New Raiding with Leashes achievement

I went there for the first time without a group to follow a couple of weeks ago. I just followed the in-game map to determine which way to go. The last time I had been there it was current and I never led the way. Just followed others. I found it very straight forward.

Through the mines, teleport to Orgrimmar. Up the beach. Into the city. Follow the main road through The DRAG into the Cleft of Shadows. Down through Ragefire Chasm to an Elevator. Then through the underground complex.

1 Like

I’m kinda PO’ed about this one because the Pandaria raids already HAD a bunch of pets.

The meta achievement should have just recognized that you already had them all, instead of adding a bunch of NEW pets.

1 Like

Is there a post in here somewhere that shows which raids we’re supposed to do to get the old pets? I looked and I can’t find a comprehensive list of which raids I want and which pets I’m trying to get.

If you’re looking for a list of existing pets from only Mists of Pandaria raids, see this list:
https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/?src=raid&expansion=4

Hit CTRL F and search for the following raids:

• Siege of Orgrimmar
  • Throne of Thunder
    (any other pet and raid listed is from a previous Raiding With Leashes set that was released during MoP)
1 Like

Here’s a quickly assembled list. hope it helps some :slight_smile:

1 (vanilla)
mini mindslayer, anubisath idol, viscidus globule - ahn’qiraj
giant bone spider, fungal abomination, stitched pup - naxxramas
harbinger of flame, corefire imp, ashstone core - molten core
untamed hatchling, chrominius, death talon whelpguard - blackwing lair

2 (burning crusade part 1)
lil bad wolf, menagerie custondian, netherspace abyssal, fiendish imp - kharazan
tideskipper, tainted waveling, coilfang stalker - serpentshrine cavern
pocket reaver, lesser voidcaller, phoenix hawk hatchling - tempest keep

3 (burning crusade part 2)
grotesque, stinkrot, hyjal wisp - hyjal summit
leviathan hatchling, abyssius, fragment of anger/suffering/desire, sister of temptation - black temple
sunblade micro-defender, chaos pup, wretched servant - sunwell plateau

4 (wrath of the lich king)
dreadmaw, nerubian swarmer - trial of the crusader
magma rageling, ironbound protowhelp, runeforged servitor, sanctum cub, winter rageling, snaplasher, go-r41-on ultratonk, creeping tentacle - ulduar
boneshard, blood boil, blightbreath, soulbroken whelpling, drudge ghoul, wicked soul - icecrown citadel

5 (cataclysm)
tinytron, discarded experiment, rattlejaw - blackwing descent
twilight clutch-sister, bound stream, faceless minion - bastion of twilight
drafty, zephyrian prince - throne of the four winds
blazehound, cinderweb recluse, surger, infernal pyreclaw - firelands
faceless mindlasher, corrupted blood, unstable tendril - dragon soul

6 (pandaria) - PTR, subject to change
stoneclaw, wayward spirit, comet, baoh-xi - mogu’shan vaults
korthik swarmling, amberglow stinger, spawn of garalong, living amber, ravenous prideling - heart of fear
azure windseeker, spirit of the spring - terrace of endless spring

7 Likes

I have now completed 4 sets of runs on the PTR – each raid on every difficulty.

Please note that RUN # 1 is a reposting of my original data listed above.

Side Note: Out of the 20 runs through HoF, not once did I get the Ravenous Prideling (which was last one I needed for achievement).

Here are the results of those runs:

TERRACE OF ENDLESS SPRING

MODE #1 #2 #3 #4
LFR NONE Azure Windseeker Spirit of the Spring Azure Windseeker
10N Azure Windseeker Spirit of the Spring NONE Azure Windseeker
10H NONE NONE Spirit of the Spring Spirit of the Spring
25N Azure Windseeker
Spirit of the Spring
NONE Azure Windseeker NONE
25H NONE Azure Windseeker NONE Azure Windseeker

MOGU’SHAN VAULTS

MODE #1 #2 #3 #4
LFR Comet Comet Stoneclaw NONE
10N Stoneclaw Comet
Baoh-Xi
NONE NONE
10H NONE Baoh-Xi Stoneclaw
Comet
Baoh-Xi
Stoneclaw
25N Wayward Spirit Wayward Spirit Comet
Baoh-Xi
Comet
25H Stoneclaw NONE NONE NONE

HEART OF FEAR

MODE #1 #2 #3 #4
LFR Spawn of Garalon Spawn of Garalon Kor'thik Swarmling Living Amber
10N NONE NONE Amberglow Stinger NONE
10H Kor'thik Swarmling
Amberglow Stinger
Spawn of Garalon
Amberglow Stinger
Spawn of Garalon
Living Amber
Kor'thik Swarmling
Living Amber
NONE
25N Amberglow Stinger NONE Kor'thik Swarmling
Amberglow Stinger
Spawn of Garalon
Amberglow Stinger
25H Amberglow Stinger NONE Amberglow Stinger
Living Amber
NONE
3 Likes

I have done 5 runs through these now various difficulties and have not got a single pet from HoF - have done 25 man heroic and normal and 10 man heroic.

I’m on my 6th toon, one run for each raid (no LFR), and I only need 2 more pets. shrugs RNG will be RNG

eta: One from ToS and one from MV, got the last two I needed from HoF on #5’s run.

I finished my 6th and I need 3 pets still - all from HoF. I think you got extremely lucky with those in HoF since there really isn’t many of them up on the AH either - especially the ravenous prideling.

I am going to run all the first 5 through LFR though since I didn’t realize to start I could get them from there.

1 Like

Got my Happiness.
Only took me 13 alts. ^^b

3 Likes

I did all three raids once last night and received three of the pets. Kor’thik Swarmling, Baoh-Xi, and Living Amber. I might run them a couple more times this weekend but not a fan of running things over and over ad nauseam. I’ll probably get tired of the raids and see if I can buy them on the AH.

1 Like

I just got mine, took me 8 I believe. Too bad the price of the pets are already so low on the ah since I have a lot of duplicates.

Discovered I definitely should level up my fire mage though - that fire armor is awesome for old content.

Are there any guides as to how to navigate these raids? I’m doing them, but it just seems like after a boss is defeated, there’s no way to go any further.

I didn’t do this content when it was current, since there is nothing I hate more in MMORPGs than raiding. Without the benefit of having previous experience in this content, I won’t be able to unlock all the bosses for the pets.

(If you could spare me any condescending crap about how easy it is, or how linear it is, and how stupid I must be to not be able to figure this out, I’d appreciate that.)

1 Like

Which raid are you stuck in?

All three of them.

Also, what difficulty are you running the raids on? Normal & Heroic would have all bosses available as you kill the previous ones. LFR is split into wings and thus would limit the bosses in MSV & HoF to their wings.

1 Like

YouTube videos can be a good way to find about things you’re stuck on.

I’m using Lorewalker Han and I’m using whatever the default settings are.

I know you’re not a fan of WoWhead, but it looks like Icy Veins has walkthroughs for the MoP raids.

Ah, LFR. I didn’t run that; sorry I can’t be of any help.