New Loot System: Proof they learned nothing about key leavers

Even I think they should not put rewards in place that actively encourage leaving at the first sign of a failed timer. Make it a flat reward for completion, and leave it at that.

Then what is the reward for actually completing the content within the set parameters (one of those being timer), besides more rating? Completing the objective within the constraints should always be more heavily rewarded than not. With rating no longer tied to gear upgrades, the logical reward is a tiered currency structure.

how to kill pugging - instantly… a lesson by Menbearpig

1 Like

Maybe if these things end up being somehow difficult to obtain. But if they fall from the sky as easily as valor…I don’t see it mattering either way.

1 Like

so it’s faster to leave the group to find another one that will have a higher chance at completing the mythic+ key for more fragments.

This was true in all seasons where rating mattered to gearing. Nothing changes. Leavers have a right to leave without punishment if they arent going to complete the content within the restraints that are set.

1 Like

Ofc it was, but now it’s encouraged even more due to not even getting half the fragments if you stick around in a pug after the timer expires. Groups should be encouraged to complete the key, not leave them.

2 Likes

Ofc it was, but now it’s encouraged even more due to not even getting half the fragments if you stick around in a pug after the timer expires.

The feedback should be that that amount should be increased to like 6 or 7 then. That sounds reasonable to me.

1. You complete the dungeon: 6 fragments
  2. You beat the timer: 6 fragments
1 Like

I agree. That’s what this forum topic is about. It should at least be half.

1 Like

Fair. 5 is extraordinarily close to 6 but comparing 5/12 to 1/2 is visually significant. I don’t know how much this curbs the leaver issue though.

One of the main reasons that is making people stick around to complete keys right now is due to gaining bonus valor after key completion, they don’t even have that now in Season 2.

1 Like

This is also the first iteration of the system and changes are 100% expected.

Regardless, time 1 dungeon and complete another = 17 fragments = 1 crest and change.

Complete 3 without time = 15 fragments = 1 crest

You get a crest either way. Currently it takes 3+ dungeons to get enough valor to upgrade any piece except the 250 slots.

Edit: probably 2 with bonus but that really isn’t guaranteed and some of them are 750+ valor

what does /s in obligatory /s mean

Lead gets the key upped?

And the other 4 that contributed?

Finishing a key in time is mostly about upping a key/getting rating. The end of dungeon rewards is/should be for finishing, period.

heck if the only benefit to timing vs not timing is “lead gets the key upped” there’s no reason to worry about timing it.

imo we’re too generous with rewards for failed keys.

2 Likes

You didn’t over come the challenge of the timer.

Doesn’t get downgraded unless you don’t complete the dungeon.

Versus most content where you get nothing. Besides best gear comes from vault which doesn’t care about time.

It does unless this changed for 10.1, or maybe I am just clueless

1 Like

no, it does. if you finish over time your key drops a level. but you do still get vault credit. if I run the 22 nokhud in my bag, I’m not going to time it. at the end I’ll have a 21 something but have vault credit for the 22.

imo the loot should be lower ilvl too.

1 Like

It is - the 2nd piece that drops anyway.

imo the loot should be lower ilvl too.

I think the loot scaling will be much improved with the heroic gear being allowed to be upgraded. It can’t be worse than current.