New Loot System: Proof they learned nothing about key leavers

5 fragments if you don’t time a key, 12 if you do

This is why people leave keys, you punish people too much for not timing. So if a wipe happens, or a run seems a bit slow, people leave.

It’s faster to just start over/run another key then to stay and finish a key. Especially if things go wrong before/just after 1st boss.

21 Likes

M+ being timed is why I’ll never bother with it. It just promotes a certain mindset and can bring out the worse out of players.

32 Likes

Punishing timers just enforces people to not invite lower ilvl/learning players. Just make the group as best as you can to make sure you time. No “chance” taking on players. It isn’t worth risking a failed key.

3 Likes

You mean players get rewarded more for completing timed content under the timer than over? THE HORROR!!! Obligatory /s.

16 Likes

Think about it this way. IF you over time. Then you spent MORE time in the dungeon. You’ve likely had to over come the challenge. It’s bad enough your key gets a downgraded, but then when you make the end rewards worse too, and people likely wont get rating, they take away every possible reason you would bother to stay and finish the key.

3 Likes

I dont know what world you live in but any time content you lose for not making the time. M+ is lenient enough to actually give you something for not timing a key. Be glad we’re not back in legion where failing your key means you’ve depleted it for the week unless some1 is nice enough to run w/ you w/o any rewards

3 Likes

Indeed. You even see it in the low keys used for Valor farming. Low keys are supposed to be for less experienced or newer M+ players. Not overgeared elitists ruining it for them as they want to treat a +2 Key like a +20 Key and kick out those that cannot do it that way perfectly.

2 Likes

players should be given double rewards for not timing a key. After all they failed and need the cheering up. The elitists who like working for their gear can just be happy to gear up slower than the casuals who wipe over and over to quacking (cuz its an elitist mechanic only cod kids can handle)

3 Likes

Not what the OP was asking.

Learn to argue in good faith.

1 Like

I’d it was an easy solution to fix, we would have seen it by now. It’s not just this game, it’s every online game. Beyond mmos too. Shooters, etc. basically any team game.

Heck I’m high school our end group couldn’t get some of the kids to show up to sessions lol. What am I supposed to do, ban them from table top games for a year? :joy:

What should be done is if a key is not time in a reasonable mannar (30mins over the limit) or is reset then everyone in the group all gets thier key downgrade by 1. Not just the key holder but everyone. So if you lave the group then hey you also get punish as well.

This will as least get people to stay and finish the key even if they won’t time it. If the group feels it won’t be completed even if is 30min overtime then sure everyone takes a hit and that’s fair

Eh, for high keys I don’t ever make my own group. So really, this doesn’t fix the leaver problem. A lot of leavers are people who just join others keys.

I’m saying, why is it always “punish punish punish” untimed keys? In more way then 1? Not getting a rating is punishment enough.

They need to ADD reasons to stay and finish keys, not giving you less reward for finishing is a start.

2 Likes

You can still get rating if over time. It depends on your highest finished key. There is no punishment for an untimed key unless it’s your key.

They are, you get currency whether you time it or not. Almost half of what you get for timing it. Seems fair.

In literally any other situation, a person would see this as a reward for timing. But the WoW player’s (or rather, the WoW forum-denizen’s) persecution complex knows no bounds.

They already removed a lot of the incentive for actually timing keys, seeing as you can deplete your way up to KSM and KSH…not to mention that you get full valor for a deplete so long as someone got rating. Maybe you should just come to grips with the fact that you can’t force people to stay in a key they no longer want to participate in.

4 Likes

False, having less currency drop at the end is a big punishment.

Seems like, not worth my time. Especially depending on how much longer the dungeon is gonna take.

1 Like

Currently, there is no difference in currency/loot reward at the end of the dungeon regardless of time or not. Only thing that timing grants is a better IO score and an upgraded key for the key holder. As stated, you can still gain rating from depleted keys (Depleting a 20 when highest timed is an 18 still grants IO unless you were WAAAAAY over time, while also granting vault rewards for a 20).

Most key leavers seem to be terrified of someone seeing a gray mark on their RaiderIO.

1 Like

You aren’t getting punished. You still get a prize when not beating the time.

You just get a bigger reward for timing.

2 Likes

Oh, mythic.

Lol, ok…

Imagine thinking a reward is a punishment. You should get more for doing better. That’s how games work. You don’t even have to get rating to upgrade the gear anymore. What is the problem.

2 Likes

Exactly, Blizzard’s logic is dumb. People in pugs will just leave the key since you don’t even get half of the fragments for even completing it not timed.

2 Likes