New Hero LICH CLASS!

New lich class??? ive heard that there was a chinese forum lol, out of all places that has some credibility in getting stuff right, and they say there will be a new Hero Lich class for the next “Death” themed expansion!

This is alot more promising than a “Tinker” class…i dont want a tinker class…and a lich class that casts seems super awesome imo…what do you guys think?

18 Likes

Unlikely.

If Necromancers are UH death knights + warlocks.

then Lich would just be frost DK’s + frost mages.

I would agree however with tinkers being less likely. They just have no relevance to the story line.

7 Likes

It’s the current leak out on the web. While I do doubt it, I give credit where credit is due, and the forums this leak was posted on, have a good history of accurate leaks.

Being a Chinese website its more obscure and less cracked down on by Western companies who don’t want their stuff leaked.

But yes, A Lich Hero class, along with a return of Kel’thuzad and Ner’zhul as characters.

9 Likes

Im in the same boat, been wanting a necromancer class for years, so Id love a Lich. And getting a Lich class would be a great taunt to all of those weirdoes that support the Tinker class.

20 Likes

The leak also references a level squish, with 50 being the starting point for max level characters at the start of next expansion.

As well as a removal of Mail gear entirely, being merged into plate and leather respectively.

While these sound outlandish, people who post leaks like this for clout and attention, typically don’t do so on obscure chinese forums that not many people would find.

1 Like

What unique thing would a lich class bring that we don’t already have though?

Sylvanas’s Dark Rangers would be more unique compared to hunters, than a Lich would compared to Death Knights.

3 Likes

Necromancer class seeking to become a Lich… seeking out knowledge to create a phylactory… finding a good place to hide it…

I’d be excited for it.

7 Likes

Well being able to call yourself a Lich, for starters. Dammit, if this is true i am so angry we didnt have them during legion. Can you imagine the sick designs their weapons would be? DAMN.

Maybe a Unique Healer class , rez your fallen teammates during raids on a timer. Maybe like a 2 minute life then they die again as time expires except you can do it 2-4 times. before it goes on a 10min CD. It would force new boss fight design around the ability to effectively mess up a few times.

1 Like

I’m really not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, I love necromancer type stuff. On the other hand, the name just strikes me as strange for a class. But I’d be okay with it if it was kind of like the Paladin/Priest divide. Although I wonder if liches will be able to look normal or if they will be skeleton or undead looking only.

Someone help me find the biggest hammer in the world, so I can smash that unsubscribe button!

3 Likes

Definitely skeleton/undead looking. I think you only become a Lich by killing yourself and having your soul or something stored in the whatsitcalled.

1 Like

I’ll wait till its in the game and I see how it functionally works before I make any final judges on a level squish.

I’m not a fan either, but if it opens up doors to completely rework the talent system without it getting absurdly long and clustered, i’m fine with it. As that is why it was simplified to begin with.

I think they were talking about DKs. At least I hope so. Otherwise, they’ll be taking talents away from DKs and giving them to Licks. lol

If we’re lucky, the L.I.C.H. (Lifeform Incinerating Culinary Hero) will be the first case of the Cult of the Damned’s Bake Sale division becoming playable. As we’ve seen in Scholomance they can get really aggressive with their sales pitch.

Thus the day I can remake Lacryma into an evil Girl Scout that throws baked goods at her foes, and kills people with artisan bread will be a good day; as I will have seen my dream class become a reality. L.I.C.H. sounds all sorts of awesome, especially since we have one in the lore already.

He is called Nomi.

:bread: :bagel: :skull: :bagel: :bread:

14 Likes

Aye, i’ve heard about this. I hope it’s true, Necromancer or Lich and i’d never play anything else even if they were the worst class out there.

4 Likes

I mean, technically, arent we all already a lich kinda sorta? I mean, we die and can still return to our bodies without the aid of anybody using a Resurrection spell.

3 Likes

Shhh, Khadgar will hear you!

Fun fact by the way, only Demon Hunters actually get a reference to this fact if they choose to sacrifice themselves to power a portal instead of the other one there. Illidan will say to them that they have a demon soul like him and that you cannot truly die in the normal way like him.

That’s just Demon Hunters though, but I like that they have a specific explanation for themselves.

6 Likes

Yeah ive always wondered about that part of the quest. If you sacrifice yourself you come back pretty much right away, but if you sacrifice your buddy he pretty much stays as a soul

Aye, the surprise in Illidan’s reaction being the implication that this is actually a rare thing. Not every DH has that and you’re a special case, essentially.

Lorewise what it essentially means is that you’re corrupted enough that you have officially become a demon, more or less, because your soul is now like one entirely to the point that you can only die a true death under certain circumstances.

1 Like

And then only being able to resurrect from your phylactery. Hope you didn’t hide it somewhere you can’t escape from.

1 Like