New Human Racial replacing Diplomacy

I’d say it ties with Night Elf dead movement, tbh. Neither is any good, but unlike Dwarven Archeology they work, technically.

Will to Survive isn’t very good either, though. It’s worse than any active racial I can recall. Half the time you can’t even break the stun if it is in a raid anyway, and other stuns are entirely avoidable.

I’d love a +5 tradeskill tbh.

5 Likes

I don’t mind the change to be honest, but I would’ve rather if they changed it to something more that makes up the racial. Something maybe like, maybe increase experience gains killing a mob that rewards experience.

1 Like

Even in PvP it’s not that useful since so many classes in modern/retail WoW have stuns… so you just get “spammed” with DR-stuns while you die without being able to fight back or play your character

It also sets your trinket on cd

3 Likes

This situation is very niche and is already circumvented by having people summon you.

7 Likes

That’s hilarious. That’s probably the most useless racial in the game.

:rofl:

11 Likes

holy nerf, Batman

3 Likes

This is one of those things that makes you say “huh”.

3 Likes

It’s better than Dwarf Archeology. But not by much.

1 Like

Wow. This is in no way comparable to Diplomacy. This idea is truly awful. I guess it’s a good way to boost revenue from race changes.

18 Likes

Very much this

2 Likes

That’s pretty much an open “F** you human players” from the devs. Jeez… :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty bad. Diplomacy used to be far and away the best racial for humans, unless you are counting having armor sets that have shoes I suppose. Now… A racial that technically exists.

11 Likes

Yeah I think the real problem is that Will to Survive is among the weakest active racials in the game. It’s supposed to be a highlight because it’s our active ability, but it’s just meh.

My biggest gripe with the tradeskill ones is that they’re really only useful if you actually have that tradeskill. As somebody who likes making alts, I’m not gonna make every single Draenei I make a Jewelcrafter.

If they want to play into the whole “Human versatility” thing that so much fantasy does, they could do something similar to what the Zandalari Trolls have. Just where they get to pick a Loa, we’d get to pick one of the 7 Human kingdoms and get a bonus based on it.

Honestly looking at the racials, a lot of the old races seem like they could use a bit of a rework to make their racials more interesting.

4 Likes

Wow, it’s garbage.

10 Likes

Honestly? A 3-day cd active to pick a human nation to champion/embody/whatever would’ve been a great idea, even if they ended up being passives we’d be promised… An option that isn’t 10 minute hearthstone coupled with “break a stun, you can’t do that while stunned” making for a pretty terrible racial kit.

3 Likes

I feel like this is not thematic to humans at all, at least name wise. But that could be changed. I think it is fine as a replacement to a non-combat racial, but the name needs work.

Like how they changed Every Man For Himself to Will to Survive.

It is definitely far from fine. Coupled with Will to Survive as a very, very weak active, and diplomacy having formerly been our best racial, this is awful.

6 Likes

Not really. Getting rep done as soon as possible became less necessary as they stopped putting less power into reps. The majority of reps in DF provide you with just fun things and quests. The items that they do give don’t really scale well at all, and are not necessary as they were in the past to get pre-BIS.

Humans in a guild will have a 10 minute cooldown on hearthstones. That’s not a bad racial to have.

1 Like

Firstly, you got a heroic piece at the end of Valdrakken, Loamm, and Dream Warden reps, as well as getting a veteran and champion track piece earlier for the later two. Secondly, the amount of recipes and bonus crafting knowledge was huge. Thirdly, a 10 minute hearthstone doesn’t help, I have never needed to use it twice within 15 minutes the whole expansion.

8 Likes