New Race for the Alliance: HALF ELVES!

So then it kinda feels hypocritical a bit; if they look mostly human, then it works for you, but the moment their ears look more elven -even while the rest was completely fine with you- then it’s a no no?

IMO, Half elves should have ear options; the smallest longer than a human ear, the longest smaller than an elven ear.

I mean, we have had Arator drawn in lore, and he looks like he has ears as long as an elf.

https://i.imgur.com/RzSnkMu.png

2 Likes

Vulpera will never be a playable race, it makes no sense to have them in the Horde, and Blizzard doesn’t bend the knee to community outcry.

Well…yes. I have my preferences on what I would find too close to High Elf just as you have yours about what isn’t close enough. How is that hypocritical?

I have a solution for all of this. Give the Alliance Sethrakk and give the Horde Mechatauren.

Should even things out.

1 Like

Considering I just said Half Elves should have a range of ears between short and long, how am I being hypocritical?

The drawing itself was to confirm if your issue was literally just ear length. And it seems it is.

You and I know that would never happen. Alliance get Lightforged Mechagnomes, and Horde will get Ogres or Sauroks or something else actually requested.

Don’t even get me started on that one. We should have gotten Setthrak if fairness was even close to a concern hah!

Can you imagine a giant terminator tauren running through WSG blasting people with lasers. Would be a thing of beauty.

1 Like

Yes, I think if you take the ear length long enough you cross a “yeah, ok you made a scruffy High Elf” line for me. I don’t know where that line is, but it’s there.

I really really want Naga to be a allied race. Like, Blizz would make so much money off of me because I would change all my toons in a heartbeat.

With a Vulpera sitting between it’s horns carrying a machine gun. You know, sort of like this:

Yeah, I normally don’t go for all that Horde bias stuff but Alliance got gypped with the allied races.

And I didn’t even got close to the actual length of Thallassian ears, like I went right to the average between human and elven ear heh.

It’s kinda weird man!

Those are still the dream, and Aszhara is still at large babey! so who knows!!

Well, I think you found that line…since I only just now looked at this. That, to me, is “scruffy High Elf” and not human/elf half-breed. Again, to me, ymmv and obviously does. :slight_smile:

(Also, damn nice work.)

2 Likes

Well obviously, if you believed that Ion and the rest of the team all had Horde mains and regularly made fun of the Alliance and gave the Horde expensive cinematics letting Horde players what it means to be Horde for their story that took up most of the xpac with a choice of whom to support, you’d have faction changed already.

Nah, I like the quick bg times too much. Who needs the better everything else when I can lose my bgs so quickly!!!

You can play a thing and disagree with how it was implemented.

Well sure I’m just saying if you play mostly Horde you are getting more bang for your buck.

Would it shock you that I like to draw pointy ears? Also now the face lighting of the original makes no sense but that’s what you get when you take 5 minutes hahah.

But yes, I do think the best solution would be make ear length an option; I mean, if they are hybrids, it would stand to reason their possible features could correspond to either parent. Cause otherwise it’s just… a human.