New forum function - posting anonymously, as Anonymous

But their doing nothing.

They even see how blatantly terrible the anti-btags are, and they do nothing. Even if some of the Pro-btags are being a bit of jerks, they are still better then Anti-btaggers.

I like posting as my character. I wouldn’t like it being my battletag. I know some people want battletags to avoid trolls but you can do that now just by not interacting with them, hah.

Gandolf voice
“A Troll will always troll, my friends. In the end
they find a way.”

Truthfully, because we’re engaging with them. This is why we were told to ignore, and report. I’ve even had CS confirm this too.

Although yes, I am contradicting and doing the same thing myself.

The only thing anyone deserves here is the opportunity to show that they should be listened to. Once they have burned that chance, they are not necessarily entitled to a 2nd.

4 Likes

If they dislike it, they can not engage in it. But they choose too by saying “oH iT’s UNfOrtaBle”. And that tells me all i need to know about them as a character.

I disagree. Sounding respectful/polite and being respectful/polite are two different things.

If say for example, somebody told me to jump off a cliff, and somebody told me that but nicer
 it’s still somebody telling me to jump off a cliff. And it’s not fine to do that just because you (not you) say it “politely”.

1 Like

Don’t sweat, we all have those moments. By the end of the day, just getting along with each other is truly what counts.

To be fair, we’re welcome to our own opinions. Blizz doesn’t tell us not to pick sides or have our own posts/feelings on things. We are welcome to them as long as we follow the Code of Conduct of the forums. When we don’t, we’re moderated just like everyone else, but for those of us who are CS or Tech Support (or both) MVPs, we’ll generally be reached out to by the MVP team and reminded why we’re green.

I’m okay with this and with being held to a higher standard than most other customers. I’m human too and sometimes let trolls, or other players being intentionally obtuse, get to me and reply in ways I know I’m better than.

It’s why I utilize the current (and inadequate) ignore system. It’s why I do indeed hope and look forward to either the forums being just like the rest of the Blizzard forums using b-tags or them shutting the forums down altogether and silencing everyone. I’d prefer the former so that we can still voice our opinions though.

4 Likes

They do things to people even when they engage. Their just very selective about it.

No offense, but i don’t think Pro Btags can ever sink to the level of Anti-btags. Esp considering, going off my list i’ve made on Twitter if Blizzard don’t have Btags, they have done those things in some capacity or another.

You pretending that you haven’t already seen it when others already linked it for you elsewhere is almost one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen you do on here

5 Likes

Then I can assume that nothings changed in that regard.

As faith in an aging statement can only take you so far.

i can think of a few users who are infamous for a reason.

3 Likes

Yes you do that a lot and in doing so quite often prove the old adage about assuming things to be accurate.

4 Likes

Inflated optimism for change often precedes a need for solid evidence for its coming.

1 Like

this quote from the blue poster, it was made roughly 18 months ago, am i correct?

Re-read the whole comment.

i just read the OP and your quote adds a lot of words that aren’t actually written in the OP, right?

OP simply wants to say or do terrible things without repercussion. That’s pretty much the real message of OP beyond her words if you actually read the comment and not the surface level “politeness”. This idea will only be abused by terrible actors, and you would be silly to deny that. And would even go against your fake politeness if you’re fine with OP. (Double standards aren’t polite ya know)

This is why i don’t just read the tone the person uses, but the message they are actually saying.

Again
 :point_down:

Of coarse, given your silence on that comment or just outright avoiding it by saying “It’s uncomfortable”, that tells me you don’t mind that happening.

2 Likes

i agree with the OP and believe OP is completely correct.

OP seems very polite and genuinely wants to provide the best forum experience for everyone.

So you think this is fine then? :point_down:

I mean heaven forbid, somebody (and they actually did) told me to do that or some other variation of that results me of not being here, but i guess to you, it’s fine along it’s “polite-sounding”, huh?

i think OP is perfectly fine and their suggestion would genuinely make the forums a much more polite atmosphere :slight_smile: