New forum function - posting anonymously, as Anonymous

posting as night elf hunter character. other player already faked my quote and reposted on twitter , targeted harassment. Reported here and there.

Anonymous posting would help because such players would not know exactly your characters name/realm/ lvl.

1 Like

Basically for the wow forums to convert to the formula made famous by 4chan

5 Likes

Show me evidence of that. Provide some examples of that working on another gaming forum, message board, social media. Anything to support your assertion. If you could do that I’m positive you’d have people consider what you’re claiming. Unfortunately you will not, and more importantly cannot which as many people have repeatedly told you means you seek to benefit from anonymity to enable no repercussions for trolling.

2 Likes

Your second mistake was still using Twitter. Your first mistake was thinking your idea had any merit.

3 Likes

“oh my gosh I can’t believe I have to post as my Blizzard char from my Blizzard account on a Blizzard forum”

1 Like

wait i’m confused
 wasn’t there a new btag thread? what happened to that?

i can’t seem to find it anywhere

This probably wouldn’t surprise anyone at all
but I would support this 200%.

In fact, Facebook has stared to do this in many groups to protect the privacy of their users, which is the exact opposite of what some politicians wanted, that were under the unfortunate delusion that taking away people’s right to be anonymous would increase harassment on the internet.

You think I’d be offended if someone called Anonymous says something nasty, I definitely wouldn’t be.

Good threat OP, I 200% support this suggestion.

Of course this wouldn’t be a surprise to anyone who knows me.

2 Likes

yeah i think its a very good idea.

1 Like

LOL

Flagged and removed for trolling

2 Likes

that’s wonderful to hear, thank you so much.

1 Like

I wasn’t there, but my understanding is that it was a bunch of offensive nonsense so the mods stepped in.

I missed all the fun myself unfortunately, as I was out the museum and art gallery on Sunday

What’s confusing to me is the dragon that legit just joined the forums solely to instantly like anyone in favor of the OP the literal second it gets posted

5 Likes

Facebook and Privacy go together like pickled chocolate.

2 Likes

Thank you for voicing your opinion.

That one person has targeted you too and shared personal characters info on twitter as hateful speech.

Anonymous posting is way to go for safer enivroment.

That was a different thread that had nothing to do with btags

How would this change with the OP’s anonymous posting vs what we have currently?

thank you for supporting this idea.

1 Like

well since the btag thread today was removed, i suppose we now know blizzard’s stance on the subject.

2 Likes

Having no way to mute or block people would only serve to enable trollish behavior.

7 Likes