New Loa of change and moonkin. Q'onzu

This and what you mentioned below about more druids is exactly why I wanted to see PTR for myself. Q’onzu being the only Loa present is the biggest issue I have more so than Q’onzu’s existence, tbh. Even if people argue that it hasn’t been that long since the war, the protection of the dream is one of the few uniting moments the Ancients and Loa can have.

I can say there’s been more than just night elves and night elven druid forms about, some even have little written blurbs and I really wasn’t expecting to see as many Lun’alai as I did. So it’s at least a thought in the designers’ minds as opposed to Zen’tabra and Loti’s one note cameo earlier in the expansion.

10 Likes

Ugh, Owls and trolls don’t really mix well. I really hope this unindentifiable thingy that refers to itself in plural form won’t replace an actual Loa or pretend to be related to trolls.
Because Trolls - except Amani, aren’t really fans of Birds, and don’t worship any bird Loas as they see them as “too fickle”.

Let’s not mention that there was a wasted oportiunity to Make Zanda druids Sun druids. Lunar theme doesn’t fit them at all.

Bottomline is - I really hate homogenisation, and I wish devs would focus on fleshing out what makes each practice class/race combo unique in itself, instead of trying to push everyone to one box.

Tauren and Nelves can be the OG druids, and do all the dream stuff, even Worgen as they came from nelves, but I always saw Trolls as completely different beast, so it’s disappointing to see this kind approach.

3 Likes

I mean we definitely have more owl stuff than eagle stuff so why not at this point. I also just think that’s old af lore to dictate things by when blizz couldn’t even be bothered to flesh out Akil’zon or Akil’darah beyond their bits of lore. The idea of Zandalari having more sun aspects to their forms is a nice one though, I’ll admit I’ve never thought much of it in the druid aspect because my character and writing centers more around Gonk. And Rezan being a Loa connected to light never… leaned into more sun motifs besides his Tales of De Loa story. So when I play guardian in 10.2 and I’m set on fire by my new setbonus, I’ll keep this in mind.

Ursoc’s fury remembered? :thinking: :question:

No, Rezan’s fury remembered. :point_left: :dracthyr_nod:

2 Likes

Well I liked that bit, because it came directly from Darkspear troll back in TBC. So seeing how Darkspears are always pushed to the corner more and more, and constaly lose stuff that is defining to them, it’s sad to see them being treated with “Whatever, whatever, it will work”.

Owls are as much associated with nelves as raptors are with trolls, so I am not a fan of giving something that doesn’t have easthetical connection from one race to another.

But I do think that Loas should appear - at least Gonk, seeing as he is equivalent of Cenarius to Trolls. Not to mention he looks super cool.

4 Likes

That’s interestingly enough not a topic I see too much of, but also unsurprisingly so because I’ve seen less specifically darkspear troll rpers over every other tribe out there in lore. I think it’s definitely a shame if you’re an avid darkspear troll fan, but I hope it’s not controversial to say that this is also an issue with how the world building and lore was. I’m also really biased towards birds lmao… sorry. I’d definitely feel more strongly if we had like… a horse Loa.

And yeah, I think Gonk would be a great fit because there’s supposed to be a dream raptor army, and who the heck else would be involved with that, let alone leading it, BUT him. But I also think this is a huge missed opportunity for Torcali because we’ve literally had her walking through the waking world and the emerald dream. All the world is her temple, so why wouldn’t she be involved in protecting the dream, too? I know we’re not seeing everything on ptr right now, so I guess I can hope that either of them or some of the other Loa do become involved regardless of this being a nelf focused story.

2 Likes

Lol, it’s not me being biased against birds (I like birds), It’s more about keeping lore consistency, and not retconning stuff each time devs are meeting inconvenience on their way.
And are you surprised why Darkspares aren’t that popular?
Each time it seems they’re about to get something they get hamstringed. And Vol’Jin was the best example of it. That stuff was criminal.
They don’t really get any meaningful stuff, and when they do, like Darkspear revolution it’s undermined at some point sooner or later.

They really need to get something on their own, Actual agency and aim to achieve, memorable heroes and achievements that are entierely on their own and something truly distinctive. That is 100% just theirs.
And not just them, as I try to keep tabs on everyone, I guess it’s just me having soft spot for underdogs.

Oh and I agree about Torcali and other Loa, that is super fascinating subject, and it’s also a pity that they don’t even try to break the pattern and try to approach the subject from different perspective. I think Troll players would be happy with just small questchain where they Learn what their deities are doing, and how can they assist them, and that’s it.

2 Likes

I do feel that it was a bit redundant to create a Bird Loa. We already have Avianna to fill that roll.

I think it has something to do with the moonkin forms, but I think it would be much better if they gave some cool and funny Moonkin character that is derping around, and make people appreciate them.

If I’m going to be related to that thing I might switch specs forever :unamused: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Aviana’s not a loa, though. I figure the purpose was to create a character that a troll druid player would be more interested in.

I don’t want to go too off topic on speaking more about trolls than Q’onzu, but I definitely am not surprised. Their relation to the zandalari in bfa felt less like trolls interested in gathering together without zul’s influence and more like, well there’s a war. I can’t say I’m fond of the way vol’jin was so undelicately shoved back into troll lore and all either, as much as I liked his character before. But I have a personal view with personal beef regarding the original author that I’m not getting into.

Yeah I would absolutely love to see something like this. Like I said, plenty of avenues with Gonk and Torcali already. It would have been a good time to bring up Jan’alai, even, to literally fight fire with fire. (though I think not being involved is a bit of a blessing in disguise. Imagine them bringing some Loa up just to get the monkey’s paw and die.)

2 Likes

Up until laat week Wild Gods and Loas were the sane thing…

Anyway if they wanted to create a Loa trolla would be interested in I don’t think they thought that through… Tbh it’s easier for me to picture Trolls following Avianna than a Fancy Owl :man_shrugging:t2:

I think you know what I meant, though. Aviana’s more relevant to night elf druids, and having a nature spirit that specifically wants to be called a loa will hit differently.

Also I read the owl’s name is adapted from the Egyptian mythological moon god Chonsu.

1 Like

I didn’t make any comment about good alliance content. Just a statement that the night elf owl is being made to replace one of the only two good and powerful troll loa.

It’s not replacing anything. You just like to complain about anything that’s remotely tied to the night elves.

It’s tiring at this point

1 Like

Loa of change? Getting Tzeentchian vibes already.

1 Like

Now that you mention it the bird basically is Slaanesh without the bondage gear. Same sort of personality where they do whatever they want if it’s amusing to them, just restrained by a teen ESRB rating.

1 Like

Players wanted every race to play every class. People tried to warn them :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Did Elune create the Moonkin, as shown in Vanilla, or not?

Yes, one of the questions the obnoxious bird has you answer is who made the moonkin, and the correct answer was “Elune”.

2 Likes