New Race for the Alliance: HALF ELVES!

nods OG Draenei Pallies.

Bah, They make plenty of sense. The Light is one of the major powers. Anyone can technically make use of it if they learn how. The idea that a Loa figured how to channel its power to its followers is easy. The idea that after that Loa stopped either by being dead or abandoning its followers, that at least some of them wouldn’t be able to pull the power of the Light themselves is also baseless.

Zandalari Paladins Forever!

Thats a good point. I was actually just reviewing that after I typed my last reply. The Blood Elves didn’t so much lose their connection, as they lost faith.

Oi the Highvale rejoining with the other Alliance High Elves and then joining up with Alleria and the Void Elves… You might be able to make something work there for Paladins. A Void addled Elf being faithful enough to still pull Light and remain a paladin? Why not? We have holy priest Void Elves.

1 Like

I do think that if you make High Elves join into the Void Elves, that has to mean keeping the Highvale as their own. Paladin is just too much of an anathema as an archetype for Void Elves -as it is now, which is Holy Light Warriors- so at best you can only add High Elves that don’t really care about the light to the VE ranks.

Holy Priests for Void Elves are most likely just a gameplay issue. At bets they can be disc I say.

There is something to be said about faith as a dichotomy of light and void, thing that Disc priests have pulled off in the lore, but so far Paladins use exclusively light.

So unless they get a 4th spec about Void, I can’t see it.

And let’s be frank, not every race needs to be a paladin. And Void Elves make little sense being paladins. At least as the archetype works right now.

Yeah but if they do roll high elves into Void elves and don’t give them Paladin then many of those who support High Elves for the Alliance will have cows… possibly literally, since they might switch to Horde and play Tauren Pallies! :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe if these half races actually got models. All of the half elves are just high elf models. Also those half orc/draenei are just orcs. There is nothing draenei about Garona.

It wouldn’t make sense to add Half Elves to the Alliance but have them look just like Blood/High elves.
They would need an entirely new model, imo.

1 Like

Tell that to the Windrunner sisters. They can’t keep their grubby mits off human men.

On one hand I don’t think anyone too pious was on Umbric’s group to even want to be just a Holy priest.

On the other hand I now just don’t see anyone too pious wanting to become a Void Elf.

Elves that want to prove they can wield the light as Void Elves? They could exist, wouldn’t say they be all that numerous lol.

Love the pun, but we all know they would just make BE lol.

The thing is if HE get rolled into VE’s, they will become VE’s. I really don’t think any High Elven paladins out there would be “yes, let’s get irradiated with that thing that’s anathema to my very beliefs, sounds like fun!”

I’d better see Night Elven paladins, they are long overdue.

No.

And flagged.

I mean obviously. Like, before having the Zandalari model, they just looked like Darkspear Trolls, even before, BE’s simply used the NE model with a pink skin and blonde hair and pointy ears.

If Half Orc/Dranei became relevant as a group, they should also get a unique model.

ask any horde player they would love to see half elves in fact they would gladly make that a reality………one axe swing at a time :rofl:

1 Like

But I don’t see them as being pious, but utilizing a form of magic through self vindication in themselves. Narcissism made manifest, I’ve seen many people say that you just need a deep faith in something to wield the light or properties of it, so as a VE ( I play shadow but I have thought of this ) but as a VE one would simply be believing in yourself to heal ones allies, I don’t think its that far fetched considering priests were given to VEs.

I see NB priests the same way, a lot of people speculate they could still believe in Elune. But I see NB priests as a reflection of how NB see themselves, a self righteousness in believing they are superior, their culture is superior, so they manifest that belief forward.

1 Like

I have to agree but they sound more like a core race and not a allied so it works.

no, wow has enough elves already

But the point of Umbric’s group is that they saw Void as THE answer, that one power that would change everything, so they decided to dedicate themselves to it.

Let’s be real, Light has never been the prerogative of those seeking power for power’s sake, at worst it has been about unwavering conviction.

Like I don’t dislike it, and tbh I could see it happening for priests that want to become the ultimate representation of the Void and Light cycle.

It kinda just doesn’t work for paladins for me because they are all about the piousness of being a holy warrior.

TBH they would be as much as Kul Tirans really.

There some place where its stated they no longer follow Elune? I mean I could see that but Elune doesn’t actually have anything against magic or such and it was being worshiped by the Night Elves ten thousand years ago…

I can see this being a stretch. But I mean. I’d buy it. Still, and I know this goes against my interest, I don’t think Blizz would do it for that reason.

Thats… a good point… Hard to convince a Paladin to throw themselves into a Void infusing ritual. lol

Kinda wondering why they didn’t do it for Bfa… its like literally the perfect time.

Who and what you flagging here?

No it wouldn’t work for paladins on Void Elves because the light lives in them I thought or something. But as far as priests go I sorta take Umbrics group as studying dangerous magics (Void) for more power, an enhancement to whatever they had going on prior to as well so not all of them are shadow priests. But priests wielding holy isn’t the same as paladins, and I was commenting more on your priest comment simply because VE’s priests imo since it hasn’t been stated otherwise are simply drawing on self righteousness as opposed to belief in the light. Ala Dany style like my reference to her saying faith in myself.

I was commenting on how I see NB priests akin to VE priests in the Daenerys Targaryen fashion of I have faith in myself type mindset, the Elune stuff idk, I don’t think its been commented on ever but the player base I’ve seen talk about NB priests all speculate they COULD still believe in Elune but I don’t really take it like that

Ah I see. I think I’ll go look that up and see what I come across… interesting stuff.

1 Like

I tried doing a lot of research on NB priests before I made my priest he was originally NB, I got tired of the model and Proudmoore is a great server but not for Horde… anyways everything I found was people speculating on possible ancient Elune ties. But the NB to me have such a belief in their own greatness I think bending over backward to find an Elune tie isn’t necessary for a people who have such a strong belief in themselves, so thats how I ended up seeing them, and VE’s too actually.

You don’t suppose that might be a reference to them evolving from the Highborne “ideal” into Thalassians? Or, as Elisande clearly views it, devolving? The Sunwell was the vehicle for the change from Highborne to Thalassian after the exile.