New Mage Tower Let Down

So I get that some people would get all upset if they gave us the ability to get the hidden artifact appearances again–but honestly, who cares? Like there are so many things in this game that you can lord over other players without it being stuff that was removed from the game. I hate that Blizzard constantly removes content from the game, especially given that not everyone playing now was playing then. Maybe I am in the minority on this, but I just think if you are going to bring back a feature, you should at least bring back everything associated with that feature–even if it is just new skins for the artifact weapons. This whole “this is a compromise so we don’t hurt a small number of players feelings” nonsense is ridiculous. But I guess those are the players that tend to come on the forums and complain–and that seems to be the only way Blizzard listens to anyone. Hence why I am making this post.

94 Likes

A lot of self centered people who have the need to /flex ingame and think they are better than everyone just because they played the game and plowed through MT last week of the expansion outgearing it by 2 major patches.

Kinda like me clearing Twisting Corridors in 9.3 with 280ilvl and saying I “earned” it.

Because you know, just because they enjoyed it, no one new is allowed to experience it ever again.

Godforbid another bear gets a werebear form with a brand new tint…ooof. Crime against humanity. Go on, sue Blizzard lmao.

81 Likes

I think people fail to realize the appeal of the weapons is their exclusivity.

49 Likes

You can still get these.

12 Likes

The gamers love to gate keep and think it’s handed to you.
Kaivax has already stated that Blizz isn’t reverting their decision. They just saw a huge want for the werebear, the fact it’s truly unique in it’s own right… so they reskinned it to be different enough as to not diminish the OG bear.

Frankly after that I stopped entertaining the idea of OG appearances coming back.

Though reskinned appearances would of created a bigger incentive for me at least. The armor sets are whatever… for the most part but I get why they went that way and no bad shade at them for that.

I’m just against and always have been on the idea of removing these things. It’s not handed to anyone. I think would create a more authentic experience and give people things to do.

[Kinda hate it’s on legion timewalking… since timewalking rotations are so long]

7 Likes

I personally don’t mind if they leave them gone or bring them back, but once you start bringing stuff back it opens the door for other items that were removed.

I would love for the ZG mount to be brought back as a drop instead of a black market item. I don’t expect them to do it, but it would be nice if they did.

15 Likes

Not for me, the disco kitty, werebear, flame glaive I find appealing 'cause I like how it looks, I’m actually happy when I see others have the same appearance. People fail to realize it isn’t ‘handed’ to them.

8 Likes

You care about your side of the argument, others care about the other side. It’s not that hard to imagine.

Also I lose a lot of sympathy when having a different opinion amounts to flat out insults like this.

I don’t agree with removing stuff from the game. But when it’s already gone and there was a promise made about it, I do think they should stick with their promise.

35 Likes

Yes, threads like these just show how important the exclusivity is.

Statements like:

Shows that players like the OP really cares about the appearance. They were not there when the content was live, so if the appearance and associated prestige is unimportant…why do they want is so badly?

20 Likes

you see insult I see the blunt truth.

9 Likes

Yea we needed another post on this, thanks so much.

14 Likes

Of course, because it’s better to insult than to discuss and understand the other side. It’s a pretty standard response.

15 Likes

Everybody lies.
-Dr. Gregory House.

6 Likes

Better than nothing, I get to get a form for my druid😬

1 Like

They only do it 'cause when they tried bringing stuff back, people revolted.
And peexee isn’t insulting anyone. It is a literal ‘let me show off… flex’ on people moment. To feel special… to roam around the city hub in my unique thing I got.

It’s not an insult to describe the actions/reasoning behind the decisions by the company with relation to why SOME players want it that way. There have been players stating outright that they want it unique to show off, or flex on others. So not an insult if you call it like it is.

7 Likes

sorry it wasn’t an insult it was just the blunt truth. Some people (you) don’t like the truth though because it can be hurtful clearly.

7 Likes

Just this first part alone was enough to discard whatever else you just wrote, obviously the people you mentioned would get upset would care and ontop of this, it’s not just about the mage tower skins, if they bring those back it sets a precedent for all other items removed to be returned. This game has always been “FOMO” as people put it and won’t be changing for the likes of you, feel free to go find another game that lets you get anything you want without cool exclusives etc…

4 Likes

Because it looks cool. If someone removes a movie that was named top of it’s genre. Never to be seen again… sure some want it for it’s prestige and exclusivity… but others see it as ‘‘well shoot, looks like a great movie,… everyone is hyping it up… I’d love to see it too’’.

Some people like things because it looks cool, doesn’t need to be a sole reasoning that it’s exclusive.

8 Likes

um how? there is a specific set of appearances locked to the legion mage tower, never to be gotten if they don’t bring them back.

Not for everyone. I can only speak for myself, but it has nothing to do with other people and entirely to do with my personal feelings on the matter. But whenever people bring that sort of mentality up, it’s aiming to be derogatory towards people who have different opinion. Are there jerks on the other side? Sure. But there are just as many jerks on your side as well.

It’s a complicated issue with a variety of opinions and responses to it. No side is bad other than those belittling and judging others.

Nah, not hurtful. It just paints the other side as bitter and unnecessarily rude. I prefer actual discussion rather than name throwing or character judging, but feel free to demand an echo chamber as it seems you only want your opinion to be heard.

13 Likes