New Race for the Alliance: HALF ELVES!

That picture looks very nice indeed

It is fun playing both factions, gotta say.

It also makes obvious to me that the horde DOES get more TLC. Do we have to talk about Saurfang being the saddest orc and we following his journey? Like I liked it, but I can’t help myself from realizing “How swell we get to see the perspective for the person complicit in genocide instead of the victims of it. So swell.”

Honestly? The whole saga of Saurfang cinematics needed at least to have a night elf on Anduin’s place, and even so it could have made it even more egregious.

Yet on the other hand, maybe having Shandris had her own cinematic, and then be her the one in the Stockades would have been SO much more powerful.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m worried about this one. I’m concerned that Tyrande’s going to be turned into Veng-o-Matic 9000™, become a raid boss, and the “more reasonable Night Elf” will wind up in charge. “More reasonable” in this case being one of the Alliance leaders comfortable with just letting bygones be bygones and taking her cues from the Boy King.

Which would, in all likelihood, signal a race change for me. We’ve gotten shafted too many times as it is. I can’t for the life of me think what Alliance race I would choose though; I have 120 night and void elves, a 120 DI dwarf, a couple of mechagnomes, and a human I barely managed to get to 110 before I was just so bored with “human potential” in this game.

Hi?

2 Likes

TBH the way they botched the Horde story I’m glad the Alliance is ignored lol

Enjoying those Vulpera nightly are we? :wink:

I’m mostly saying it because I just can’t conceive Tyrande just not straight up cutting Saurfang’s throat and me not just… rooting for her.

And as I admitted, having Shandris there could be even worse because it would just further make it all about Saurfang.

But IDK, having Shandris overcome her own grief to understand that Saurfang has a shot here, have her tell him “You owe my people this, for all the suffering you have caused, you owe my dead face Sylvanas. Be more than just the murderer you have always been. Be something else, even for a moment”

IDK, it just seems to have a Night Elf be there just feels more powerful than a human king that just doesn’t get it. It would have been at least more deep.

And Tyrande could burn Orgrimmar to the ground and all I could say is “good for her” at this point.

My MAJOR issue with Night Elves and my inability to give up is that every atrocity against them just makes the potential of a comeback just more glorious. Everytime they get shafted I want MORE for them to rise up and wreck everything.

2 Likes

Half Elves huh? Sounds crazy to me… :crazy_face:

Oh, I want that too…but I think it’s about as unlikely, given the writer’s love affair with “human potential” leading the Alliance, as a certain asked-for Alliance race being added in 8.3.5

I mean I won’t deny that overall is nothing short of egregious that the Horde gets to be part of another genocide, But when the whole narrative is about Saurfang overcoming yet another bloodthirsty leader and representing the heart of the Horde, it really comes across as the horde just being alright without any introspection cause Saurfang took care of it?

It’s really easy being Horde when the answer is “I know we did another genocide, but we felt bad about it and ultimately we ousted Sylvanas so yaaaay!”

If we are going with half elves then I want a elf /gnome hybrid so that way they are literally Half elves …

Oh wait it would have to be elf dwarf for half elves . Elf Gnome would be quarter elves

Actually that sucked for me, badly. I hated that story arc with a passion.

(MurgAlt™ Confirmed)

As a Sylvanas loyalist this story was not to my liking

1 Like

I mean humans can be there, it’s just the focus that doesn’t have to be on there all the time.

I didn’t get this bit.

I…ok, Tal I’ll explain:

There is no 8.3.5 coming and there has been no new race announcement. Therefore I think the likelihood of us getting some stellar story arc where the remaining Night Elves ascend to glory is roughly zero.

I mean the point is that the ends is that ultimately, the Horde is good at its core, even if easily swayed. I don’t get why we need a reminder of it like every other expansion, but as a theme it’s not bad.

Oh and yeah, as a Sylvanas loyalist it’s just BS that we can’t just go with her. THAT was lame.

2 Likes

…Sethrak? T_T

For some reason that unlinely not being a sarcastic likely tripped me over.

Then yeah, I kinda, sadly, agree.

But still I hope, maybe Ardenweald will be good for Night Elves!

My issue is. There are not that many of rexars people. Or hybrid children at all. Because socially in wow interspecies romance is taboo.

We have only three known half elfs in all of wow.

We’d better of with the other new races and better character creation options.

If you dig deep into the lore. You’ll see the races just barely get along. Notice nathanos was the only human to reach the rank of ranger thanks to sylvie personally training him. And during this the other elves looked down on him.

Goblins run a black market trafficking women. Harpies breed with any humanoid male by force. Etc.

If you dig deep youll find very dark elements in wow. Its just not shown directly to us.

Even varessa and alleria faced social rejection for having human hubbies.

Gorona is the result of rape and magic.