New Hero LICH CLASS!

Isn’t Redemption is the name of the Paladin resurrection ability?

You mean paladins?

Paladins were literally a hero unit in WC3.

So…Unholy…if it sucked less?

I know Blizzard plays loose-y goose-y with RPG concepts, and I know most WoW players have never touched a pen and paper RPG, but this would be ridiculous. Like, the highest order of ridiculous.

Liches are supremely evil; they entreat the literal concepts of evil in their universe to empower them. They are the antithesis of life, and literal tears in the balance of creation. It requires an immense amount soul stealing, soul containing, and soul destruction. Literal mortal sacrifices, in the most evil manners conceivable. Hearts must be collected, for use in rituals that profane the names of good and neutral gods.

And then, after proving yourself to be one of the most evil things on your planet, you cut your own heart out (hide it in a phylactery, toss it in a tomb somewhere forgotten), and your spirit must funnel all those souls you’ve collected into the hole. THEN your spirit has to re-bind itself to your dying form in order to become one of the unliving. Succeed, and then you’re only probably still just a demi-lich, you’ve got to become evil itself to be a full on lich.

You aren’t saving, or working with, anyone. Ever. Liches are the reason enemies like the Alliance and the Horde team up. A lich is too powerful to even bother with any type of gear WoW offers; you’re formed from evil on a conceptual level. Literal artifacts would be too weak for you to wield. This would be a laughably bad idea, no story could justify this.

3 Likes

it would be 9000% better then a tinker class.

3 Likes

I would definitely resub if the Lich hero class was confirmed. Honestly it would be far more interesting than a tinker class, and would totally fit into the Shadowlands aesthetic. I would even be ok with it if instead of a class was a 4th spec for death knights or warlocks. There are many signs in the game of death-related content (Sylvanas’s never-before-seen magic against Saurfang, the Blighted Lands and Gorak Tul’s magic, the Loa of Death Mueh’zala).

I understand Liches/necromancers might appear mechanically similar to warlocks, but demonology warlocks used to have metamorphosis and it was taken away to create the demon hunter hero class. None of the introduced new classes (dk, monk, dh) have ranged dps specs, it would be nice to see a new class with a ranged spec and maybe a healing spec.

From a lore/immersion point of view, having a unique starting quest zone where your character has the gruesome goal of becoming a Lich under the guidance of Kel’Thuzad (since his phylactery wasn’t found) would be beyond amazing and push the horizon of possibilities for this game.

I remember people asking this about death knights when details about them started getting leaked

1 Like

Ive been saying for years that mail should be merged with leather or plate and that shaman should be plate and hunter leather

1 Like

Same can be said of DK’s, even DH’s requires corrupting themselves with some of the most evil stuff in the setting

1 Like

Hmmm wonder if DK fire spec leaks are because frost DK are gonna get pruned so hard for this? :thinking:

If we get a tinker class, it’ll really show how out of touch blizzard is with their player base.

5 Likes

sad thing is only a few want it.

So I don’t know if Lich hero class is true, since if they planned Tinker class all along, they won’t probably be able to change anyway. So let’s just talk for the sake of it.

Perhaps not in WarCraft, but Liches are really powerful in Baldur’s Gate 2. Firstly they’re immune to normal and +1, +2 weapons. So unless you have rather powerful magical weapons, your warriors can’t physically hurt a Lich. Even with +3 weapons, you still need to cut through its mirror images and stone skins (those spells are put in Chain Contingency, and triggered by sight of enemy). And when the Lich’s down to half HP, the Contingency spell kicks in with Protection From Magical Weapon, which grants the Lich 3 rounds of complete physical invulnerability.

Secondly, Liches are immune to spells up to the 5th level, so you can’t use Breach to dispell its Mirror Images and Stone Skins. Spells like Lightening Bolt, Fire Ball etc. also don’t work. In addition, Liches are immune to cold, can’t be feared/stunned/charmed etc.

Thirdly, Liches have access to the 9th level spell and generally have more spells per level at disposal. It will immediately cast Time Stop when encountering a group of adventurers. Then it’ll cast some AOE crowd control spells, such as Symbol: Fear or Symbol: Stun, these spells disregard magic resistence, and impose a penalty (-4) to the targets’ saving throws.

If the adventures have summoned creatures, the Lich will use a Death Spell to automatically slay them. Or it can itself summon a Pit Fiend through Gate. Or it can simply cast an AOE damage spell, such as Meteor Swarm or Horrid Wilting.

When the group of adventurers after the Time Stop is mostly disabled, the Lich will cast Finger of Death, Disintegrate at them one by one. If those are depleted, it’ll cast the 9th level spell Imprisonment, which doesn’t allow saving throw, and disregard magic resistence.

Those got imprisoned have their body disintegrated, and their souls trapped in the Liche’s teeth. Those are called Soul Gems? It’s really a cool concept, very sadistic. Apparently, a lich has 8 Soul Gems, so plenty of room for an ordinary 6-man team.

So what I’m trying to say is, Liches are Boss. Some say only second to dragons, obviously I’m a fan, but… this also makes me not very confident that they can do them justice.

Uh excuse me? Tinkers in an expac about Death? Ghostbusters?

2 Likes

Does this mean I’d be able to do competitive dps by just auto attacking? Since we don’t really have that many attacks already as frost. :stuck_out_tongue:

NOOO Mail should def be plate

It would be very interesting for sure but it doesnt have enough evidence yet and on top of that I just find it weird ya know?

You have heard…incorrectly.

This sounds bogus.

Unless they are the ones creating the link between our world and the Shadowlands next expansion.

Possibly even some “Ghostbusters” type items for us to use?

Tinkers could make total sense if you think about it.

3 Likes