New Mage Tower Let Down

If they were just handing them out sure. But people just want to play the game and be able to take on challenges with cool rewards.

Everyone I know that has the skins doesn’t want them to have that option. Again, none of the people i know that want to keep the skins restricted have ever gotten the sense that these people are “selfish” in any way.

Are we being selfish, sure. Probably more sadistic though. Are they being selfish, I don’t see it. But I guess you can exaggerate their request to make it seem like they are.

Some of you may exist - I have no idea why. But most of the people I’ve talked to that support the restriction don’t care at all. It’s more enjoyable to punish players and/or see players punished than to sit on some made-up cushion of superiority based on something as trivial as “time-sensitive”. It’s not like our account has any “collectable” value that the limited nature of the skins would add value through - last i checked selling your account is against ToS.

EXACTLY DUDE!!! Punish the players that don’t play correctly.

People should HAVE to make 4 copies of the same class just to play all the covenant content.

Now those ARE the same. Especially in a video game. But I’m all for it - because as you explained above “If you decide to make your character X covenant, you should have to make a new one to try out Y covenant, once you hit 60 and get through the main campaign and all that. Talents should have been permanent, too, as should your spec. Nevertheless, though, that’s again my philosophy on things.” is just so juicy and punishing to tons and tons of players.

Kind of an ironic statement to make when the entire premise of the people complaining about the artifact not appearances returning centers around selfish entitlement.

“Me me me, I WANT THE APPEARANCES, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE THEM!! Why am I made to suffer!!!”

Like, give it a rest already, LOL. Or you know, don’t. But trust me, you and everyone else complaining about no artifact appearances are coming across just as whiny, selfish and entitled

1 Like

Really?

I don’t seem to be able to go into your bank and take your items.

But wait, that statement doesn’t even make sense now. They couldn’t be your items, because no one owns anything.

So why can’t I take items from your bank, or the auction house? Or your mounts? Or just reward myself with anything I want?

Nice try,

You still need to give Timmy his toy back.

1 Like

You should try reading the terms of service blizzard has. Your monthly sub only pays for access.

Still aren’t my items. They are items the character I play has acquired.

You can via purchasing your own items with in game currency.

You need an actual clue.

Agreed, recolors of them are always fine and good. New things entirely are even better. Rather than bringing old things back we should always be asking for newer things that are similar and with better and newer rewards. I don’t see that discussed too much though or often. It just ends up being the same old “gimme gimme MT old skins” and nothing more, which ends up resulting in “No” from me.

It still boils down to greed, regardless of the reasoning for it it all boils down to want, desire, need, which all are examples of greed.

That’s alright, and that’s towards the people you know. Each person is their own. It boils down to this in the simplest of terms: You’re either for or against it, regardless of the reasoning behind the answer.

It’s not an exaggeration as it speaks to the motives behind the answer. When you look at motives, it’s greed. They want it, again want, being keyword here which once more speaks to greed.

Again, though, it all boils down to are you for or against it.

There’s a lot of us that exist, not some. Me, specifically, I want blizzard to keep to their word that they stay out of the game and don’t bring those back because that’s exactly what they said during Legion. Those skins were to be removed from the game and not to be coming back, so that added more value to them and it was a cool challenge when it first came out.

Keeping to one’s word is the most important part of your character. If you are someone who constantly breaks your word you demonstrate to others that you are not worthy of trust. Blizzard used to keep their word often, but then they started trying to please every single individual in this game and began breaking their word left and right. I would rather they start trying to restore the good reputation they once had.

Time sensitive is time sensitive.

No, you’re misreading it. It’s permanence for me, not punishment towards others.

Yes because it should have been a permanent decision. You decide on whatever you want to play and stick to it rather than being wishy washy.

They’re the same in this example, yeah. I’m not seeking out retribution towards people, I am seeking permanence in choices. It can be either good or bad, doesn’t matter, it is what it is.

It’s punishing without intending to actually be punishing, though. Players are often very wishy washy rather than just sticking to what they want to do. Like, if you were to pick a character, then go “I wanna do this, now this, now this. I wanna try this over here” like, choose something and stick to it yo. Stop being all wishy washy, just pick and go there.

None of the players ever making the argument for them not returning ever said, that I recall, that they weren’t being selfish. As far as I can tell, most if not all of them accepted that, same with me. I’m more trying to make blizzard stick to their word on “time sensitive never coming back” kind of thing, though. That’s more important to me over anything else.

