New forum function - posting anonymously, as Anonymous

I think a fully anonymous posting system would genuinely solve this problem.

Thank you very much for your input, though.

I hope you have a lovely day.

1 Like

Btags are just fine. They don’t have any real life infomation attached.

1 Like

If you need a boost to your self-confidence to be able to post, then maybe consider if what you’re posting is… well, worth posting?
It’s so weird to me to be embarrassed by your own posts.

And security? lol

2 Likes

Bruh, i’m making you sound not inane. lol.

Anonymous posting would really help people feel comfortable posting

Indeed. Take a second and reflect if thats what you really want others to call you out on before you hit enter.
Ive had to do this often.
Sometimes i hit enter too fast and regret what i posted; then you see that “removed by poster” message.

1 Like

No, this is exactly why we need BTags. BTags will solve more problems than anonymous posting, and anonymous posting is only asking for increased toxicity.

1 Like

Don’t speak for everyone, please. I would feel VERY uncomfortable with people being allowed to post whatever they want without consequence.

Honestly, if that were to happen, I would leave the forums and not come back. I won’t be abused by an anonymous troll. It’s happened far too many times in the past, not that you care about that.

3 Likes

With fully anonymous posting, you wouldn’t have to worry about that which I think would be a beneficial thing to have

Ikr.

Just have the nerve to post things if you want to post things at aleast, ya know? Like i had the nerve to make a thread about Mike Ybarra’s tipping tweet.

1 Like

I find it hilarious that people think that Btags would stop people from posting mean things or harassing others like the people who do that care if they post from Mcbutts the Orc Shaman instead of Mcbutts#1372 the Btag

1 Like

Well I am sorry to hear that, truly.

But anonymous posting would provide such a great benefit to the forums that it would be very good to have, even if you decide to not enjoy it.

I hope you have a wonderful day

1 Like

Honestly, I think people are just afraid of regret.

There are so many social media stars who have been cancelled over past posts/tweets they’ve made. They’re probably scared of that happening to them and, instead of controlling themselves and not being a bad person, they’d rather hide.

1 Like

And that is exactly why full anonymous posting would be a huge benefit for the wow forums

Yes, being told to off myself repeatedly by someone I can’t block because they’re anonymous is VERY beneficial.

2 Likes

Yes, you’d love anonymous posting, so you can continue to sockpuppet, don’t you?

3 Likes

Btags makes the people responsible for the words and actions they say as they will not go and on another alt.

If you find it funny, why exactly take an issue with it then?

Postal Dude’s voice, Rick Hunter’s specifically: I regret nothing.

I would understand that if it’s something extremely offensive and deliberate.

But something that is pretty light, accidental or pretty old… eeeeeeeh. Let’s just say i look at the context of why the things are said in the first place.

I just report Bulakzbgor for spamming at this point. He’s got nothing to actually say or to back himself up here and just loves to hear himself talk.

1 Like

How much sockpuppeting really goes on around here?

I want to go to battletags, just so we can find out the answer to that question.

I suspect it is far lower of a problem than certain frequent posters here are assuming, but I can’t claim to actually know.

I think when (if) we go to battle tag system, this place will be just as crummy as it is currently. No noticeable change.

Yes and that is why anonymous posting would be the better option for the forums.

1 Like

When did I say I take issue with it? laughing at the suggestion isn’t me saying it should/shouldn’t happen.

1 Like