New log in screen is so bad…

What exactly is the new login screen? Some perfectly cylindrical meteorite with a weird chat-dialog-edge frame chain around it?

Feels weird that it’s so perfectly circular and spinning.

I know they read most of the forums in general, and definitely the CC forum. I’m fairly certain they have tools to help summarize and get as much feedback as possible from the forums. More than any other modality Blizzard looks to the forums for feedback - it’s why they post all of their updates here and asks for feedback!

That said, yeah they’ve been pretty silent on this. It’s fair to assume they either want to keep the screen, keep the screen for only the first season, update it for Season 1, or want to have it the entirety of TWW. It’s hard to know, and maybe they haven’t decided yet.

Hopefully we hear more soon™!

damn, that hit me right in the feels…

1 Like

For the record, my favorite flavor of login screen is…

VANILLA

4 Likes

I mean it looks like it’s cracking in the middle so I’m ASSUMING it will be more dynamic this expansion and change over time to reveal things? If not, it will be very boring.

1 Like

Its not only the login screen, When was the last Community Council live chat with Devs? Dec 12 last year…

1 Like

It’s trying to be symbolic instead of scenic. The middle thing is supposedly Azeroth’s core, probably “Breaking” or maybe hatching. We’re gonna learn more about what’s happening there during the World Soul Saga (the next 3 expansions). The stuff around Azeroth is Titan-esque, maybe?

You can see the very same look in the upper left hand corner with the expansion logo. Azeroth is usually behind the World of Warcraft Logo. Currently it’s glowing/crumbling/breaking with the same hot tint in color as the login screen.

Someone also did suggest that maybe the login screen will thematically change over the next 3 expansions depending on what’s happening to Azeroth. But if so… we’re in for 2 more expansions with symbolic login screens.

1 Like

It looks fine on my system with a Del 27" monitor powered by a 3070Ti. Lots of detail and the movement of embers and the “wheel” slow spinning looks rather cool. Won’t mind seeing this for a while.

2 Likes

Get ready to be served a can of disappointment with …soya sauce

1 Like

What if some spooky shadowy void hands start reaching out of it one day we log in. :eyes: or worse, Magni pops his head through when it breaks and go “we gotta heal her woons champion!”

5 Likes

it is bad and look’s lazy and the music not very good

1 Like

Yep. And to me, is a throwback to the covers of the Myst books:

I expect this WoW trilogy to do similar. They’ll theme the colors around the logos and the center of them, too.

And I personally like it. The screen is sharp, clean and a little ominous.

2 Likes

It looks quite bland after DF’s login screen with Alexstraza flying around.

mine is better.

2 Likes

but i mean this isnt a book.

People will complain about literally anything. When have they ever released a log in screen purely for Pre-Patch?

1 Like

It is a trilogy. And they probably want the login screens to match for all of them in a similar way.

A log in screen is cool the first few times when the game is new but after that you’re just logging in and - BOOM - character screen. And since warbands are now a thing with the possibility of changing backgrounds it’s probably where you’ll spend most of your time anyhow.

yeah but it still seems lazy. its a digital medium. they could make a digital login screen of a animated book but didnt…this seems like it belongs in hearthstone.

I never understood the “lazy” perspective on this.

Every other login screen is just slightly animated stuff they already had sitting around.

Is that lazy, too?

Do you people just hate different design? Do you know nothing about digital art to comprehend that this took probably the same time as it did to copy paste an existing scene and add an animation, too?

I’m so tired of hearing “bUt It’S lAzY!!!”

1 Like