Yeah, like really. I mean it’s from both sides entirely and I see it on both sides. I don’t want the exact ones to return, recolors are cool and fine. Newer ones are even better, but not the exact same skins with the exact same colors.

Technically speaking they’re correct. Blizzard owns everything we have and it even says so in the ToS, all of the game, items included are the property of blizzard. Nonetheless, not technically speaking here yeah we do own stuff.

Yeah, agreed.

how many times has blizz said something then went back on it or say they weren’t reverting their decision then ended up doing?
hmm they sure were against classic series just being a full reboot and now look u can bring ur classic toons to tbc then wotlk then ect…
“no old gods”
azshara cannon gets fired bfa"
“no covenant swappnig freely”

or the one mechstrider that they only created for a single palyer and he sold his acc so now it exists to no one lol
imagine the far future if wow is still aronud in 60 years, the current palyers would be dead along with al ltheir “exclusive stuff” and none of it exists anymore for anyone unless someones breaking ToS passing their account down in their death to their offspring and grandchildren

so take the brutosaur off the BMAH permanantly

Good. Bring it all back. I want the epic hunter quest bow for my hunter.

3 Likes

Scarab Lord title for eveyone?

False. The appeal is they look cool.

Bring none of it back, actually.

Agreed, they have broken their word many many times already which is why I don’t want them breaking it now. I want them to keep to it and start to keep to it a lot more often, regardless of what it does to the player base or how people end up seeing them as a result. A long long time ago, (in a galaxy far far away) Blizzard was once known for keeping their word and it was a really good reputation, especially for their games. I want them to go back to being and having that kind of rep.

1 Like

I don’t know about self centered but I do agree with your point to a degree.

Having lucked into your BiS legendary (for the scenario) made a huge difference. There was also a massive difference between being Mythic ToS geared and doing it vs. Normal ToS or Normal Antorus (even if you set skill aside).

I would much rather these challenges not “scale you down” but rather “scale you to a fixed stat template”. So if you are below it scales you up. If you are above it scales you down. Then let’s see what happens.

Brutosaur is different (mostly because it was never advertised as temporary and wasn’t even officially announced until way too late, and relied on data miners to find that information……) but alright, remove it.

1 Like

But greed isn’t the thing in contention.

It’s needless exclusivity, sadism, and selfishness. You’re bringing in greed on top of it, and that’s not necessarily where the difference lays.

I don’t see how people are “greedy” because they want to earn something.

That’s why I think you’re exaggerating their position.

I’m still in favor of not letting them have it, I just can’t comprehend how your position about labeling them as “greedy” makes any sense.

And it means nothing for WoW when it doesn’t make a difference. Your account value is still the same either way. Time-sensitive stuff in terms of collection/value just doesn’t really apply in an MMORPG. No one will know the difference, and no one will care.

If I didn’t have my mage appearance, and all of a sudden in 9.1.5 I got it - it would change literally nothing for you.

That’s why I just can’t see any logical reason for putting value behind it being “time-sensitive”. The punishing and restrictive aspect though - now that’s some juicy value. Players getting punished, then they cry and complain. That actually makes a difference. That isn’t trivial. It’s palpable.

It’s both. If you sleep better at night ignoring how punishing it is for others, ok I suppose - but it’s a lot more fun when you realize how many players are punished. If you want to hide behind an illogical veil of “exclusivity” “selfishness” “devs keeping their word” “time-sensitive” - that’s on you I suppose. I’d just wish you people would stop being so fake.

2 Likes

And you need to stop coveting thy neighbors mog.

I’m actually not.

Keep trying to make up stuff.

I already said I don’t care either way.

Yes but I have no idea what you are replying to. I merely said that OG appearances aren’t coming back, they’ve stuck to that since the beginning and still haven’t waivered. [Making reskins isn’t reneging on something]

You can still get the hidden artifact appearances.

Other than a couple legendary quest chains, what are you referring to?

People in these threads like to talk about recreating the challenge of the Mage Tower with stuff like this. The real challenge of the MT, though, was the fact that it was time restricted. The encounters themselves were not all that difficult for the most part, and some were complete jokes.

The challenge came from getting all your alts leveled and adequately equipped before time ran out. I decided to get all the appearances, so that meant leveling classes I had never played at cap before and doing encounters on specs I had never touched with unleveled artifacts and quest gear. That can’t be recreated.

4 Likes