New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

Reminder: This change is ridiculously bad. Get an anti cheat and keep banning bots. Get rid of this trash change.

6 Likes

I have no doubt that if the cap were at 35 or 40, players abusing the instance resets would still want more.

2 Likes

As it should, seeing as it is used as a boosting and farming piñata.

If you cannot find something to do as a L60 outside of an instance, you are not looking very hard. Have you considered playing retail?

1 Like

Is this your endgame? 158 posts in this thread to hopefully push people to retail?

2 Likes

My “endgame” is for players to play the game that gives them the most fulfilment without harming the experience of the other players. If that means going (back?) to retail, so be it.

Glad to see you so concerned about my post count, but I don’t see the relevence.

No I interpret that as your husband wanting to AFK his warrior to 60 by sitting in the entrance tunnel to cath and not actually playing the game. Getting 20+ levels in a day without hitting a single mob or completing a single quest certainly sounds like an exploit to me.

4 Likes

Check out the Extended History over at WoWTokenPrices. Look at the spike in token prices after Jun 16th (after this limit was implemented).

This totally worked on stopping bots.

:rofl:

1 Like

Best of luck in your mission. I imagine there are quite a few classic players like me who didn’t come from retail and would sooner quit than go to retail.

It speaks to the effort and dedication to your cause.

2 Likes

How is farming dungeons hurting other players? I don’t know if you realize how easy it is to hit instance cap if you are farming linen cloth for the war effort. THe dungeon runs take about 5 minutes.

2 Likes

Or amount of obtuse, bias, information and trolling he performs as a white knight fanboi dedicated to defending Blizz whenever they screw up and don’t admit it.

3 Likes

Gold entering into the economy literally affects every single player.
Doing 5 minute runs to accumulate bizarre amounts of linen for upcoming content that in vanilla we did not even know about, is cheesy to say the least, and I have zero sympathy for someone hitting the instance cap doing so.

Look at this kid, thinking I am a blizzard fanboi. You MUST be new around here.

You didnt know that you could solo RFC at level 60 back in 2005? That is in large part how my server farmed the 90,000 linen cloth after the war effort was released.

It really sounds like you just dislike anyone who can farm more than you.

5 Likes

Are you trying to miss the point or do you actually just not understand what was written? IN REGARD TO THE WAR EFFORT: nobody knew ahead of time to farm tens of thousands of pieces of linen.

I am fully behind this change still. I’ve seen remarkable effects on the game because of it. Keep up the good work Blizzard!

4 Likes

Yea… dude doesn’t seem like he has a fully functioning brain

2 Likes

Really curious what effects you’re seeing because I’ve seen the opposite. I’ve seen more bots in the past 5 days than I have in the past 9 months playing classic. Yesterday I was at SM leveling up my alts weapon skill and I saw 40-50 bots running into SM as multiboxers. No guild, random strings for names like “FoifSDFxdfm”. I killed 20 or so that were the opposite faction. There are more bots in the world than ever before. Even straight from Blizzards mouth, they are banning 2-4k bots A DAY. I’ve seen a lot of those bots running around the world. They don’t even try and hide it lol. All you have to do to find them is log on late at night and look around SM, ZF, the hinterlands, arathi highlands, or basically anywhere in winterspring. It’s ridiculous. The botters do this, and the players get the short end of the stick with the 30 instance cap. It’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

Oh look, it is the anti-cap player who said they quit because of the cap, created a slew of threads on it, and is still here harping on it, and capping it off with TOS breaking blatant insults aimed at those who disagree with him.

1 Like

Could you elaborate on remarkable effects?

Because all I’ve seen is skyrocketing prices and bots farming out in the world preventing those of us from doing anything.

And now we can’t farm inside instances to get away from them either.

Subscription losses, fewer people running dungeons, more bots in the open world, tons of people upset.

Everything a retail troll wants.

2 Likes

Such an ego… Not all of us consider posting on the Blizzard forums to be a lifestyle nor do we care about your previous positions on various issues.

You’d be rioting if they implemented a post limit in the same style as instance limits given that you’re obviously more involved with posting here than the game itself.

3 Likes