New Loot System: Proof they learned nothing about key leavers

The design of that type of content is intended to exclude any but top players from meaningful progression. In Legion there were incentives for good players to group with noob players with low keys. There are not now, and it is not an accident that they have been removed.

2 Likes

Well there is, until 10.1 - cause people do it right now for “bonus valor”

Yeah, healers are by far the most important part of the puzzle this season.
if people are leaving, you are likely the problem.
Ive seen geared healers do a horrible job in 11s btw, you running only 16’s means nothing.

i can safely say that 85% of the keys i seen brick this expac were due to weak heals.

… I’m the 1 that’s gonna be leaving!

I made this post because currently it looks like best gear is earned by farming +16’s in 10.1, and if the key wont be timed, I would just leave. I wouldn’t bother finishing for 5 little pity fragments

I’m sure they will take care of that. There have been enough complaints that players who don’t deserve progress are getting it that it will be changed.

1 Like

If they took away the timer, people are still not going to want to sit through hour long death runs with gigantic repair bills. If you want better success rate, play the dungeon better. Use your CCs. Don’t wipe. If it is going badly, it goes badly. Get over it and try better next time.

3 Likes

Exactly, this isn’t vanilla WoW. These days people use optimization with short attention spans.

1 Like

Reward people for being successful…reward people for being unsuccessful but to a lesser extent.

Xiata you angry because your participation trophy wont be as shiny as those who are more successful?

4 Likes

/raiseshand

The hell are fragments?

New currency replacing valor in 10.1

So you have no clue what you’re talking about, good to know

Oh the things that drop from everything. Those were called fragments? I thought they had a cooler name.

Well you basically turn 15 fragments into a crest. High content means different fragments that make better crests for higher ilvl loot

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/more-frequently-asked-questions-about-the-new-upgrade-system/1546495

1 Like

It still drops upgradable gear and gives vault credit, which is a pretty decent reward for failing.

‘Preciate it.

It’s a game mode based around beating a timer. Not beating it is failing the challenge.

If you look at my post history you should see that I have always been vehemently in the camp of ‘leavers aren’t that big a deal, and really don’t happen that often’ and have argued that blizz should not do anything to punish it.

But…

Even I think they should not put rewards in place that actively encourage leaving at the first sign of a failed timer. Make it a flat reward for completion, and leave it at that.

3 Likes

Better then getting nothing imo.

No, it’s because of the high number of key leavers currently in mythic+. This issue has been going on these forums for several years now, and Blizzard just encouraged it more since you don’t even get half the number of key fragments if you don’t time it, so it’s faster to leave the group to find another one that will have a higher chance at completing the mythic+ key for more fragments. Are you new here?

2 Likes