New forum function - posting anonymously, as Anonymous

I can’t. I’m a Neptunian.

1 Like

If u have to say it anonymously, then you probably shouldn’t be saying anything at all.

7 Likes

Serious question: Do you have a link to that? I don’t recall that post (and he would have said CoC, not ToS).

2 Likes

The only thing your suggestion would do is increase harassment and trolls. Hell to the no.

I haven’t replied back to them, because I don’t know how calling someone by a previous forum name is a call out.

And the only comments I know off is naming and shaming by one of the CM’s, but that is about it.

EDIT: Oh, and plus, I have them on ignore, so I shouldn’t be replying if they are on the ignore.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I’m curious. Calling someone out, making an accusation of something like cheating or botting, that sort of thing is absolutely against the Code of Conduct. But if there’s a quote from Vrak, I’m happy to read it.

I just worry that it’s being taken out of context there.

Edit:

Technically that’s not against the rules on the forums. But yeah, I try not to engage with people I have on ignore too.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just went searching and found nothing mentioned by Vrak, nor have found anything from Orylia too. I think they have taken the post out of context. I mean, if they think I’m breaching the rules, they should just flag me and let the moderation decide on whether the CoC has been breached.

I know.

1 Like

mb phone issues trying to post

Just to clarify, I wasn’t specifically talking about this. That isn’t to say accusing people of posting on alts/sockpuppeting is particularly productive, but my comment was in response to a thread that was calling another poster out for possible harassment.

Call out posts run contrary to our policies and are usually removed or edited when found.

~Vrakthris

1 Like

Regardless of it’s size, it’s still called a planet. So to me, it’s a planet.

Well, you’re allowed to be wrong…so I guess we’ll have to live with that.

But if that’s how you’re rolling, be sure to learn the names of all of the other “planets” in our solar system. I had 2 of them in my post, but there are more.

Meh, I’ll just help you out…the dwarf planets in our solar system are Ceres, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake, and Eris. There are debatably more, but those are the ones recognized by NASA.

2 Likes

Stop being so Planetist. A planet is a planet, regardless if it is a dwarf in a bar or a gas giant that can’t fit into anywhere.

1 Like

I’d like to counter your offer with only allowing people to post with their bnet id’s so they can’t troll.

1 Like

I can send you one if you want to feel special… but I don’t hate you so I don’t know how good it will be.

1 Like

Oh, I thought that you had a post where Vrak said listing another player’s alt (calling them by one of their other posting character names) was a violation. I didn’t think it was and that post from Vrak confirms it’s not.

Yes, calling out another player and accusing them of something is generally against the rules. But saying someone has posted on multiple characters or using their other posting character name is not.

9 Likes

Its funny, there have been so many comments over the years about how great vanilla wow was because with its single servers your reputation was important and it made the game better because of that. Yet having the same thing, effectively, on this forum would somehow be bad… :thinking:

5 Likes

if it’s intent was good then sure, but to that response it wasn’t.

1 Like

It would be great if they added b-tags for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My Btag is Akston#1343.

By this being posted, I am obviously not self confident, I have less privacy, and less security.

4 Likes

Hackerman has entered the chat

2 Likes