New Mount: Vulpine Familiar

Giving the Alliance more horses is like Blizzard beating some sort of dead animal. What animal could that be… I just can’t quite think of it. Blizzard can you give me a horse? Maybe that would jog my memory.

2 Likes

Wait that thing flies too?!

Oh that is adorable.

1 Like

A tamed wicker beast for Order of Embers, a captured quillboar mount for Storm’s Wake, and a really fancy (on par with the collector’s edition) horse for Proudmoore would have been a nice start.

3 Likes

What about a more watery related mount though? Oh, or a parrot could have worked. Or some void-sea-dwelling thing.

I thought about that, but the expansion already has the great sea ray and I suspect if they gave us a water-themed mount it would be another underwater mount.

Of course, if they wanted to give us a tidesage boat that would float or hover over land, then people could finally stop complaining about the water striders…but that wouldn’t be fair to the Horde players.

Well the thing is, the Horde mounts are obtainable as rare drops in the zones, so if they gave a rep exclusive boat to Alliance, and then a recolor rare drop, I think it would be fair enough.

1 Like

I would support that, so long as the recolor had a decent chance of dropping, since the rep version would be 100% obtainable.

1 Like

Eh it’d be like the Horde mounts now, which… are pretty rough with their low drops at the moment. Which is a shame, but I guess they’re considered rare mounts now due to that. The addition of floating though could up that chance. Perhaps they will take note for next time.

Floating would be a really nice perk, though, and it would be the only boat in game that could actually float on water. I don’t think it’s fair to make something with a unique ability faction-specific.

That’s true… oh, unless they add in a Horde equivalent though! Maybe uh… no idea what they’d do. Something to do with Nazmir.

It’s a nice mount. That’s all I’ve gotta say about it.

Make it BM with Animal Companion so it can have TWO moose hunter pets! :sunglasses:

Maybe a small version of a Zandalari ship? A Zandalari lifeboat?

Yeah that could work pretty well. There could be a small version of a Kul’tiran ship, and a small version of a Zandalari ship. Man… I hope they consider those ideas.

2 Likes

No gonna lie but that’s the most accurate description.

3 Likes

There’s so much wasted opportunity for creativity in this expansion.

1 Like

The little demo they had for it made it look like some special Hunter pet.

I was disappoint.

Consider me this… Runesaber and Starseeker were eventually hunter pets. So… big maybe? Big please Blizzard? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t play Alliance, but I’ll take your word that these would fit lore-wise. I still think people would be mad for yet another boar mount. And aren’t the wicker things bad? Again, I’m totally ignorant, but I was under the impression that most of the Kul’tiran race was pretty xenophobic. I can’t see a wicker beast riding through Boralus. The tide sage type mount I saw mentioned though, there’s something to that.