New Loot System: Proof they learned nothing about key leavers

See you understand. <3

1 Like

I was running keys on this character and bailed on a +8 RLP earlier after the 4th wipe on the 2nd boss. Healing the ~353 tank was bad enough without everyone getting hit by the boulders.

It had nothing to do with my IO, and everything to do with my desire to avoid further frustration. Sorry, not sorry.

1 Like

People complained for several months now about key leavers, and Blizzard just encouraged it LOL…

2 Likes

And this is why people will keep stacking their groups, requiring higher ilvls and not giving newer players a chance. Time = reward. If we spend MORE time, we shouldn’t get LESS reward. Legit 0 reason to do a key that might or might not time. You gotta time it always to make it worth your time for actually doing the key.

2 Likes

That is how time trials work.

2 Likes

And that’s why people will often leave and not bother to finish a key.

3 Likes

Of course. What’s the problem. That is the content.

Timers should of been for those that wanted leader boards or something and punishments should be incurred for not playing as a team. The idea of being dispensable and the competitiveness or should I say, the need to want to be efficient has made this player base, or at least pug player base, pretty friggin wonky and sometimes unhinged.

2 Likes

And it circles back to people not wanting the timer again… these threads are endless.

If the group is mostly looking for a carry and they were not upfront about it being a hard carry where it is actually impossible to clear the dungeon in a reasonable time, at that point I would say it is valid for the group to call it quits. Reasonable time being 10 minutes within the time limit, because no one wants to be stuck in a dungeon for an hour.

I would only complain if the run is going smoothly and a person bails at the first inconvenience because I did not have any leaver issues until I tried pugging 20s where you start getting players who sabotage keys (Underperforms, Dies, then leaves).

1 Like

Sadly it comes down to available play time. If I had 2 hours to play, I obviously want to spend those 2 hours earning as much loot or currency or whatever as I can within that 2 hour time frame. Nobody likes to just waste their time.

1 Like

Do people often leave? I’m not convinced. I’ve left a some keys. I’ve had other people leave keys on me. I’ve never had someone leave “just 'cause we won’t time.” It’s usually when there are fundamental problems with mechanics, or people who think they’re MDI champs pulling entire rooms in +18s and getting embarrassed when it doesn’t work out…

Hell, I’ve completed no less than two hour-long Halls of Valor this season (and didn’t get IO for either of them). This problem is overblown, almost exclusively because of confirmation bias. Yes, it feels bad when someone bails. Get over it.

1 Like

The only argument is for a tiered reward.

For example:

Less than 5 minutes over - 9 fragments
Less than 10 minutes over - 6 fragments
Everything else - 5 fragments

Failing to complete a requirement of the content must have some ramifications.

Not getting score/the key bumped higher seems like enough to me. No need to deplete keys or do any end of dungeon loot changes.

1 Like

I get it but it adds to the overall environment IMO.

We’ve gone the way of quantity over quality of experience in gaming.

I don’t need to run one thing for 2 hours but there has been a severe drop in actually wanting to be a part of a team as it’s all become kind of conveyer belt-y in a way with zero accountability.

Don’t like it, leave, re-queue. Rinse and repeat.

The bar is lowered, more people feel entitled to something and we are all dispensable.

Back on topic though, no I don’t think they’ll ever punish ‘‘leavers’’ in any substantial way… it would just create another wave of complaints. To be fair, they’ve done this to themselves by designing the way that they do.

1 Like

A 410 healer with 2.1k rating complaining about leavers.
Yeah, running keys in healing intensive weeks must be really painful if people are leaving your keys.

No one is obligated to carry you.
Form your own group of underperforming flunkeys or pay for the carries.

It’s more efficient to run with an organized group over pugging. Then your chances of people leaving or rage quitting go down to almost nothing. M+ was meant for smaller organized groups of people, and that’s the optimal way to run it. If you make a conscious choice to do something the un-optimal way, then you need to accept that you’re not always going to get optimal results.

It’s called taking responsibility for the choices we make. But then again, GD isn’t really big on that.

4 Likes

Score will be irrelevant to gearing in 10.1. The only person that gets punished will be the key holder.

LOL, this comment. You realize I never cared to do higher then a 16 and don’t care to get 2400 rating right? I do 1 key a week for my vault and call it done. However if nothing changes, it looks like next season I will be farming 16’s for Mythic ilvl loot.

I donʻt know who decided to bring ducks into WoW but if it is causing

then maybe they should be rethought

8 Likes