alliance and not get mercilessly slaughtered all day!

1 Like

yeah im excited to see whats going to happen iv been watching it all day

1 Like

It means a NEW Server.

But, I wouldn’t count on it be Boost-free, though.

It could be something they’re using to test the cloning and that’s why it’s greyed out. It probably won’t stay if that’s the case. Or it could indicate fresh later, or anything really.

It could be but that’s unlikely. Very uncommon (and unprofessional) to conduct business verification testing like that in a live environment.

Very true. I think a fresh would be cool, even if it’s just a single realm. There’s clearly a demand for it. Maybe they’re waiting to see what the ratio of Classic:TBC players are and if it’s worthwhile to announce a fresh server? That’s usually how progression servers work in other games, like in EQ when they have a progressions Server it goes up and they usually open another one shortly after so it’s a constant churn of fresh if you want that.

1 Like

I’d love if it was a fresh server to test the waters. I’d play there in a heartbeat.

1 Like

I don’t know what it is, but I highly doubt it’s anything worth getting excited about. I feel like they’d probably announce something like a fresh server, but that’s just me.

I’m gonna guess they’re consolidating all the low pop servers into this new one.

It’s weird Blizzard hasn’t said anything about low pop servers yet, and splitting the population into classic era vs tbc realms would make the problem even worse. This would be a convenient way for them to address these realms before prepatch.

If they were going to ‘merge’ servers, the likely option would be to link them retail style so players don’t lose their names. But regardless, people play on low pop servers for a reason. The game world wasn’t originally designed to handle over ten thousand people playing in it.

Very few people on low pop realms are ‘trapped’ or ‘stuck’ on low pop servers. We’re here because we want to be. Please stop perpetuating the myth that we’re unhappy, need more people, or want to be saved by the megaserver meta.

It’s a part of our process to have fully configured and tested Classic Era realms alongside what are soon-to-be Burning Crusade Classic realms. This stage of our testing requires a realm in each region that we can access (but players cannot).

The name is just a name that we chose in each region from a list of previously unused names.

It will probably disappear from the realm list in a few days. It doesn’t have any other purpose.

7 Likes

RIP fresh dream. :frowning:

18 Likes

Definitely sounds like a part of the snapshot testing. Thanks Kaivax.

The classic clone realms will keep their original names (i.e. Blaumeux-Classic), but the fresh realms they’ve mentioned considering would be new ones.

Welp, colour me stupid.

3 Likes

Is there any word on providing at least a single fresh realm for either the pre-patch or launch? The biggest thread on the Burning Crusade forum has been asking for this since February and we haven’t heard anything yet after almost 3,000 replies. Almost every reply on the Krol Blade thread on Reddit was looking forward to this being a fresh realm as well. This feels like the only opportunity to get a blue post response. I’m not sure how else to directly contact a Blizzard representative of Classic.

4 Likes

Hey, any response to the dozens of threads with questions about Blizz replacing TBC arena with Retail arena?

that meme lived for too long