New Race for the Alliance: HALF ELVES!

Pretty sure it was in reference to vereesa’s two half elven children and her half elven nephew.

Yeah I kinda agree, that’s why i said:

So yeah, while I do think it’s mostly a gameplay issue, I am not against VE’s being able to wield the light.

"All too willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline"

I do think that not seeing this as the obvious interbreeding is kinda… blind.

Doesn’t sound allegorical at all when she says “diluting your bloodline”

Yeah that’s the obvious…and fair…point. Nonetheless, I think she has disdain for both Thalassian races and clearly considers the Highborne to be above them.

As for the “…blind” dig, offering a different “have you considered this as well?” isn’t being blind, Tal. It’s simply trying a different take.

Nonetheless, I support Half Elves…and long before this recent spate of threads I started a “Half Elves, a reasonable compromise?” thread that got demolished in a couple of days. I don’t support “Half-Elves we can make look just like High Elves” concept, because that’s just an end run around the issue. Half-elves that look like the crossbreeds they are (and please god someone don’t start the “They should look like Wrathion!” stuff)? Sure, let’s talk.

Something like this, ok let’s talk:

Something like this? Again, let’s talk:

https://www.monkeyinthecage.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Elrond-War-Face.jpg

But this? Too much elf, not enough “half”:

Nah, it’ll be Half Blood Elf, Half Vulpera.

1 Like

If anything the Void Elves should’ve been Lightforged High Elves aligned with Alleria. While a small faction of Eredar rejecting Sargeras after his defeat shoul’ve gone Horde. But everything been tossed in the garbage compactor now so I don’t even care about the story anymore.

I mean it’s not a dig, I’m just saying that the text is just too obviously about it and while I’m normally all about having all the takes, this just too apparent to try to search for another take, ya feel?

Also Elisande is the most complementary of the Blood Elves, if any:

"Sin’dorei? Of all the elves, I thought you might understand the choice I made to save my people. Instead, you ally with misfits and monsters"

And considering how well the Nightborne get with the Blood Elves, looking tiny pink and blond is certainly not a turn off for the Nightborne. They have never looked down on the BE’s because they look different, if anything, it’s evident their ideological similarities have bonded them tremendously.

I mean I won’t deny there are people that will strike against anything that feels threatens the High Elf cause, and Half Elves sound dangerous, because honestly, they might be the best alternative.

And while I will play at least one of my hypothetical Half Elves as a High Elf, all I need from that is at least the option for long ears, I have never only wanted the model itself.

Hahah Wrathion is just the flip side of the Kalecgos coin.

IMO a half elf should look just like the average between the two physically, and with a new pose. It shouldn’t be that hard.

They could’ve just gave us High Elf models that turn purple like Alleria does for Void Elves but whatevs.

Mmm, the problem here is that there are very different styles, and the only obvious difference I am seeing is ear length.

So, let’s pretend the first has long ears, what about that?

Hang on, we don’t have to pretend, give me 5mins

So…

As soon as you head off into the knife ears you’ve lost me. Now it’s “mostly all High Elf with a scruffy beard and a scar or two”.

No because the repeatedly show the leaders and NPC’s are Blood Elves, none who were allied with Alleria or Vareesa.

Then they gave the Horde golden eyed Blood Elves, would’ve been nice if the Alliance wanted Lightforged High Elves huh.

I think the alliance wanted High Elves, not sure though someone should make a thread asking for them.

No Alliance players don’t want High Elves, if they did then Blizzard would’ve given them that. Otherwise they are shooting themselves in the foot in possible sales, subs and race changes. And they wouldn’t do that.

You mean one of the threads that is constantly in existence on page one of GD?

Whoosh

In your defense sarcasm doesn’t work well when typing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, and they wouldn’t want that now would they!

The question is if Alliance wants the left half or the right half.

Given all the conversations on this topic, it’s damned near impossible to spot the difference between sarcasm and a Poe. :wink: