New Loa of change and moonkin. Q'onzu

Speaking of which that reminds me of a hilarious quest in Legion where Moonkins went berserk on dryads. Technically they’re related, so lol.

Dude.
It’s literally a loa of the same exact thing as Gonk.

2 Likes

Okay.

Point is what exactly?

Gonk still exists and isn’t going anywhere

Again, this isn’t even true. Like it’s reasonable to be upset about more Loa not being shown, but it’s just lame to even say Q’onzu is “the same exact thing” as Gonk when Gonk has multiple titles.

4 Likes

Blizzard: “We’ll make an owl the loa of change. Haha funny Warhammer reference XD”
Dumb WoW screechers: “SO GONK IS GETTING RETCONNNNEEED OUT OF EXISTENCE???”

Then where is he?

1 Like

“If he isn’t in this patch he’s been replaced”
You are an actual simpleton.

5 Likes

Exactly where we left him. Safe and very much alive. In Zuldazar

And why is he not here to protect the emerald dream?

3 Likes

Why would he be interested is a better question.

But Night elves getting content doesn’t mean Gonk is suddenly getting replaced or deleted

1 Like

Gonk has no connection to the Emerald Dream?

He reincarnates in ardenweald.
Ardenweald is part of the emerald dream cycle.
He is beholden to it.

1 Like

??? “Why would Gonk, who has connections to the Emerald Dream like many other Loa do, be interested in the Emerald Dream being in peril?”

3 Likes

Outside of the cycle of rebirth in Ardenweald? Not that I know of. But you know, I could be misremembering

Either way, I was just pointing out that Gonk isn’t being replaced because he didn’t show up for a NE content patch

He didn’t show up in a NE content patch wherein a new nelf loa of change – which is Gonk’s portfolio – is being portrayed.

It’s a new character. Relax dude. You’re always on the verge of a full on breakdown when ever Night elves or anyone allied with them show up

4 Likes

It’s a new character in an emerald dream threatening scenario wherein the loa they are replacing is not present.

Furthermore, they’re even a reflection of gonk. Gonk was the loa of change but he was accompanied by raptors where this new owl is accompanied by owl kin.

He’s one of two Loa that walk the Dream freely, the other is Torcali, and have done so for a long time. It wouldn’t be a stretch to say that this is probably how and why he’s able to gift the Boon of Shapes to his most devout followers (raptari druids), where as the old lore references from Cata regarded troll druids having to learn different shapes from different Loa.

Like in regards to other repeating topics: saying he’s the same as the Loa of Change is like saying he’s the Loa of pouring water vs the Loa of the sea. Which he’s not, it’s just an example.

2 Likes

Gonk has a ton of names…

The Great Hunter
Lord of the Pack
Loa of the Hunt
Master of shapes
Packstrider
Lord of the hunt
Loa of Shapes

None of which are ‘Loa of Change’, the ‘change’ part may be referring to metaphysical change, seasonal changes, changes in surroundings, etc. Do we even know that Q’onzu’s ‘change’ moniker is even associated with shapeshifting like it is for Gonk?

While I think it’s weird that there isn’t any other Loa presence in the Emerald Dream aside from Q’onzu (that we know of so far), I don’t think Q’onzu’s existence is replacing anything. We have a few examples of Loa sharing characteristics, most prominently both Bwonsamdi AND Mueh’zala are Death Loas. One doesn’t negate the other.

Qonzu is intended to represent gender identity, which is fine. They could’ve just been the loa of self, identity, or truth.

Instead they’re the loa of change and gonk is nowhere to be seen after a fifteen year stretch of blizzard ignoring horde characters except to villainize and/or kill them.