New Loa of change and moonkin. Q'onzu

https://twitter.com/Cladriah/status/1699914001243861110

Credit to Cladriah on twitter for being the first person(that I’ve seen) talk about this new Loa.

The fact that it’s wearing what seems to be Night Elf inspired iconography but in a more primitive styling leads me to believe that this might have been worshipped by Dark Trolls before they evolved into Night Elves. Thoughts?

Edit: Welp my speculation wasn’t true at all. Oh well.

2 Likes

From what I can tell. They are originally the moonkin wild god, but they pissed off all the other wild gods and got banished from the Dream. Decided to become a loa. This seems to be a new change.

2 Likes

That’s decidedly less interesting than my speculation. And Loa or Ancient being a hard distinction rather than just different terms for the same thing used by different reaces is meh tbh.

That does not seem to be quite right, given elune created the moonkin. here is what the quest has given me on them so far.

From the interactions we have …they are sort of an jerk, tbh. Kinda get Bwonsamdi vibes from him.

4 Likes

Who ever conceived of Q’onzu needs a raise, because I love them.

The smugness of their little face, the crown they wear, the fact that they do as they please in the face of their more principled wild god associates…perfection.

16 Likes

So how many of those Owls are there? So far I’ve only seen Q’onzu… is he part of a group of Loas dedicated to change?

1 Like

Does this negate/retcon the theory that Elune created the moonkin?

… it would be so awful, but so funny if Aessina talking like that actually stays in the game.

Like the most mysterious and primordial wild god we actually have in the roster just talks like that.

1 Like

No. Nothing says that so far. They are as of right now just a jerk wild god with a posse of owlkin and birds.

3 Likes

Another Lady Moonberry in otherwords…

1 Like

No, it’s just them at the moment.
Q’onzu goes by they/them and not he/him or she/her.

4 Likes

Oh ok thank you for clarifying that to me… I’m from South America and I speak spanish so things get lost during translation from time to time… Here we still use they/them for plural.

We do too. English is just one of those weird languages where its grammar rules are incredibly flexible and prone to drift.

2 Likes

Not to be dramatic, but I will die for Q’onzu.

So cute. So smug. So… perfect. :face_holding_back_tears: Settle for nothing less my arrogant little bebe.

… kinda want a Troll Balance Druid that worships Q’onzu now I won’t even lie.

7 Likes

I hated every second I had to speak to that thing. I’m with the other Wild Gods on this one. He’s the worst.

2 Likes

Do you happen to have the flavor text for the ‘Who are you?’ prompt when talking to them?

I did the quests up until he disappeared leaving behind a feather. I just don’t like anyone with that annoying attitude. In fact it reminded me of Nathanos who I can’t stand either. In get some people like these type of characters but I just don’t see the appeal about someone being that smug for no reason.

3 Likes

Ah okay! I’ll have to wait 'til the content comes out to see more of them!

TBH that kind of 'tude is more in line with a Loa so I see why they may have taken up that mantle over that of a Wild God.

I hope them opting to be a Loa over a Wild God is depicted as a more lateral move than a ‘less than’ move. I don’t want them to depict Loa as lesser beings when they’re essentially the same thing.

2 Likes

Seriously?
Pronous shouldn’t be abused like that, because it’s causing nothing but confusion. If we’re talking baout a single entity then it should be reffered as single entitity, so he/she/it.
I hope it will be fixed. Becuase it’s such a nonsense.

5 Likes

(¬_¬)

…wat

1 Like